+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CNC Plasma decision

Post Thanks / Like

CNC Plasma decision

I have managed to narrow my choices down to 2. They are LDR Motion Systems and Arclight Dynamics. Both are 4x8 machines with PM65 cutter. The Arclight machine is approx. $14,300.00 delivered and the LDR table is approx. $13,300.00. What would be your choice, and why?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CNC Plasma decision

Torchmate or plasmacam.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Esab ET220i
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    Tormach 770, Tormach xstech
    Carbide3d Nomad3
    Sherline 4400 CNC Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Gamble those manufactures aren't options. The Torchmate does not offer a turnkey system with a water table in that price range, and PlasmaCam hasn't impressed me with their customer service. They acted like I was inconveniencing them for a quote and questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you had any experience with any CBC tables?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    *CNC tables

Post Thanks / Like

No, just curious why you would ask that?

Post Thanks / Like

try http://trucutcnc.com/ they make some nice looking tables and right in that range, and I believe they are fairly close to you.

http://www.victoryplasma.com/ is in Owensboro, Ky, about 3ish hours from St.Louis. I've never priced one of their machines, I hear they are pretty expensive though..
    Last edited by brucer; 03-13-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the research phase but I'm looking for just a gantry kit to mount on my own table; seems like the cheaper route to go. I talked to several companies on the phone and was most impressed with Ross (owner) at Trucut CNC. If I were to bite the proverbial bullet today I'd buy his solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Brucer. Victory Plasma is out of my price range. I have looked at the Trucut CNC, but I'm concerned about the chain drive. They seem to be the only one to use that, and I'm not sure why they strayed from the norm of linear guide rails or v-rollers. Any info on why they chose the chain system would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ask that because some are more industrial and some are more for fabricators. Plasmacam is extremely easy to use and manipulate, getting you the most money out of your material and time with parts for particular jobs. Others are meant to run all day long making production parts. Ive owned a plasmacam table for 4 years, and you are right about their customer service. At a shop I weld at I run a Baileigh 5x10. Both are run with Thermal Dynamic A120 cutters. Plasmacam tables are a little cheap looking and seem kind of entry level, but they hang with all the others in part production quality and I have never had a issue with thousands of hours on it.

Post Thanks / Like

But Plasmacam doesn't offer a 4x8 table. I want to be able to put full sheets on the table and not have to index longer projects. That's basically why I listed the LDR and Arclight. They both offer what I want at a decent price. I am a one man, part time shop, and don't have the time to build a table myself.
    Last edited by Sparky0908; 03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they make the Sampson in a 4x8 with a water table and turnkey?

Post Thanks / Like

Sparky0908-
    I help a friend in his FAB shop and we have a 5x10 Sampson (made by plasmacam), it is a great machine I have been learning on it in the past couple months, it has a learning curve but I think it is alot easier than other machines. I have always been partial to PlasmaCam not sure why (could be due to the blue matching my welding machines!!) But I just pulled the trigger on a 4x4 table for my shop. The reason for the 4X4 at my shop is space and I dont feel I am ready to dedicate that much space to a 4x8 or 5x10 machine. I talked to Brian at PlasmaCam and had a really good experiance with getting a quote and having all my questions answered. The 4X4 table IS expandable to 4X8 and I thought the price was fairly resonable to expand it. about $1500 or so for the parts and software upgrade. Plus right now (till the 22nd of March) they are offering a free cutter with the 4X4 machine, I didnt want the cutter and they gave me a $1460 credit towards the price. So I put a $500 refundable deposit down and the price is locked in till July 31st. I am not going to be ready to get the machine until July and this is what they setup for me. I read on forums where a lot of people hate PlasmaCam and say how bad the service is and how they cant get there machines to cut well. But for every one person that says they hate PlasmaCam I have read two reviews about how they are the best machines. Even though I have limited experience with using their products, I am convinced they are a great buy for the price and I feel that the tables are very good quality. Sorry for the long post just wanted to share my experiance with them.
    Good Luck
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Mick, I am set on a 4x8 water table. Getting back on track here, is there anyone familiar with the two tables I have narrowed it down to (LDR and Arclight)? If so, why did you choose that particular table, and how has your experience been with them?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear more about the Arclight...

Anyone used one?

J.E.

Post Thanks / Like

JE, look at the LDR Motion Systems table and see what you think. I really like the water bladder system so you can vary the depth of the water, but then I like the looks and the attached computer cabinet of the Arclight. The LRD is about $1,000 less for the same basic machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are worried about indexing material you have to look at the particular table you are buying. The Baileigh 5x10 that I run every day has a 5x10 table that will hold a sheet that size or even later. But the torch offset to the gantry does not allow you to cut about the last 20" of the y axis, thus still having to index a 10' piece of material. A 5x10 is ideal for 4x 8 material

Post Thanks / Like

The cabinet for the computer is a nice feature, so is the break away mount. So I would lean towards the arclight with those two choices.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way I do not own either of these two machines, just merely speculating.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at the EZ Cut. They came recommended to me
    ---No good deed goes unpunished---

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look, but the website said a lot about the company, the LDR is not something I would consider. Looks like a nice little company.The LDR looks great for a home use and the support they would give.

Their website doesn't mention what software they use, which is the most important item of the package.

They use stepper motors, I prefer servos for plasma.

J.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky0908 View Post
    JE, look at the LDR Motion Systems table and see what you think. I really like the water bladder system so you can vary the depth of the water, but then I like the looks and the attached computer cabinet of the Arclight. The LRD is about $1,000 less for the same basic machine.

Post Thanks / Like

breakaway mount...... www.snapnCut.com

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Junction, Both LDR and Arclight use SheetCAM and Mach3 software. Both use the Dragoncut system from CandCNC.com, so on that part, both systems are the exact same. It mostly boils down to the differences in the table and support. I have talked to several references from both companies and everyone had rave reviews of each.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any dealings with TruCut? I would like feedback on this machine as they are within driving distance of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Crap...After talking with Ross at TruCut CNC I was very impressed with what he was telling me about his system. I was skeptical of the roller chain, but what he said made sense. Does anyone have any input about the TruCut system? The nice thing is they are in Nashville, about 4 hours from me, and for what everyone else is charging for shipping I can get them to deliver the machine personally and include a full days training on the machine in my shop!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist