3 2.42%
  • Other

12 9.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who makes the #1 welding machines/ equipment

Post Thanks / Like

Re: who makes the #1 welding machines/ equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I applied at LJ several years ago. They are 10 minutes from my house and have been expanding at record pace. Nice group of guys and smart engineers. I think if I would have pursued it a little more I would have been hired. I got a tour of their shop and talked with a few of the guys. They seemed to be a high production shop and expected you to work overtime and weekends when required. I wasn't sure if that's what I really wanted at the time. I'd been looking into the welding supply end of things for awhile. Welding takes a toll on the body when you've been doing it for quite a few years.

LJ made a portable automated circle cutter (circle radiagraph) that is commonly used to cut holes for nozzles in vessels but I don't think still offer it. Maybe special order??One person could pick it up and set it up.
    I've found that no matter what the occupation is, it carries some form of ergonomic issue.
    IMPEACH BIDEN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD HELP AMERICA!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Re: who makes the #1 welding machines/ equipment

For sure! I think the fact I worked as a welder for years and always did a lot of physical stuff is a big reason my Dr. is impressed with my progress and said I was the 1st one he's ever heard of running a skid steer while getting chemo. I get tired easily and achy but I think I'd be way worse off if I had sat a desk for almost 40 years. I over did last Sunday though but it was a very long day I wasn't expecting. Long hot weekend this week that I'll pass myself a lot better and put the AC in my 5th wheel on so I can cool off every hour or so.

3. Likes ttoks liked this post