+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger 9 14 pin

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger 9 14 pin

Not sure if this is the best place for this post. I was told that the 14 pin connector on a Lincoln Ranger 9 is not compatable with the connector on a Miller feeder ( S-22 P12). I was wondering if an adapter is available or if one can be fabbed up to work on this machine. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranger 9 14 pin

Hello MJD, I cannot remember off of the top of my head whether the 14 pin connectors used by Lincoln and Miller will even plug in to one another. But if they did, I am pretty sure that the wiring assignments would not provide the same functions. Your proposed plan is maybe possible providing that you can find/make an adapter cable that will provide the correct connections for feeder power, contactor closure, and any other associated functions that you are trying to make work. In particular, if you are trying to provide remote voltage control from the feeder there is a distinct possibility that the pot value of the particular potentiometer in the feeder would not be correct or compatible with the Ranger 9's control. Hopefully some of the other more saavy folks on the forum here will be able to shed more light on the specifics of your proposed marriage between these 2 components. Good luck and best regards, Allan
    aevald

Post Thanks / Like

Try justarc.com . I have heard good things about them but never bought from them personally.

John
    A few welders
    A lot of hammers
    A whole lot of C-clamps

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln uses 115 and 42 volts to power their feeders. No 24 volts. Miller makes a adapter that has a transformer and a relay so 24 volt feeders can be operated on welders that only have 115 volts. A lincoln plug would have to be put on it and a few wiring changes but it would work. See Miller's full line catalog. PSA-2 Control #141 604

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist