Thread: Howdy from WY

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy from WY

I am a retired guy living in WY where I do some metal fab and repair work when I am of a mind to. Mostly do stick welding as it has always been my favorite welding process. I look forward to reading and seeing some welding projects here. Farm and ranch auctions are my main past time nowdays. Some great deals can be had at auctions. Found this place through my participation at the SFT forum.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Howdy from WY

Hi,Chris. Pop here.
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    What part of Wyoming? Sitting over here in Gillette myself. Auctions around here are designeed to bring in more money than what the tools could be sold for new. Do you have a line on any larger bench mount vises...U.S.A. variety swivel or non-swivel makes no difference? also, any punches/dies for a Whitney model 20 (20 ton manual) punch or Whitney/Roper/Whitney angle iron shear or rod parter?
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    21"Royersford Excelsior
    Two shops, still too many tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
    Found this place through my participation at the SFT forum.
    Hello milomilo and welcome to the forum! Does U know who know about this?
    She will now!

All joking aside, there are a lot of interesting things to learn here, and a bunch of members with amazing talent and knowledge.
    A few of my toys !
    LinuxMint
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    Hi,Chris. Pop here.
    Howdy. Looks to be a nice forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    Chris,
    What part of Wyoming? Sitting over here in Gillette myself. Auctions around here are designeed to bring in more money than what the tools could be sold for new. Do you have a line on any larger bench mount vises...U.S.A. variety swivel or non-swivel makes no difference? also, any punches/dies for a Whitney model 20 (20 ton manual) punch or Whitney/Roper/Whitney angle iron shear or rod parter?
    I am in Wheatland. Headed to an auction at our power plant today. I don't have any lines on Whitney stuff. I do know where a rebar cutter can be had. If this auction is like the last one there will be some deals to be had today. I expect there will be some vises, probably in the 5"-6" sizes. Lots of tool boxes today too.
    Quote Originally Posted by smawgmaw View Post
    Hello milomilo and welcome to the forum! Does U know who know about this?
    She will now!

All joking aside, there are a lot of interesting things to learn here, and a bunch of members with amazing talent and knowledge.
    Are you implying this whoring may put me in the corner???
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milomilo View Post

Are you implying this whoring may put me in the corner???
    nctox could use the company, he needs someone to play cards with. A word of advice, watch him close, he cheats!

Welcome to the site again! You will find a good bit of the stuff here interesting here also. Besides, a little whoring ever now and then never hurt nobody.
    A few of my toys !
    LinuxMint
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    If you come up with any older vises in decent shape...Chas. Parker, Athol, Wilton, Rock Island, Morgan, Columbian...in any other than homeowner sizing, Reed or Prentiss...in 4" wide jaws or larger, swivel or non-swivel pick it up for under a $100 and we can either do cash-in-hand transfer or trade goods. Condition of replaceable jaws aren't important in the least as long as they can be replaced...same with the vise handle, but please, no casting cracks. Trade goods might be the way to go, if I have anything you find valuable. For stick welding high tensile, I have a number of 50 lb. sealed cans of 9018 rod. Also have a few blacksmith leg vises laying about. Don't get down to Guernsey as often as I used to, but you are on the way to Ft. Collins & Denver.
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    21"Royersford Excelsior

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    If you come up with any older vises in decent shape...Chas. Parker, Athol, Wilton, Rock Island, Morgan, Columbian...in any other than homeowner sizing, Reed or Prentiss...in 4" wide jaws or larger, swivel or non-swivel pick it up for under a $100 and we can either do cash-in-hand transfer or trade goods. Condition of replaceable jaws aren't important in the least as long as they can be replaced...same with the vise handle, but please, no casting cracks. Trade goods might be the way to go, if I have anything you find valuable. For stick welding high tensile, I have a number of 50 lb. sealed cans of 9018 rod. Also have a few blacksmith leg vises laying about. Don't get down to Guernsey as often as I used to, but you are on the way to Ft. Collins & Denver.
    Barter is my game. I have some 9018, but the post leg vise is something I have been looking for. The chances of getting a Charles Parker for $100 is very remote. If I did I would no doubt keep it. The other brands are a possibility. Let me know next time your coming this way and we can chat awhile.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Neighbor next door has a Chas. Parker he picked up several years back for $75, but I imagine it was a 'friend' deal. Same guy I weaseled down from $25 to $15...or was it $10...shameful of me anyway... for a nearly new Victor Journeyman cutting torch and $30 a piece MAC air grinders, NIB, he had purchased with his tool allowance. Gave away a Wilton for a friend's shop warming out in Oregon when he came through from visiting his son down in Louisiana and now need to replace it before retirement.

If you're ever up this far, stop in as well...plenty of toys to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Miller 251
    Miller DialArc 250
    Bridgeport mill
    Hossfeld bender & dies
    Logan shaper
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe
    South Bend 9" 'C'
    Hypertherm 900
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    21"Royersford Excelsior

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Neighbor next door has a Chas. Parker he picked up several years back for $75, but I imagine it was a 'friend' deal. Same guy I weaseled down from $25 to $15...or was it $10...shameful of me anyway... for a nearly new Victor Journeyman cutting torch and $30 a piece MAC air grinders, NIB, he had purchased with his tool allowance. Gave away a Wilton for a friend's shop warming out in Oregon when he came through from visiting his son down in Louisiana and now need to replace it before retirement.

If you're ever up this far, stop in as well...plenty of toys to look at.
    I do get to Gillette on occasion. I might get scared going into a shop so clean though.
    Chris
    Auction Addict

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there!
    I'm new here)
    Hope I'll have warmest greetings
    and also find a lot of interesting and helpful info here!