+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see the welding rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's see the welding rigs

This is the truck I bought for $600.00.. I had the lettering done here in Mexico, it cost me about $50.00 here.. Not a bad deal!

Still trying to get it all set up.. I think that never ends..

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Miller 252
    Miller 250
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Esab Plasma Powercut 1250
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up with the black Miller?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking about mine?? It's not black it's silver.. It has the SS package.. Thats how it was when I bought it..
    Miller 252
    Miller 250
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Flux, it looks black...But I have heard about the SS option, just never seen it. That's cool.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Flux, where are you in Mexico??? Getting a little off topic here, how's all the recent violence affecting you??? Guy that rents the house from me in back, he's had four brothers killed, in just the last couple years. I have no idea if they were involved in the trade or not,,,,, but more and more, there seems to be a lot of "collateral" damage being done, just among the local populance.

And oh, yeah, I ain't naive,,,,, odds are, they were involved somehow in the trade,,,,,, too much of a coincidence.
    Last edited by mark8310; 03-05-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark8310 View Post
    Flux, where are you in Mexico??? Getting a little off topic here, how's all the recent violence affecting you??? Guy that rents the house from me in back, he's had four brothers killed, in just the last couple years. I have no idea if they were involved in the trade or not,,,,, but more and more, there seems to be a lot of "collateral" damage being done, just among the local populance.

And oh, yeah, I ain't naive,,,,, odds are, they were involved somehow in the trade,,,,,, too much of a coincidence.

I won't sugar coat it, there is violence.. But where I live and do most of my work is pretty cailm.. I live in Tijuana, actually it's called "Playas de Tijuana" wich means the beaches of Tijuana.. But don't get me wrong there is still vionlence here, just about 3 months ago a cop was killed in a big shoot out just down the street from my shop!! That was some scary $hit hearing the automatic wepons unloading like crazy!! But that is not normall for these parts.. The best thing about this part of town is there is only one way in and one way out.. So it is super risky for a crime like that to happen with out getting cought.. Plus there is a Milarty check point coming in to Playas..

I don't get involved with anything but my work and my family.. I have alot of friends all over here, both locals and Americans that live here as well..

The main reasons I live here is my Wife donesn't have papers yet to cross, the cost of living in San Diego is out of this word! Ask Desert Rider, he'll back me on that one!! I use to have my shop in San Diego, but my rent was $3000.00 a month for only 1800 square feet!! I have the same size here and I pay $300.00.. Big difference! But there are down sides to working here, it's not all life on the beach... I still have a good customer base in San Diego that still come down here for me to do work.. I don't cross my work truck to San Diego beacause when I come back I get a hassel about paying import fees for my machines..
    Miller 252
    Miller 250
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    What's up with the black Miller?
    I've never seen one of these either, until stumbling across the ad on Craigs List today.

Post Thanks / Like

That's sacrilage...Miller posing as a Lincoln...
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking rig Flux... I'll have to run across from Saltillo to see it in person sometime...

Oh and as long as you stay out of Monterrey things are pretty calm around here too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I don't think it's to bad for the price I got it for.. Including the fact the freakin' starter took a $hit today, but 30.00 and I was back on the road!

Jason
    Miller 252
    Miller 250
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

Post Thanks / Like

here is a few she is old but still works

Post Thanks / Like

Here's two company owned set-ups from a past job. They do mainly shop work, but in this case we had to weld lugs onto vessel saddles and a traincar deck for shipping. (50 ton's of vessel held too a flat deck traincar by 8 chained lugs!) The big blue machine is a rental.

Three traincars, three vessels and a coffee cup!
    Last edited by mb_welder; 03-05-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry had trouble loading the pics here she is the oldie but goodie

Post Thanks / Like

Man....! That's not a welding rig...That's a house.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FluxThis View Post
    I won't sugar coat it, there is violence.. But where I live and do most of my work is pretty cailm.. I live in Tijuana, actually it's called "Playas de Tijuana" wich means the beaches of Tijuana.. But don't get me wrong there is still vionlence here, just about 3 months ago a cop was killed in a big shoot out just down the street from my shop!! That was some scary $hit hearing the automatic wepons unloading like crazy!! But that is not normall for these parts.. The best thing about this part of town is there is only one way in and one way out.. So it is super risky for a crime like that to happen with out getting cought.. Plus there is a Milarty check point coming in to Playas..

I don't get involved with anything but my work and my family.. I have alot of friends all over here, both locals and Americans that live here as well..

The main reasons I live here is my Wife donesn't have papers yet to cross, the cost of living in San Diego is out of this word! Ask Desert Rider, he'll back me on that one!! I use to have my shop in San Diego, but my rent was $3000.00 a month for only 1800 square feet!! I have the same size here and I pay $300.00.. Big difference! But there are down sides to working here, it's not all life on the beach... I still have a good customer base in San Diego that still come down here for me to do work.. I don't cross my work truck to San Diego beacause when I come back I get a hassel about paying import fees for my machines..
    Been hearing some bad things about the drug wars down there and all. Hope you can keep your head above the water.

The new truck looks good. Something about a foreign language makes the lettering on the truck seem pretty cool. Makes me think of warm beaches.

Keep your head low, and in one piece.

My ex wife, and her parents, gave me a taste of what life could like be down there.

Seems like a lot of people live on the razors edge unless their wealthy.

Be careful, and take care. Neighbors go a long way in protecting good folks. Imagine you've experienced that.
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Gizzard:
    Was your truck??...Still got the SA 200 I see. My SA 200 is red too....Wonder if they are twins?

I was looking at an older ford like that with 4wd and 6.9 liter diesel to work out of. Glad to know the welder will fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRider33 View Post
    Gizzard Guts, I like those cord roll-up holders on the left side of your truck, very convenient. Of course I always like old Fords too...
    Thanks for the flowers!

This was a truck I put together in the mid '80's. Someone had taken the 460 out if the truck and replaced it with a 351, I later learned from the #'s. It had virtually NO power, but it is overloaded. What you can't see is the quantity of tools and the oxygen bottles (on a slant). I threw this truck together to work on water systems in the Guadalupe Mountains of NM. This welder is '76, the one I have now is a '73. The welding system worked out well, but the truck actually had to climb the dirt roads up to the holding tanks in the mountains in REVERSE. Not enough power to climb in forward. Auto tranny, big mistake! I sold the truck and welder, probably about 2 yrs after these pics were taken. I painted the welder red to match the Ford closer, it needed a paint job and the grays available weren't to my liking...so red it is. The exciter cap had to be shortened in order to fit in the bed of the truck. The fit is much better in Ford than Chevy for the SA 200. In the older trucks, anyway.
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

Post Thanks / Like

Since I started this thread, I guess I should post my truck. I was thinking I may wash it first, but that didn't seem to happen. My dad and I built this bed. The only
    thing I had done was getting the doors broke, the paint, and the torch real is store bought.

Last edited by Jason's Welding; 03-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.
    "I'd rather be careful a hundred times as killed once"

Post Thanks / Like

emwelding thats a sweet rig whats the cab look like inside? you take a nap in there at lunch and watch trick my truck? LOL just messing with you. But that would be a cool break area.
    It's not what you can buy, it's what you can build that matters

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set-up J Hall. I gotta get me some of them Miller Killer stickers

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I like all of your guys trucks. Making me jealous. lol Hey JHall, is that the bed you had on the other ford? And do you think you could maybe open up some of the doors and let us take a look inside??lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it was on the other Ford, and a Chevy before that.

Post Thanks / Like

HYTEKREDNECK, Thanks, ya if i want to i can through a little party in there. just a big sleeper with a microwave and t.v. and a bunch of cabinents. buddy of mine had it and he knew i was looking for a truck. he pulled show cars with it and it just didnt have enough balls for him.show he came to my shop and asked me if i wanted it,i said how much,he said 3,500 and i said give me a ride to the bank.best 3,500 bucks i ever spent that was almost 3 years ago and i have had no problems with it, little 453t detriot runs like a champ. still got alot of work to do to the back,hose racks ,etc. by the way sweet blazer if you get to florida i know a couple of good mud holes,lol, muddigras was great this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FluxThis View Post

Unfortunately its a different story here in El Paso! Its right across the river from Juarez and the Violence is insane on that side of the border! Everyday on the local news you hear about a killing in Juarez which is sad. Just this year there are around 1800ish killings with the cartel. Last year alone there was right around 6000 killings that they know about, thats not counting the ones that are buried and unfound! I just Pray to God that this crap doesn't spill over.

Here is a recent Link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/wo...arez.html?_r=1

Hey man keep your head down and god bless you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist