+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On Line Parts Source

Post Thanks / Like

On Line Parts Source

I am new here and fairly new to welding. I just bought my first welder a Miller 175. I got it off ebay for a really good price. that is the only reason i did not buy local. the seller had all good feed back and the item was listed as new.

Well it shows up at my house today. The welder is packed like crap, the gun does not fit the welder, and the ground clamp and instruction manual are missing. Otherwise the actual welder appears to be ok.

So i am looking for an online parts source I could just use as a referance for the replacement parts. Hopefully this seller will want to keep is good feedback and resolve this.

-Paul
    Newbie to welding

Post Thanks / Like
    pyagid,

Go right to the Miller website at www.millerwelds.com You should be able to download your owners manual right from the site.

There are others on this site that will be able to give you more information as to what you need for your specific welder. Good Luck.
    Here in the Great White North
    Mosquitoes can't fly at 40 below

Paychk Guest

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the links. I found what i was looking for. It appears the gun that was in the package is supposed to go with a lincoln welder. Which happens to be up for auction also. I am hopeing he just got them mixed up and fixes this

Post Thanks / Like
    Well pyagid welcome to the board!! and was going to post the link but u got it now. I downloaded a manual for a old miller mig the other day, it was very complete!Sorry i couldnt help more but u got what u need.Hope the seller helps u out!!!

Paychk Guest
    I bet that is what happened, the guns got mixed, especialy with the comments on the sellers rating.

PS A belated welcome the the Welders Web (WW)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the seller contacted me finally and said it was just a mix up and to give him a couple of days and he will send out all the correct parts.

And thanks for the Welcomes

Post Thanks / Like
    The seller of the item does not seem to be responding to me anymore. And it does not look like he is going to come through. I filed a complaint with paypal and see how that works out. If not i will also file a complaint with the

Internet Fraud Complaint Center

So as of now it looks like i need to get a regulator, and a gun inorder to use my new welder.

As far as welding guns should i stick with a factory miller gun? or I have seen some made by other companies made to fit a miller at a lower price.

I know with some equipment it is best to stick with the factory components, and others it is better to go with a aftermarket component.

Like i said i am new to this hobbie, and any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Paul

morpheus Guest
    Sorry to hear of your dealings pyagid, I've had to file a complaint with the Internet Fraud Division of the FBI before when I got screwed on a deal once. And I'll tell you what, this was one time when I was proud to see big gov't in action, they busted that guys balls I'll tell ya.

I guess it went that the FBI contacted the State Attorney General and the Attorney General contacted the Sheriff of that county. That dude got hosed I'll tell ya, in the end he was calling and writing ME trying to rectify to situation because the law was reaming him a new one !

It took some time to get going but once it did ... it was a powerful !

I'd probably just go back with a stock mig gun that way you could always get stock consumables (tips, nozzles, etc) and you'd know the gun would hook right up to the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    pyagid;

Did you get a regulator and M10 gun for your MM175 yet? You can use flux-core until you get a regulator if you get the gun. Too bad about the bum deal. Gives a bad name to dealing with an unknown. Sometimes paying a little more to the local dealer has it's benefits.

Post Thanks / Like
    I filed a claim with Paypal but since i got a partial shipment of goods even if they were not what was ordered or was all not there they do not do anything about it.

I also filed a claim with square trade and IFCC and can not file a claim with pay pal for another 2 days until the 30 day grace period

so in the mean time it looks like i am going to be looking for a M10

Post Thanks / Like
    pyagid;

I think you verified why I never trusted Pay Pal. I've seen them used in some other scams-double dipping, etc.. If the seller doesn't want my insured credit cards they can lump it. Hope you have a gas supplier and Hobart or Miller dealer with what you need near you. They should be able to fix you up. There are many reputable on-line welding sites with what you need too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had great luck and excellent support from my local BOC dealer over the years and they handle both Lincoln and Miller. I prefer Miller myself but Lincoln make a good machine too. I personally would stick with a stock Miller gun easier to get parts and you know it will work. Flux core is an option I use it from time to time when welding in the field or on SH** steel. Too bad you got a bum deal with ebay I have had some good dealing on ebay both selling and buying. But it is just like any farm auction Buyer be ware. Good luck.
    Ron

ShopFloorTalk

Millermatic 350P, M-25, M-40 guns
    Dynasty 300DX, Coolmate 3, Crafter CS-310 Torch
    Trailblazer 302, 12RC, WC-24
    30A spoolgun
    Spectrum 2050

Thermal Arc Plasma Welder PS-3000/WC-100B

Post Thanks / Like
    How about identifying the seller so the rest of us can beware (or be aware).
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist