+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longevity Brand (Off brand plasma question)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longevity Brand (Off brand plasma question)

Quote Originally Posted by olddad View Post
    Mr longevity,
    I'm an AMERICAN by birth and a VETERAN by choice...THAT sir, gives me THE RIGHT to hold any opinion I choose !! I choose to call BS to any support that causes AMERICANS to lose jobs. I just happen to be part of that faction and I will be bitter on CHINESE JUNK until the day I'm planted. Many things are made BETTER in other countries !! The crap from China is exactly that though...CRAP !! When they have as good as or better weld products I'll stop bitching about them but that won't happen in my lifetime.

Call me a protectionist or a$ or whatever you choose. I buy within my means and if I can't afford what I desire I save until I can...and I recommend others do the same !! You can buy quality once...or you can replace your crap with another later !!
    I beleave that we could all learn from this I use AMERICAN TOOL I DRIVE AN AMERICAN CAR. AND LEGAL CITIZANS BUILT BOTH OF OUR HOUSES. I try to buy everything american that I can if you can use this website to buy everything you can made in the usa http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/index.php Just rember Support the Country you Live in or Live in the Country you Support!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny,
    The engineers I know in this country, dont take the "engineers" from china seriously....especially those that have worked for them. It would be one thing if there were international education standards....but there arent. Every class of product has its place, this imported disposable welding equipment is probably great for the hobbyist that wants to dink around in their shop once in a while....might be a good edition to wal-mart...especially if we can get it in Pink with flowers on it for the Martha Stewart edition.
    Sorry Mr. Longevity ( by the way why do all of you guys use names that indicate a durable product? ), no personal attacks intended....I just work for an American engineering company that has had to compete with, and then work with these people.....notice I said "had" ....we learned our lesson before it was too late. Every company "tests the waters" of a growing industrial nation...some work out well ( India has excellent analaysis people and they are natrually gifted at it ), some turn out to be.....not so good..I put china in the "not so good" category. So does the red army use Longevity welders to assemble the tanks they use to roll into Tibet? Sorry....just a joke.....for us anyway...not for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makoman1860 View Post
    Funny,
    The engineers I know in this country, dont take the "engineers" from china seriously....especially those that have worked for them. It would be one thing if there were international education standards....but there arent. Every class of product has its place, this imported disposable welding equipment is probably great for the hobbyist that wants to dink around in their shop once in a while....might be a good edition to wal-mart...especially if we can get it in Pink with flowers on it for the Martha Stewart edition.
    Sorry Mr. Longevity ( by the way why do all of you guys use names that indicate a durable product? ), no personal attacks intended....I just work for an American engineering company that has had to compete with, and then work with these people.....notice I said "had" ....we learned our lesson before it was too late. Every company "tests the waters" of a growing industrial nation...some work out well ( India has excellent analaysis people and they are natrually gifted at it ), some turn out to be.....not so good..I put china in the "not so good" category. So does the red army use Longevity welders to assemble the tanks they use to roll into Tibet? Sorry....just a joke.....for us anyway...not for others.
    My dad is an engineer and every engineer I have ever talked to had nothing but bad things to say about this chinese ****. I guess that is why I am so pro american. But I belive that the ecomony sucks and any one that wants to export one more job go ahead but I hope and pray thats its your job.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys just a question... u never seem to post about Harbor Freight importing all their tools... y is Longevity always to blame for having machinery produced overseas?

Everyone at Longevity has been great with my purchase and i am very impressed with the engineering of the unit, the size and power it produces. Maybe if you guys gave it a try u may experience the machine for yourselves and see that these products like a majority of imported products are made as well as american or japanse, etc... (and we all agree most machine tools, drills, saws, etc are produced NOT in america)

I love my machine and i recommend it to anyone out there who want to buy a miller, lincoln, harbor, etc...

PS: i give kudos to simon and longevity for maintaining a professional environment on here. It seems to me that they are the only company dealing and defending imported quality products such as theirs and I support them!
    Last edited by bill304; 07-12-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill304 View Post
    Guys just a question... u never seem to post about Harbor Freight importing all their tools... y is Longevity always to blame for having machinery produced overseas?

Everyone at Longevity has been great with my purchase and i am very impressed with the engineering of the unit, the size and power it produces. Maybe if you guys gave it a try u may experience the machine for yourselves and see that these products like a majority of imported products are made as well as american or japanse, etc... (and we all agree most machine tools, drills, saws, etc are produced NOT in america)

I love my machine and i recommend it to anyone out there who want to buy a miller, lincoln, harbor, etc...

PS: i give kudos to simon and longevity for maintaining a professional environment on here. It seems to me that they are the only company dealing and defending imported quality products such as theirs and I support them!
    You don't think that I hate harbor freight??? Because I will tell you what I do and I'm as big of an a**hole about harbor freight! Its just this simon guy is here trying to sell his products here. I'll tell you buy a longevity and a name brand american welder and see what you have more problems with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill304 View Post

Well Said. Thanks for the support. I hope these people understand we are not going anywhere and our support and product quality is as good if not better as anyone else out there.

Thanks
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1474 View Post
    My dad is an engineer and every engineer I have ever talked to had nothing but bad things to say about this chinese ****. I guess that is why I am so pro american. But I belive that the ecomony sucks and any one that wants to export one more job go ahead but I hope and pray thats its your job.
    The engineers we have are very professional and I think the engineers in America respect engineers all over the world.

Our engineers were able to create a smaller product that is more powerful than the Miller or Lincoln out there with the same reliability rate.

We are happy with those results!
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longevity-inc.com View Post
    Our engineers were able to create a smaller product that is more powerful than the Miller or Lincoln out there with the same reliability rate.....
    Will you please offer some basis for that comment, I do see any part of that seems to be true, smaller ? more powerful? same reliability rate?

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
    Will you please offer some basis for that comment, I do see any part of that seems to be true, smaller ? more powerful? same reliability rate?

Jack
    My mistake should have read: I don't see any part of that seems to be true

Post Thanks / Like

The engineers we have are very professional and I think the engineers in America respect engineers all over the world.

Our engineers were able to create a smaller product that is more powerful than the Miller or Lincoln out there with the same reliability rate.

We are happy with those results!
    That is a pretty tall claim. Got anything to back it up? More powerful? Same reliability rate?

David
    Real world weldin.

When I grow up I want to be a tig weldor.

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake should have read: I don't see any part of that seems to be true
    Well our 50 amp machine the lp50d is only 25 pounds and it cuts 3/8 with breeze. I didn't say we are better than any of the big boys but our units compare and in some cases offer a variety of benefits to the buyer such as size, price, and fast service. Also the consumables for the units are much cheaper and some last as long so the operating cost is less.

Plus we offer great support! You can verify with our customers and dealers or buy a a unit for $399 free shipping and see for youself!
    Last edited by longevity-inc.com; 07-13-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Well our 50 amp machine the lp50d is only 25 pounds and it cuts 3/8 with breeze. I didn't say we are better than any of the big boys but our units compare and in some cases offer a variety of benefits to the buyer such as size, price, and fast service. Also the consumables for the units are much cheaper and some last as long so the operating cost is less.

Plus we offer great support!
    Yes, that may be true, but my Hypertherm 30 weighs 20#, and cuts 3/8" like a breeze, as far as consumable cost, a nozzle and electrode is less than $7 a set, and they last a very very long time. The cost of the consumables is only part of the picture, how long they last is the other half, the true test for consumables is their cost divided by the lenght of cuts before they have to be changed. I'm very interested how your machine will stack up against the others of similar size, if you are involved in the testing proposed by MicroZone.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I've been wondering for some time, how many of these guys, that have a total of one to ten posts, are really legit???? Seems they only talk about one subject, and as we all know, it's easy and cheap enough to set up however many ISP's as one wishes .....

Consider ,,,, Miller, Lincoln, Hobart,Thermal Dynamics, ESAB, and Hypertherm probably sell thousands or millions more of these units, than Longevity, or Everlast, or whoever else, but the ONLY ones who bother registering, and PRAISING how great this stuff is, and have NOTHING else to say, about anything, are those few that supposedly "bought" one of those "off brand" units previously mentioned.

I may just be a simple farm boy, but I do know when something smells, and this is starting to really stink, and not a nice stink ......

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that may be true, but my Hypertherm 30 weighs 20#, and cuts 3/8" like a breeze, as far as consumable cost, a nozzle and electrode is less than $7 a set, and they last a very very long time. The cost of the consumables is only part of the picture, how long they last is the other half, the true test for consumables is their cost divided by the lenght of cuts before they have to be changed. I'm very interested how your machine will stack up against the others of similar size, if you are involved in the testing proposed by MicroZone.

Jack
    Jack,

The Longevity 40 and 50 amp consumables cost $1.75 per piece in our kits and it takes 4 pieces to make a set and they last pretty long since we started including the long electrodes and tips - almost twice as long in fact compared to the shorter tips also sold by Esab for the pt-31 torch. The 60amp torches are much better as they use higher grade metal for the tips and electrodes - they are more expensive though.

I guess we will have to provide some numbers shortly. Also, the people who test our units can also relay those stats.

I know Miller charges a bid more for a set, but once again, you can get those tips anywhere...

However, you do save by buying our products.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for deleting my post. I guess....if your going to push a china welder...might as well act like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for deleting my post. I guess....if your going to push a china welder...might as well act like them.
    Look, I have nothing to do with the Chinese BS communism or anything else that does not pertain to our company selling products. You never met our engineers, you never tried our products, you just post with your slander.

If you have an issue with importing products, call sony, gap, harbor, hobart, and a million other corporations. Please do not post BS about our product if you have no experience.

If you are a customer or wish to be one, we can help you with the support and sales of our products, but i cannot argue with you if china, india or any other place in the world is right or wrong for producing products - this is not a place for that. We are here to sell and support. There is a harbor freight forum, which you can post your likes and dislikes about the chinese. We are an American company who employ Americans and people that live in this great country and deal with people all over the world including UK and AU - this is our business. I am not a politician and I am sure every coin has two sides, but we monitor these forums and any posts that are misleading, slanderous or anything else about communism is not welcome here.

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Look, I have nothing to do with the Chinese BS communism or anything else that does not pertain to our company selling products. You never met our engineers, you never tried our products, you just post with your slander.

If you have an issue with importing products, call sony, gap, harbor, hobart, and a million other corporations. Please do not post BS about our product if you have no experience.

If you are a customer or wish to be one, we can help you with the support and sales of our products, but i cannot argue with you if china, india or any other place in the world is right or wrong for producing products - this is not a place for that. We are here to sell and support. There is a harbor freight forum, which you can post your likes and dislikes about the chinese. We are an American company who employ Americans and people that live in this great country and deal with people all over the world including UK and AU - this is our business. I am not a politician and I am sure every coin has two sides, but we monitor these forums and any posts that are misleading, slanderous or anything else about communism is not welcome here.

Simon
    Simon,
    Forgive me for getting irritated at the suggestion that the products like that you import, are as durable as the US designed units. I was hoping you would counter with facts...rather then deletion. Think of it as a prompt to prove your products background. For if it is suggested that the import welders are just as durable.....then you must have copies of the endurance testing reports from them? And you must also know all the test standards the other companies use? Your selling in a hard territory, data helps, if you have it.

P.S. I at one time owned a 40 amp plasma cutter sold by parker......for a very short time.

P.P.S. You might find engineering types also irritated over the problems with China corporate espionage lately, maybe I just have more experience with them, or much different then you. They are good salesmen though arent they?

Honestly good luck to you and your importing and sales company, I hope it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon,
    Forgive me for getting irritated at the suggestion that the products like that you import, are as durable as the US designed units. I was hoping you would counter with facts...rather then deletion. Think of it as a prompt to prove your products background. For if it is suggested that the import welders are just as durable.....then you must have copies of the endurance testing reports from them? And you must also know all the test standards the other companies use? Your selling in a hard territory, data helps, if you have it.

P.S. I at one time owned a 40 amp plasma cutter sold by parker......for a very short time.

P.P.S. You might find engineering types also irritated over the problems with China corporate espionage lately, maybe I just have more experience with them, or much different then you. They are good salesmen though arent they?

Honestly good luck to you and your importing and sales company, I hope it works out for you.
    Thank You very much! Please understand that it is very frustrating dealing with all these people who have not given us a chance for something we cannot control. If i had screwed customers over or anything in that nature then YES our company does not deserve to have a chance to compete.

However, i have been very good (or tried to be at every cost) to my customers in numerous situations, and I am tired of my threads turning into Chinese, BS or competitor BS.

Like i said before, I am here to sell and support and make sure my customers are happy with our products and our service so they can tell their friends about a positive experience. I am sorry for the post I deleted, but i just dont want this to continue not on here. I hope the rest of the people on here feel the same way and my wish for them to realize that even if they do not buy a manufacturer or assembled in China, India, etc product, at least they should realize that companies such as ours or the fact of competition will improve everyones product quality, make products more affordable for the consumer. All in all the consumers win. Hopefully the Miller or Lincons out there will lower some of their prices one day and for the die hard Miller or Lincoln fans that should be pleasant.

Anyway, thanks for the follow up and the good wishes. If you ever have a questions, please feel free to PM me personally.

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys even have engineers or do you just buy some product from china and slap your sticker on it?

And you keep talking that I don’t even evaluate the products or see what there all about before I talk. Well I have news I’m not the one that needs to do my research you’re the one that needs to prove your product however you can do that.

There are private testing facilities that test all aspects of the product have you considered that?

And sorry for my normal ******* mentality here but I just believe that all of us on the forum are welders or mechanist earning a honest living and we should support as many hard working Americans as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deadman1474 View Post
    Do you guys even have engineers or do you just buy some product from china and slap your sticker on it?

And you keep talking that I don’t even evaluate the products or see what there all about before I talk. Well I have news I’m not the one that needs to do my research you’re the one that needs to prove your product however you can do that.

There are private testing facilities that test all aspects of the product have you considered that?

And sorry for my normal ******* mentality here but I just believe that all of us on the forum are welders or mechanist earning a honest living and we should support as many hard working Americans as possible.
    Deadman,

You are blunt and I understand.

Well, not only are we affiliated with the engineers in China, but we currently have 3 engineers in the USA who will work with us to improve products. Also, with our dealing we had many engineers who purchased these machines and gave their insight to improve the products. In fact, we had done these tests before with professional welders before signing contracts with our exclusive suppliers.

As far as more testing, i think it will come in time because we are expanding and our resources for time are currently limited. Currently, i personally work 12-14 hour days and weekends and you can tell by my posts at 1,2,3 AM and i am back in the office by 9am so I am as hard working as anyone out there or i can say i put my heart into the company same way you guys put yours into something you love doing, so its hard to have to deal with all business issues and then go on here and defend ourselves from some die hard Miller fan- really ruins my mood , but the nice people that deal with our company keep us going!

And I know the people on here are WORKERS who are gifted with their hands, dont take crap from others, and have their own viewpoints that are very hard to change - and we respect that. You guys work hard for your money and our welders are much more affordable. I am not saying dont buy miller or lincoln - hell if you can afford it go for it because we are a small fraction compared to them as far as advertising, service, dealers, etc, but we are much bigger than any company in comparison to our competition and we do and offer the best product and support and we ARE GROWING FAST!

So from one hard working man to another, if you wish to try our unit, I and my staff will be happy to support you before and after sale. If you can afford a miller or recently bought one congrats. I want people to know we are not going anywhere and will continue to improve our products, support, offer more in depth information on our units, and will make sure every customer is treated with respect and is never left behind.

That is our company and my personal goal!

Simon
    LONGEVITY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist