+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger 250 question

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger 250 question

I'm looking at a ranger 250 haven't seen it in person yet cause its a little bit of a ride from me ,but he's asking 1000 it has 2145 hours on it and guy said it needs a battery and on off switch and it does not come with leads what is the average life expectancy of one of these machines and is worth the money? Mainly will be used as a power source and I would like to get a suit case mig for it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranger 250 question

your taking a big chance, you have no way of knowing what maintenance has been performed on ths welder, 2000 hours on a welder means it has been used, I would also look at the travel expense and the items it needs to bring it on line, just be careful I repair these welders for matheson tri gas, always have men coming in with welders they bought for almost nothing at the auction, or from a friend of a friend, some turn out to be good deals, some go the other way, I don't like to see people taken advantage of, once you buy it, it is yours problems and all.................

Post Thanks / Like

2k+ hours is quite a bit of run time on a 250.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02f250 View Post
    I'm looking at a ranger 250 haven't seen it in person yet cause its a little bit of a ride from me ,but he's asking 1000 it has 2145 hours on it and guy said it needs a battery and on off switch and it does not come with leads what is the average life expectancy of one of these machines and is worth the money? Mainly will be used as a power source and I would like to get a suit case mig for it
    Be careful! I own a Ranger 250. Gasoline powered. The main board went on it a year ago. Cost me over $600 to get it fixed. Be sure you can test it to the max. Weld test it above 200 amps. test the ac side. Put a power load on like a couple of 2500 watt heaters. Or try starting a compressor with it. It has a 9kw power source. So it should handle starting motors.
    Embrace theTea Party movement. Congress! Restore, Honor, and abide by the Constitution of the United States of America.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist