+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 502 Bad Gateway

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 502 Bad Gateway

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    Little more info: I just tried changing the thread number in the URL..."showthread.php?707647" I change the last digit to 4,5,6,8,9,etc... every number brings up a different thread including '37' which is the 'business subforum'... they all work great... I wonder if it has to do with the really BIG pics Lis2323 is putting in that thread...

I don't see a post with large images in that thread. which post number is it? this seems like it may be related.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robb M. View Post
    I don't see a post with large images in that thread. which post number is it? this seems like it may be related.
    Since I can't see the thread right now... I'm going from memory but I do remember seeing a post of his and was going to reply to it that's when it quit showing up... at first I thought it was on my end but most if not all the other parts of WW seem to be working... so not sure????

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked through the 'Print view' https://weldingweb.com/vbb/printthre...7&pp=25&page=1 of the thread and only see on pic attachment in it ... so I was thinking of a different thread that Terry put a bunch of big pics in....

Also, just went through the main forum and clicked on 10-20 threads in each category and every one of them pops up nice and quick like they should... until I get to 'Machines, tools, cutting methods/ plasma cut holes drill to size thread then instant 502... weird tried restarting my browser, opening it in a private window... no joy....

The thread worked the other day just fine when I replied to Vaughns post and again when I saw Lis2323's post about my post...but when I hit Reply it never came back....

Post Thanks / Like

502 Bad Gateway

I get them too

This was a few minutes ago when I clicked on the Show us what you welded today thread.
    Last edited by Lis2323; 04-22-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

502 Bad Gateway

I just looked through the 'Print view' https://weldingweb.com/vbb/printthre...7&pp=25&page=1 of the thread and only see on pic attachment in it ... so I was thinking of a different thread that Terry put a bunch of big pics in....

Also, just went through the main forum and clicked on 10-20 threads in each category and every one of them pops up nice and quick like they should... until I get to 'Machines, tools, cutting methods/ plasma cut holes drill to size thread then instant 502... weird tried restarting my browser, opening it in a private window... no joy....

The thread worked the other day just fine when I replied to Vaughns post and again when I saw Lis2323's post about my post...but when I hit Reply it never came back....
    Yeah right. Blame it on Terry.
    Last edited by Lis2323; 04-22-2020 at 11:27 PM.
    :

6. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Yeah right. Blame it on Terry.
    Oh!!!! sorry I didn't see you in here...

Just tried the welding pic thread https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...38#post8743738 came up without incident...

The plasma cut holes drilled thread is however still 502'd... and from my end it seems to be the only one like it out of the ~hundred threads I've tried so far... in fact this is the first time in about a year that I have seen a 502 error anywhere... yeah I know... I don't get out much

Post Thanks / Like

hey ronsii, what browser and operating system are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

hey ronsii, what browser and operating system are you using?
    Hey RobbM, This is on a dell laptop I have in the shop running win vista business with firefox esr 32 bit on it, but I get the same 502 on my smart phone running chrome 81.0.4044.111 on android 9
    Name:  fierfox-about.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  47.6 KB

And I just switched to cel data on the smart phone and turned wifi off to get me off the dsl line my computers are on... got a 502 on verizon cel data??? strange... it's the only thread I have found so far... that gives me the error every time I try it...

EDIT2: just logged out and in on the off chance .... but no difference still 502'd if I get time tonight I'll dig into it a bit deeper- run a tracrt and some other things to see what changing on this particular thread.
    Last edited by ronsii; 04-23-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Doing it on Windows 10'/Microsoft Edge also. One thread will do it and another will be fine while if you go back and try the other again still get the bad gateway page.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    Doing it on Windows 10'/Microsoft Edge also. One thread will do it and another will be fine while if you go back and try the other again still get the bad gateway page.
    Which specific threads are you getting the error from danielplace?

Post Thanks / Like

Which specific threads are you getting the error from danielplace?
    It was last night in shop layout or machine, tools sub forums. I was all over so forgot the actual post but I tried about 3 times but this was my only time and fine before and since.

Post Thanks / Like

It was last night in shop layout or machine, tools sub forums. I was all over so forgot the actual post but I tried about 3 times but this was my only time and fine before and since.
    Gottcha,that's the same sub the thread giving me the error is in... but yours is working now...everytime I try the plasma cut holes thread it comes back 502'd... on multiple devices with different internet service???

Post Thanks / Like

I am able to replicate the issue using Firefox today. hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get into the thread here: https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...-drill-to-size

Post Thanks / Like

That loaded just fine coming in the support sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, just spent a few minutes looking at what FF is sending to the WW server...

Looks like the 'referrer' is not getting passed for that thread...\\
    Here is the thread just above that one in the same sub forum, it sends the referrer just fine.
    Name:  502error-isreferrer.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  78.4 KB
    But it's missing from the plasma cut drilled holes thread.
    Name:  502error-noreferrer.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  57.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

One other weird thing... I can set my FF to to be an IPad or kindle fire HDX and it will also fail to a 502 yet setting it to any of the Iphones...6/7/8/XS/max/plus or pixel2/XL or galaxy note3/9/s3/s9/plus all load the page just fine???

Name:  502error-ipad-spoof-fail.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  51.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Just did it.
    Machine tools>any idea what these are ?

Post Thanks / Like

Just did it.
    What platform and browser?

Post Thanks / Like

I get a 404 not found when I use this link. https://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Electrical When the link is edited it brings me to the main forum just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Dumb question coming from somebody not super computer savvy, but could these links be trying to access a version of WW that has been lost in the recent crashes/changes? Basically trying to connect with something that no longer exists in that format?
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal01 View Post
    I get a 404 not found when I use this link. https://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Electrical When the link is edited it brings me to the main forum just fine.
    Not sure where you got that link from but thread number 35 that's an old one!!!! this is a link from a search engine in the old format.
    Last edited by ronsii; 04-26-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Dumb question coming from somebody not super computer savvy, but could these links be trying to access a version of WW that has been lost in the recent crashes/changes? Basically trying to connect with something that no longer exists in that format?
    The 404 errors are just that... things that do NOT exist anymore... or never did... bad copy and pasting... etc....

The 502 errors on the other hand seem to be sort of random but in some cases(or all cases) are dependent on what you are using to access them.

In my case it only seems to be the one thread which I could view and post to just a couple days ago??? but then right in the midle of viewing it and going to post a response it started giving me the 502.... non-stop!!! I see some people on here experiencing a 502 but then later it will work for them...
    Last edited by ronsii; 04-26-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you got that link from but thread number 35 that's an old one!!!! this is a link from a search engine in the old format.
    That was my bookmark.

Post Thanks / Like

Just did it.

My firefox loads that thread up just fine... but... if I try it as and Iphone,galaxy, pixel or just about any other smartphone it won't work??? IPAD does load it

Attachment 1710751

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist