Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2755

Thread: Welding Fail! post pics here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welding Fail! post pics here.

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    I've tried that... too far from the cities full of people that want them. I've had ads out before... get people showing up that want to fill their trunk with little stones. The guys that move 100 tonne at a time want nicely sorted piles that are sized with no dirt. Oddly enough, that's not how stonepiles in the field grow. If they see the 6 to 8 footers they turn tail and run. Anyway... sorry for taking the thread off topic... somebody better rip some welding apart...
    I did get a Chinese fellow, wanted six boulders to "sit on". I asked if he was OK with where they are? Or did he have a special place in mind? In his version of English, he explained he wanted them along his driveway. I delivered. He "paid" me with a pottery coffee cup. WOW! (sarcasm).
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

2. Likes whtbaron, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    Attachment 1739665Attachment 1739666more of a cutting fail. They know how to make my job easy
    That they would tell you to weld that is the real sin. Even with the tack welds, it will still pull. And if it doesn't pull(you get lucky), the locked in stress makes for a failure sometime down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried that... too far from the cities full of people that want them. I've had ads out before... get people showing up that want to fill their trunk with little stones. The guys that move 100 tonne at a time want nicely sorted piles that are sized with no dirt. Oddly enough, that's not how stonepiles in the field grow. If they see the 6 to 8 footers they turn tail and run. Anyway... sorry for taking the thread off topic... somebody better rip some welding apart...

In 2019 I did the dirt work for a 40'x40' garage. We found some rocks. The customer put a message on Facebook that they were giving away rocks. I sent out 7 tandem axle dump truck loads of rocks that were 3 to 6 foot in size. There was only one rock too big for the Deere 120 to lift. It earned a permanent home in the stone wall nearest the garage. 4 of the loads were picked up by a contractor in NH, probably nearly an hour drive each way. I can't believe it was worth their while. The rocks were round river rocks, not nice slabs of ledge that make good looking walls.

To keep the two topics together... A local quarry I buy aggregate from frequently just broke the boom on a Deere 300 excavator yanking on a rock the size of a tri axle dump truck. Not exactly a welding fail, but I'm sure it required a lot of welding to repair.
    Last edited by ArcTan; 05-20-2022 at 10:13 PM.
    Glen

Red-D-Arc EX300 (Miller XMT304)
    Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

5. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  E365BB97-FF7A-44CC-B624-5E4A8F430B64.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  123.5 KBback of a jeep. Pretty bad

7. Likes whtbaron, Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one wondering what the rest of the decal on the tailgate says?
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a high class China 120 volt welding

Dave

Name:  E365BB97-FF7A-44CC-B624-5E4A8F430B64.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  123.5 KBback of a jeep. Pretty bad

10. Likes motolife313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Looks like a high class China 120 volt welding

Dave
    No, that's operator error. I had a little Lincoln 125 with .030 fluxcore (NR211) that did a fine job on lighter steels 3/16" and under. Amazing how people that don't weld think that gobbing pigeon poop like that makes a weld.

12. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s what he meant. Welded in china

And I don’t think think those kinda folks you’re talking about no any better obviously lol

Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s what he meant. Welded in china

And I don’t think think those kinda folks you’re talking about no any better obviously lol
    Seriously, I once saw a repair on a 350 psi high pressure air line that looked more goobered than that Jeep bracket. Owner could not understand why it leaked so much air.

15. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I did get a Chinese fellow, wanted six boulders to "sit on". I asked if he was OK with where they are? Or did he have a special place in mind? In his version of English, he explained he wanted them along his driveway. I delivered. He "paid" me with a pottery coffee cup. WOW! (sarcasm).
    Something about Fung Shui, maybe.

To each their own. I don't judge. As long as he didn't as to have to pointy bit facing up on his sitting stones..

You shoulda gotten some free Karate lessons out of him, anyway.

Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ton of welding fail pics of this damn ramp I'm trying to modify...............but I'm too embarrassed to post them. Just horrible. (sigh)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    I have a ton of welding fail pics of this damn ramp I'm trying to modify...............but I'm too embarrassed to post them. Just horrible. (sigh)
    Create a new account and make fun of yourself when no one else knows.

19. Likes farmersammm, Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When saw it was welder error.
    But I put some of error Chinese welders thinking are need to buy a low cost 120volt welder makes you a pro.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    No, that's operator error. I had a little Lincoln 125 with .030 fluxcore (NR211) that did a fine job on lighter steels 3/16" and under. Amazing how people that don't weld think that gobbing pigeon poop like that makes a weld.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI
    I have own 120volt welder in pass and I can make good bead with the Chinese welder.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post

Post Thanks / Like

FYI
    I have own 120volt welder in pass and I can make good bead with the Chinese welder.

Dave
    Yeah but ... AC, flux core, and a voltage switch with just two positions: too high / way too high?

The HF 'MIG-100' and several similar versions before the present black ones, really weren't suitable to learn on.

I could do adequate farm work with my AC buzzbox but when I bought the MIG-100 thinking it would be more convenient ... it wasn't.

After I replaced that with a Century 130, 110v DC and still using flux core, I could finally do work that looked decent.

DC and an adjustable voltage knob, seem to be the minimum specs for a 110v wire welder to be a useful shop tool.
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

23. Likes Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When saw it was welder error.
    But I put some of error Chinese welders thinking are need to buy a low cost 120volt welder makes you a pro.

Dave
    Don't even know wtf any of that means

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    Create a new account and make fun of yourself when no one else knows.
    WOW exposing your new account that’s not so new. Bravo FarmerSamm!
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    WOW exposing your new account that’s not so new. Bravo FarmerSamm!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0r, did you mean &1FarmerSammmmm,,,, `~`

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Yeah but ... AC, flux core, and a voltage switch with just two positions: too high / way too high?

The HF 'MIG-100' and several similar versions before the present black ones, really weren't suitable to learn on.

The only thing worse is those little "70amp" stick welders that have a two position amperage switch. "way too low" and "Is it even turned on?"
    Airco Auto-Pak 130

Forney 235AC/DC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roert42 View Post
    The only thing worse is those little "70amp" stick welders that have a two position amperage switch. "way too low" and "Is it even turned on?"
    Actually if you set them up for scratch start tig they work pretty good for sheet-metal or small steel repairs.

I had the 90 amp version for a while and it was pretty convenient for on mobile quick fix.

120 V you can plug it in anywhere.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

29. Likes Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

**Walks over to Dialarc..... turns dial up for 5/32 rods..... turns dial down for 3/32 rods.** I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. It has a hook on top. I have a loader. It's a portable.
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

31. Likes jay gill, Mikel_24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Actually if you set them up for scratch start tig they work pretty good for sheet-metal or small steel repairs.

I had the 90 amp version for a while and it was pretty convenient for on mobile quick fix.

120 V you can plug it in anywhere.

I could see that.

You would have to drag the rod around a bit on the steel, like striking a match, to get it hot before you could start any welding. Using 1/16 6013. Once you got going it was ok, but a pita to restart.

Airco Auto-Pak 130

Forney 235AC/DC

Post Thanks / Like

I could get good weld with 120v but on hot it flip the breaker a lot.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post

I could do adequate farm work with my AC buzzbox but when I bought the MIG-100 thinking it would be more convenient ... it wasn't.

After I replaced that with a Century 130, 110v DC and still using flux core, I could finally do work that looked decent.

DC and an adjustable voltage knob, seem to be the minimum specs for a 110v wire welder to be a useful shop tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

**Walks over to Dialarc..... turns dial up for 5/32 rods..... turns dial down for 3/32 rods.** I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. It has a hook on top. I have a loader. It's a portable.
    I miss my Dialarc!
    Somebody once said "There is no substitute for cubic inches." The Dialarc is the electrical equivalent of many cubic inches. It has power! I used one machine better for stick than Dialarc, by the time I owned it it suffered greatly from weather, it never welded again.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

36. Likes whtbaron liked this post