+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CNC Plasma Table

Post Thanks / Like

CNC Plasma Table

Has anyone heard of the Shop Sabre company? www.shopsabre.com Let me know what you all think of the company. The salesman has been very good with answering my questions and keeping in contact with me. The thing I like about them is that it is a turnkey system. They provide the computer, plasma cutter, water table, etc... all setup, tested and ready to go. He is willing to ship it for free as well. Total cost with a PM 85 is around $16,500.00

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CNC Plasma Table

Whats the size of the table?
    How about tech suport after the salesman leaves?
    Is this guy setting up the table in your shop for you?
    \What software comes with it?
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

4x4 table
    lifetime tech support like most of them
    The table ships mostly assembled (it's not a bolt together system like TM or Plasmacam)
    Not sure on software(what should I be looking for)?

Post Thanks / Like

does it have DTHC?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a 4x4 plasmacam with everything you need to get going but a cutter and water table for just under $10 000.
    A 4x4 torchmate is slightly more. I dont think your getting this at a real cheap price. The bolt together tables are not hard to set up.
    A water table for the torchmate will cost $1500. Old computer to use in the shop costs peanuts.. I built my own water table for very little cost.
    Last edited by snoeproe; 04-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not particuarly looking for the cheapest table. I don't have much CNC experience and am looking for something that is easy to use, and ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured that by the time I got the plasmacam $10,000, computer $500, cutter $3,200, water table $1,000 = $14,700. The $16,500 doesn't sound too bad, and I don't have to worry about building the water table, setting up the computer, configuring the cutter, and then testing it out to make sure it all works together. Am I thinking wrong or just over thinking things?

Post Thanks / Like

check out this place in Nashville, they have some nice looking machines http://trucutcnc.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently building a precision plasma and a candcnc table. I have no experience withcnc at all. Mine will be up and running soon, and I have not spent $16K I'm also building mine as a 5X10 table. My total cost is about $14K. That includes all the steel to build the table, water tray, powermax 65, Quincy compressor, pc, gantry, and the electronics andsoftwere. If you look on precision plasmas website you will find all the detail drawings for table builds, I followed them to a t and have a great table. It's one solid piece of equipment. I spent about 18 months looking at diffrent designs before my purchase, and you want a table that will allow the gantry to move completely off the cutting area to make loading steel easier, you want one or both side dropped below the gantry for ease of loading as well. Some of the cheaper machines you have to slide the plate in below the gantry, and invetween the raised rails, and you run the risk of breaking the torch, or damaging the rails this way. Hope this makes sence Ti you. I have been up for the last 23 hours and in a hurry. Ask more questions if needed.
    Offering CNC Plasma cutting and welding projects.
    Follow me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nobigdeal.fab

Support those that support WW.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    For the home hobby guy this may be the way to go for about $1700.
    http://shop.gearheadcnc.com/HobbyPlaz-V2-01.htm

have fun
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Brucer, do you have a truecutcnc machine? I talked to them today and they were really good to talk to and seem to make a good machine for a great price. I can get a 4X8 machine for what most want for a 4X4 machine.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have a tru cut table, but I have been to their shop and they make a good product. I will probably buy one from them this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acourtjester View Post
    Hi
    For the home hobby guy this may be the way to go for about $1700.
    http://shop.gearheadcnc.com/HobbyPlaz-V2-01.htm

have fun
    Tom
    That's not a bad deal, but it is definatly a hobby machine. I read a bit on Thier page, and you get a trial version of mach3, the full version it an additional 175. Factor in about 250 for shipping, another 150-200 for a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. And you still need a cad and cam program. So to be ready to run your looking closer to 2500-3500. (dependent on cad/cam choice as some programs can be upwards of $600 for each)
    Offering CNC Plasma cutting and welding projects.
    Follow me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nobigdeal.fab

Support those that support WW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky0908 View Post
    Brucer, do you have a truecutcnc machine? I talked to them today and they were really good to talk to and seem to make a good machine for a great price. I can get a 4X8 machine for what most want for a 4X4 machine.
    nope, I dont own a truecut machine..
    I'm designing and building my own table, I'm too tight to buy a machine..

Post Thanks / Like

The software on the Plasmacam is going he make the biggest difference. I love it because all that I ever have to use is one software program (Designedge). It makes life easy because I can design and cut on the same program. The set up that I started with was pretty standard. It cost me under $9,000 (with some of the more advanced features) You can get a z motor ready table for as low as $6,980 with software. The thing that I enjoy the most is the Ohmic Height Control on this machine, which avoids collisions with materials (material will not drag because it will stop before it hits it, thus avoiding a wasted sheet of material) and makes my consumables last longer. There are not very many outfits that will offered this type of height control in this price range (shop saber being on of them). I like the servo motors too. Plasmacam also sells fully loaded set ups, complete with a computer and a Hypertherm. I already had a computer and a cutter when I purchased mine, so did need the extras. Plasmacam also did provide me with a DXF file to cut out my own water table (bend lines & ready to go) and the dxf for enclosure panels if you decide to go the downdraft route. Doing it this way, you are probably looking at purchasing under $100 worth of metal for the water table instead of paying closer to a $1,000 for pre made one. The warranty is also a big factor. Having three years is nice. The shop saber looks like well engineered machine, but price, the different softwares that were necessary to learn and stepper motor system made them look pretty similar to every other Joe Blow CNC outfit on the market.

Hap

Hap

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist