+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Benders

Post Thanks / Like

Benders

Has anyone used or have any personal knowledge of the Ercolina or the Rmd line of benders? I've been looking at the manufactures sites and they look like heavy duty commericial units but I'd like to hear from someone that has used one.
    http://www.ercolina-usa.com/
    http://www.americasprideonline.com/p...model_150.html
    David
    David

morpheus Guest
    I haven't used one personally but I know a guy that has the ercolina top bender: http://www.ercolina-usa.com/topbender.htm

and he just swears by it. it's big bucks .... I was watching tv the other night and the metal fab part of the Teutel's outfit used an Ercolina top bender to bend some tube for the handle bars on one bike.

just as a point of reference he used and still has a JD2 model 3 for years .... he still uses it some but the Ercolina is so much faster he says.

- jack
    Last edited by morpheus; 01-22-2004 at 04:53 PM.

fla jim Guest
    Jack Welcome over here with the "Refugee's"
    You need to install your avatar. I look forward to "The King of Propane"
    I've been reading over on the "Dark Side", But it will take a while for the bad taste to go away. Even though She who must be obeyed says I don't have any taste
    Hows the Better half, and the prospective Weldor(ette)?

morpheus Guest
    hey Jim !

I just got my tribute to the master of Propane and Propane accesories installed

Wife is good, still undetermined about the gendor of the weldor at this point.

Yeah, I still don't even know what to say about what went on over at the other place. I've tried a few times to try and contact Rock with no luck ...

- jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Jack and glad you dropped by. I was just disgusted with how Miller/Hobart does business on the other site and haven't got over it yet. I checked by a few times but no more posts since the "Where's ROCK" post. I'd like to find ROCK's phone number. Anyone know his real name and city and state where he lives. We could do a little investigating. As far as the bender goes ,I've got a little idea for a little commercial product ,that to go into production would probably take an automated one. I need to make a one to test first. Maybe bluesman2 would bend me a little something up in Atlanta. David
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jack did you get the updated ultrasound yet? I still got friends at GE Imaging, and I'm cultivating one at Kodak's digital imaging division.
    Appreciation Gains You Recognition-

morpheus Guest
    what diameter is what you want bent echo ? pipe or tube ?

franz, the wife goes for another checkup late next week, she's gonna try and talk them into a quick ultrasound since the last one was inconclusive

- jack

Post Thanks / Like
    I needed to bend some 1-1/2 square tubing, 90 degrees. I can cut a 45 on it for a prototype but to make enough to sell I would need a machine with the capabilities to do it on a larger scale.Thanks ,David

THE QUEST FOR ROCK
    David

Junk Guest
    Hey Morpheus, on the bun in the oven - congratulations. I only have one, at at just over 2 he is at times a challenge, but it's the best darn thing that's ever happened to me. Congrats.

morpheus Guest
    thanks Junk !

- jack

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist