+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HF Tools That Suck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HF Tools That Suck

U R the one crying to mama to find a Moderator so I don't spoil your day? Is that how U always solve your beefs, cry for mama? We don't whine here, u need to go over and play at Facebook with your tears. I'm in SW Az in case you'd like to discuss it with an old man in person?
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25
    Lincoln WeldanPower 225 AC/DC

If all else fails... buy more tools

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLion View Post
    I stand corrected, it is my error Pilot> Please feel free to add any and all tools you have found which HF sells that suck... U R right it is way too long a list for me to interupt with WHY they suck, or the repercussions on your generation for buying piles of useless crap, or even suggest to you actions which might redeem this lunacy. Let's sort those tools out one by one until we get the good stuff from the bad. You will need a lot of room here>>>this is the list of tools that suck.
    Yeh you went and got all three dimensional on us here .....
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago, around 1960 I think Nikita Kruschev said

"About the capitalist states, it doesn't depend on you whether or not we exist. If you don't like us. don't accept our invitations, and don't invite us to come to see you. Whether you like it or not. history is on our side. We will bury you!"

They should have let him finish the speech I always figured he would have added "We will bury you in piles of cheap crap from China."

Sandy> how nice 3 dimensional huh? go figure...

I need to go take a swim now, cool off, and start the BBQ, kids are due in an hour
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gas View Post
    Black rubber air compressor hose 50' 3/8" failed in less than one year.
    the orange 1/4" hose , has been going strong in my shop for last 2-3 years........

isnt tha black hose ur talking bout made by goodyear ? hmmm

PapaLions usually a pretty cool guy , maybe he just feels like beating someone up a little.
    thermal arc 252i - millermatic 350P - miller XMT, cp300ts, 30a 22a feeders, buttload of other millers, handfull of lincolns, couple of esabs - Hypertherm 1250 G3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gas View Post
    Black rubber air compressor hose 50' 3/8" failed in less than one year.
    Blue hose lasted about a week.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

An hour ago I threw two of those HF grinding discs in the trash. The ones family members buy you as gifts and you stuff in a drawer till you stumble across them one day. Neither were of the reinforced type so I had my reservations about using them to start with. That didn't end up being a problem. The one I tried was an exercise in turning metal blue and a few sparks. Must have been an everlast disc. Glazed over and would barely cut metal. A wooden block would moved as much metal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLion View Post
    ........Sandy> how nice 3 dimensional huh? go figure... ........
    Yeh you were getting too deep for some (deeper than the color and com-code) & getting way too close to some core issues that just might ruin the quest for that top notch tool from china that is still priced cheaper than dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I see this site has more than one "internet tough guy".

I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread. I promise that this will be my last reply regardless of the inevitable attack posts by these simpletons.

Courtesy and staying on topic appear to be beyond the ability of these poor souls. They bluster and ramble about their chosen agenda. Somehow it must make them feel important and knowledgeable. Surely their pet topic is important enough to plaster over any thread they feel fits their window of opportunity.

I've seen them all over so it comes as no surprise. I find them rather pathetic and feel sorry for them which makes it difficult to follow the threads they hijack. Like coming across a car wreck, it's hard to not look even though you know it will make you feel bad for those involved.

Again, my condolences PapaLion and the others of that ilk.
    Last edited by PilotAlso; 06-21-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Chicago Electric battery charger, the small one, not the roll around unit. That thing couldn't jump rope, never mind jump a car.

Post Thanks / Like

I had completely forgot about my cordless drill experience.
    Sorry I don't have the com code, it was the blue and black one.
    It had plenty of power I know for sure because the drill/gear case spit out right away. Duct taped that back to provide enough retainage to keep the gears from slipping and popping and that repair job lasted untill the battery pack went dead. That was about six months or less. ..
    It's in the trash now too.

Post Thanks / Like

" We got a notice last week of several vehicles with burned electrical harnesses that came in for diagnosis. The engine harnesses were torched. The culprit was in the fuse box. At some time somebody had replaced the original blade type ATC fuse with a Harbor Freight blade fuse of the same color. The fuse didn't "pop" at the rated amperage. It in fact didn't "pop" at all even when a direct short to the battery was made.

The 15 AMP rated fuse went over 50 amps when the plastic melted.

The fuse had no white paint on the top indicating the amperage. I was only molded in and color matched to the rating."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

' Harbor Freight claw hammer, made from real recycled steel!"
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"I shattered each and every deep well impact socket I used from the cheap set I bought at HF. I took the first set back and shattered the very first socket I used in the replacement set. In my book that is enough proof that not only are the deep well impact sockets from HF junk,"

ad nauseum
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"But, I can tell you that a $1 paint brush isn't worth anything to me when all the bristles come out and end up in my paint"
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"HF floor mount metal bender that looks to be a neat way to do some decorative iron work, if I figure out how to use it. The manual is essentially worthless. OK so I haven't spent over a couple hours messing with it due to frustration with the manual"
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"I bought one of those HF $80 pressurized grit blasters (40 lb capacity). Tried it with HF's walnut shell grit and glass beads. Not very reliable. Lotsa time spent removing clogs"
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"HF log splitter in my shop for repairs. The valve went bad. This thing is junk. While replacing the valve, I noticed that they use a pipe nipple to mount the valve to the cylinder. The pipe nipple they use is not even rated for the hydraulic system pressure. Lawsuit waiting to happen. There is no filter on it at all. It has a 9 gpm pump and a 2 gallon tank. OMG. They use a cheap tie-rod cylinder and the hoses on the machine were -8, pressure, and return. Suction was this cheapie -12 fish tank hose. Buyer beware."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"HF 30 ton splitter- they make a point that the tires are DOT approved for highway use. Then when you get the splitter there is a huge sticker on it saying not to tow it on the highway"
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"$1.99 HF multimeter, quality components from many exotic locations"

"I'm sure you can find a winner on some things just like I'm sure that somebody will find a winning lottery ticket in the PowerBall lottery. After being burned so many times on relatively inexpensive things, there's no way I'm going to gamble any big money at HF."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"Item: Irrigation Drip Kit "

Anyone who thinks the Chinese have no sense of humor will be convinced otherwise after trying to make this kit work. I can envision them rolling on the floor laughing as they imagine the crazy Americans trying to fix the leaking fittings, getting squirted at one junction and puzzling over by no water is coming out of another."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"their much simpler 'cutoff saw adapter' to mount an angle grinder in was total junk."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"Bought a "10 GAUGE 6-IN-1 AIR FRAMING NAILER" that claims "Contact trip trigger works either way"

This would lead me to believe you could hold down the trigger and bump the head to speed nailing plywood.....IT DOES NOT WORK on this unit, only one shot at a time and you must release the trigger for each shot."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"I bought HF's 90 amp flux-wire welder (#94056) and couldn't make it do anything useful. I took it back. Then I noticed Ebay had dozens of them being unloaded by some liquidator representing HF. Apparently most of them were returned!"

Answer> How do they get rid of the stuff U bring back?
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

"I want to reconsider my previous approval of the drip irrigation system. It was interesting to play with, and get some ideas, but people would be better off putting parts together from Lowes."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

Post Thanks / Like

re: .. "100 Mig . I just retired it. It worked ok, on light stuff. I had feeding problems from time to time. Replacement tips are the same as Lincoln and can be found at HD. Keep the cable straight and it feeds much better. Recently mine stopped pushing the wire through. The line is ok just spins. I have the spring adjustment maxes out and actually a little more (if you have one you know what I'm doing).

The bad parts about is the wire is always HOT. Touch the wire to the work without pulling the trigger and she sparks. ALso the wire tube is plastic. Don't let anything fall on it. And the cable that holds the wire tube and other 2 wires is thin rubber. It won't take any heat, it'll melt like butter."
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist