+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Welding-related Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My rigs a little old... that don't mean she's slow! - Old welding rig pics

Quote Originally Posted by Helrzr1 View Post
    WOW! its hard to believe what some folks will haul in for 'scrap'! I wish I had that old COE truck cab!!! It would look really nice beside all my other projects!!
    How about some pic's of your current projects?
    Here's a couple of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Welding-related Pictures

M-37? .... Looks pretty clean, mines a '63 but no power brake booster...but it does have the fender mounted heater with defroster though.

The power brake booster threw me... I've got a '68 WM300 1 ton that has dual boosters....(last year of the flat fenders and only year with the stock power brake boosters).

Wish I had time and a place to rebuild mine..... too many toys collected over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a 53' not a total rebuild, just a depot rebuild. Doing the gas tank, the rear cross member was twisted in the center, where the pintal would be, the gusetts were welded to the cross member.
    The booster is a re-man caddy that I found local, going w/front disks, she will be sorta slow, and stop on a dime!
    Is your WM 300 the cream green one that shows up here & there?
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

HaHaHa...Don't think so...It's an orange cab & chassis and it's still in the wanta-be a project stage...

I went lookin' for some parts for the M-37 years ago and came back with the WM300...a WC from 1941 and a 1935 International truck...the owner started showing them to me in the weeds behind the barn (2 miles from my farm) He quoted a price for each one...and I said I'd take 'em...he said which one...I said all of 'em...he was tickled but almost fell out.

I knew I'd never find such an assortment 2 miles away again...... I sold the WC and the International last year,even though they were the ones I wanted to keep.

When you start liquidating toys...you put them all up and what goes just goes. I've still got the other two & 3-4 different Jeeps,a Terra-jet,a Hustler 6x6, a 3 wheeled scooter, a jet ski so old it takes an outboard motor.... I haven't got the nerve yet to hang an outboard on it to see what it's like,but it's pretty cool.

I collected so many parts working on the M-37...I don't think It could haul them all in the bed... then I got sidetracked trying to make a living and it's been setting for a few years as an unfinished project. I really ought to liquidate everything that goes with it as well as the truck itself....so someone with more time,money and desire could have a toy. I've probably spent over $3500 since I got it,but I've even a got spare driveline with it. Not a lot of bucks tied up,just a lot of stuff in the way actually.

If I croak...someones gona have fits figuring out where it all goes...LOL!!

Good Luck with yours...It looks pretty sound for that early a year model.

Post Thanks / Like

Anvil Chorus: 1905

Post Thanks / Like

That steam hammer picture was cool, when I started work at The Steel Company of Canada in Hamilton, they had a blacksmith shop with a very similar Hammer it was still in use as late as 1999 and made many large jobs, Crane hooks and Grade-All points mostly but I know it was at least 1999
    because we used to kid the black-smiths about them and their Steam Hammer being Y2K compliant.

Our Boiler Repair shop had what I would guess had to be a very old welding machine it had an expanded metal cage 7' tall all around it and the armature was approx. 12' end to end they would start it up once a year for the new welding apprentices to see and HEAR you couldn' stand anywhere near it without ear plugs and muffs.
    Last edited by ol' Stick Guy; 05-25-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

P&H HANSEN SMOOTHARC
    Some good while ago, a fellow was warned to clear his yard so he headed to the dump but stopped at the LWS and where his 'trash' was appreciated and off-loaded. A dozen or more years ago, it ended up in my yard but when I finally looked at the engine, a Wisconsin V-4, it was rusted beyond hope. I pulled the engine apart, cut the trailer down to a flat bed, and set the 'generator' section on it again. Eventually I pulled the side plates and cleaned some garbage out, tried to find some information about it with little success, and now it waits again to be refurbished. The nameplate picture is a bit out of focus, but will do for now.

Post Thanks / Like

What a brute looking welder, how much does what's left weigh? That looks like a lot of copper wire wrapped up in there!
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

My addition to the thread. New with this link stuff. hope it works.
    http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides...turing_Process

Post Thanks / Like

Thats has got to be the largest machine shop in the world. I have seen big stuff being made, but thoses engine parts are mind blowing. Its a shame, but all those old school machinest are probably long gone by now. All replaced with button pushing cnc programmers.
    Lincoln
    300 Vantage 2008
    300 Commander 1999
    SA250 1999
    SA200 1968

Miller
    Syncrowave 200
    XMT350MPA/S-52E/xr-15
    Xtreme 12vs
    Millermatic 251 w/30A
    Millermatic 251
    Dialarc 250

Hypertherm 1250
    GEKA & Bantom Ironwokers

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Island: 1943

Blue Island: 1943

April 1943. Blue Island, Illinois. "John Kelseh, blacksmith, at his forge in the blacksmith shop at the roundhouse, Rock Island R.R." 4x5 Kodachrome transparency by Jack Delano for the Office of War Information.
    Last edited by Oldiron2; 07-23-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a GREAT Pic!
    That anvil looks like it has been working hard for quite a while........wish I could find one like it? I have missed a few, broke down and bought a new, not the same, no patina, doesn't sing like she should!
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Varmint Al's Tribute to His Dad.
    http://www.varmintal.com/apopt.htm
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Thats some neat stuff right there!!!! I wish he would of posted more pictures of that 4wd welding truck

Post Thanks / Like

Found this at http://americanhistory.si.edu/onthew...ition/6_2.html

Electric welders at Hog Island, about 1918

Post Thanks / Like

That old truck reminds me of a picture that used to be of my grandfathers shop when they lived in Greenwood MS. After my randfather came back from WW2 where he was a motor pool mechanic in India he married my grandma. They had a shop that was well really an old allyway between two buildings wit a roof on top of it and a fron wall. The back wall was a canvas. I saw this old pic of them an their welding roadster. They had an old 34 chevy I think with the top cut off. it was a wreck they took in, In the rumble seat was a torch rack and a trailer behind made from an old model A Ford was an old Lincoln welder head hooked to the back of the motor. The Fords hood and lights were intact covering the motor. The picture got lost when the other family was sorting pics after his passin. I remeber to picture well I still have the belt driven Governor that hokked to the Model A motor He showed it to me in the pic and gave it and the old bell housing to me.
    Then there is the old Hawwaian man here by the name of Mossaharu Sheroma.Mossa for short. Hes a character, he ran an old M37 dodge I thin was the model from the time I was a baby till about 10 years ago. He had a late model motor in it and i think the trans was late model to. He had it set up with an A frame and the biggest feature of it was the upright bottle rack made from an ald round top freezer with the doors off. Looked factory lol. He used to do most of the onsite welding for loggers because he didnt care to get his rig skint up. One evening I when I was 19 I was hauling my brothers grader down the highway and in the east bound lanes we saw a large 80 model IHC power company 2 ton with 4x4 comming at us. This thing had a a hydraulic telescopic boom, Auger head, and winches. My brother looked at me and said Mossa would have a fit over that. When it got closer we saw it had something in tow. Then we saw the little fella driving it was Mossa settin up there just a grinnin pulling the old truck behind him on a tow bar.
    Its funny how tall it is he can nearly walk under it.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres one I found, Not that old but sure looks like a classic to me!

Post Thanks / Like

This one sure is old...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jreynoldswelding View Post
    Heres one I found, Not that old but sure looks like a classic to me!
    Hey jreynolds, Is this from our neighborhood?
    I'm just outside of Richmond, off of Huguenot Rd.

Feliz Navadad,
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

That guy sure liked Jeeps, do you know if they are they still around?
    Thanks For Sharing,
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Nope not from around here. I just found it off the web. Wow your pretty close to me I live off courthouse and hull st.

Post Thanks / Like

Not far at all, is your shop at home or are you mobile?
    Bruce
    The Welding Chef
    Lincoln Weld-Pack 3200
    NORWELD Stick
    Stanford Hill Farm

Post Thanks / Like

99% Mobile unless I feel like pissing off the neighbors that morning . Guess I will see you around the forum bruce.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

these old pictures are nice and good indeed however the change of instrument is also done over there ..... i also have got collection of these kinda old pictures .....

Post Thanks / Like

Stick It
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist