+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need of Welding School

Post Thanks / Like

Need of Welding School

I'm a 22-year-old man searching for a job to secure my life. I went to some job-oriented schools in and around Toronto. While searching, I came across different technical courses like plumbing, wiring, fabrications, welding, etc. and interested in welding, so I magnify the search for welding courses. Most of the schools offer certification courses that provide course completion certificates too. My friend suggested me to approach this welding school in Toronto(https://www.weldtechtraining.com/), which helped him build his career. Is anyone or your friends has related training events over there, then comment over how significant the event was?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need of Welding School

Any schooling can but not always be better than no schooling. Bad examples are schools that exploit you for money with very little training or learning taking place. Be careful which school you choose to go to. Get verifiable references and contact those references to see what they learned at that school and how it helped further their careers. Certificates are good for getting your foot in the door. However at a new job, your ability to show up everyday on time if not early everyday, eager ready and willing to do what ever it takes to get the job done while being a super soaker sponge absorbing as much knowledge as possible while not being a know it all will serve you well. If hard physical labor is not for you as in lifting heavy tools or objects perhaps you should focus on a welding or fabricating career that limits heavy dangerous work. There are many career welders here that can give you some good ideas for schools but it’s up to you to do the research and find out exactly what type of welder you want to be. Good luck young man.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

3. Likes DavidR8, Weldordie, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My appending schools is low.
    But most it a good way to go if does not cost to mush.

I was welding be for I was in high school.

My father had fab shop and every vacation I did welding and I only had lesson. After I used books from book store.
    It also how paid for college too. No student loans

If do not have money for just buy a welder and a good book from Lincoln.
    The members can help you even if go to school.

Good luck with your new way of life

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Instruction by a qualified welder trumps reading 1000 books or watching every video on the planet. Talk to the vocational schools in your area and see if they offer welding courses and/or pre-employment welding courses. CWB is another place to check.

6. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both works
    If you find a good instructor and adorable.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Instruction by a qualified welder trumps reading 1000 books or watching every video on the planet. Talk to the vocational schools in your area and see if they offer welding courses and/or pre-employment welding courses. CWB is another place to check.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, talk to local companies in your area about the local schools. Usually if they dont ever want to hire from a school, that's a good bet that the school is for profit and not for learning.

Welding is a very broad term. Most people dont realize there is more to welding then stick welding pipe and welding dumpsters. There are a lot of variants out there like building roll cages, sanitary tube, critical weight welding like for NASA, even things like specializing in cast iron repairs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter if the instructor is adorable as long as they know how to weld.

10. Likes N2 Welding, CAVEMANN, DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter if the instructor is adorable as long as they know how to weld.
    This makes me think of Bob Moffat of weld.com. What happened to him anyway?
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is Bob Moffat???

When I learned welding I was to young for any classroom.
    But I could buy books and had a Miller AC welder.
    I found a book work well and did till how to use each type of welding rod.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Arc Junkies recently did a podcast with him as the guest, give it a listen.
    Richard
    West coast of Florida
    Website

14. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    Arc Junkies recently did a podcast with him as the guest, give it a listen.
    looking it up now.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they any Union shops nearby ??
    Check to see if apprenticeships are available.
    Get paid while you learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Who is Bob Moffat???

When I learned welding I was to young for any classroom.
    But I could buy books and had a Miller AC welder.
    I found a book work well and did till how to use each type of welding rod.

Dave
    You need to learn how to proof read and edit before posting responses. Hard to understand what you're trying to say most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do that all time and with autocorrect and be really surprising to me too.

Sorry
    When had business my wife poof read everything.
    The last job I retired from paper pushing write reports. I let reports set a day before sending out and I was surprised too.

Dave

You need to learn how to proof read and edit before posting responses. Hard to understand what you're trying to say most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

There are multiple options for good welding schools in Toronto area. You can choose a school with a 1yr or a 2yr course. The 2yr course will go into more detail but the 1yr course will give you a good understanding to get started somewhere.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Yes I do that all time and with autocorrect and be really surprising to me too.

Sorry
    When had business my wife poof read everything.
    The last job I retired from paper pushing write reports. I let reports set a day before sending out and I was surprised too.

Dave
    You can read what you just typed before posting it and see if it makes sense. Then change it easily if it doesn't. A lot of your posts read like they written by someone who had a few too many wobbly pops.

Post Thanks / Like

I can not type as fast as THINK
    With autocorrect and dropping works it makes for fun decoding.
    Even when high school and college the teachers noted too.

Dave

You can read what you just typed before posting it and see if it makes sense. Then change it easily if it doesn't. A lot of your posts read like they written by someone who had a few too many wobbly pops.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not fun trying to decode what you're trying to say.

Post Thanks / Like

In grammar school teachers compare to Thomas Edison.
    Just think of how many of doctors have same problem they always have some do there typing. Just try reading the RX they to pharmacy. The pharmacists call the doctor's office for decorating.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I am not trying to funny

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

This forum is typed not written. Not everyone will take you seriously if you have poor grammar with jumbled words. It would be different if you were from a European or other foreign nation where English wasn't your first language.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very true.
    Make worse is my great grandfather came from England.

I do agree with you say.
    When phone I have no problems some times they will please slow down.

In school the only subject I received a C was English all others was a lot higher.

Dave

This forum is typed not written. Not everyone will take you seriously if you have poor grammar with jumbled words. It would be different if you were from a European or other foreign nation where English wasn't your first language.

Post Thanks / Like

when Egrish is your second language and what not then it's not hard to see why he speaks the way he does. Have you never worked with any one from another country where they could barely speak english. Cut him some slack, he's trying but... .. . oh any way.

Some call it Spanglish! Otherwise knows as funky bilingual

Last edited by N2 Welding; 09-21-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It shows he's from California and I've never seen where he's said English is his 2nd. language. I'm trying to help him so people can better understand what he's trying to say.

Post Thanks / Like

It shows he's from California and I've never seen where he's said English is his 2nd. language. I'm trying to help him so people can better understand what he's trying to say.
    It does not show where you are from. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying what he is as far and culture is concerned. What I'm saying is based on my experience he speaks fairly decent broken English if in fact that is what the situation is with his hard to decipher communication skills. Being around a lot of Mexicans in Texas and California I can say it looks and reads a lot like some one who speaks English as a second language. He looks less educated because of his communication skills but if he has reached the age of retirement building Air port Hanger doors then he's obviously not a dumb crumb. He just has a specific "not normal" way of communicating with a community of vastly English driven Comradery! I'm wondering why you are trying so hard to point out the obvious. No points earned or gained by attempting to make any one look less than equivalent than you :/

If you truly are trying to help out take it to PM's and not spam it all over some one else's thread. It does not send a good message to new members wanting to learn and develop welding skills while jumping into the cooking pot here at WW.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 09-21-2020 at 08:43 PM.

30. Likes LtBadd liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist