+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Esab

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esab

Hello to all of you. I just acquired a ESAB 253 migmaster. I saw the date 2005 somewhere on it and assume it is that vintage. The seller told me that is similar to the 250 but has a lower duty cycle. I have a Lincoln Mig Pak 10 and know very little about the ESAB. Google does not get me much info on the 253. I plan on restoring a cj7 and will be doing a lot of sheet metal work. The Mig Pak 10 is Flux core with 9mm wire and blows holes in tin quite easily. I was hoping that the ESAB with 25/75 gas and .023 wire would be better to learn on. Could someone kindly tell me a little about the ESAB 253 or point me in the right direction. THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling the low end will be a little hot sometimes. Just from running a 173/203 machine. I think I would have to get one pretty cheap, because it really is not anything close to the quality of the MM-250.. I personalty would look for a Migmaster 250 for bodywork or heavy plate..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Be careful when removing the cover on the power cut 1600. There is a screen glued to the inside of the cover. They do come loose. I have had to glue them back on.
    Just don't try to power them up with out air connected or consumables removed from the torch. They will display an error 13 and the older units will lock up. You have to remove the cover and switch a switch on the power pcb on power up unit wait a minute then turn off. set switch back and put cover back on. The current made machines they fixed that and all you have to do is power down then back on.
    Very pricey to fix.
    Hi, new to this forums, i´m looking for the answer for the error code 13 in the esab powercut 1300, witch switch is the one to be switched? i only fuond sw1 in the pcb... is that the one?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, did not see this. Most of the post are now in the sponsored room.
    Sw1 on the power pcb. large pcb on your left. Change both switches in the red block.
    Turn on and let plasma reset, turn back off and place switches back where found.
    Now make sure torch is assembled right and air is connected and turned on.
    If you still get an error 13 your unit may need a plot arc igbt or control pcb or a power pcb.
    Might need both control and power. Just did two that needed both under warranty.
    You can always send a PM to get a faster response.

Post Thanks / Like

Recommend merging this thread with the sponsored one. That way all ESAB questions are in one place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Recommend merging this thread with the sponsored one. That way all ESAB questions are in one place.
    I was wondering if the 900 model has been as problematic as the 1300-1600. I had a 1600. threw a code on the first one.. (I think was a early throw a code without air hooked up) Sent a second one, and it lasted about 1.5 years, then Esab replaced that one because there was no board available at that time.. The last one worked perfect, and was a great cnc cutter.. Sold it the last month of warranty, and it's been running fine sinse. The machines cut great, and have consumables that last a very long time.. I know everything esab is Victor now, but I would not mind picking up a 900 for backup to my Victor.. I hope Esab, and Victor can come up with a reliable machine that cuts like the Powercut on cnc use..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

They seem to run in cycles. saw a bunch of 900s then it was 1300s and 1600s.
    Then don't see any for months. Just did two 1300s that had a bad power pcb.
    would not turn on the pilot arc IGBT during power up. so the unit displayed a torch pip fault. They fire the IGBT real fast to check and see if the consumables are in place and they can pass a little current and open with a blast of air, With one unit there was something wrong with the control pcb also. I know some models in each line are being dropped in favor of a more poplar model in the other line. Will know more when the new ESAB /victor school comes to California.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist