Thread: Attaching ATV or UTV to Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Attaching ATV or UTV to Trailer

There has been quite a bit of discussion on here lately about building trailers. I have a question about something I saw a short while back. It was a hookup that attached the ATV to the trailer using the receiver hitch from the back end of the ATV and some sort of a hitch design coming off of the back of the trailer. It looked like it held the ATV onto the trailer solidly and eliminated tying or strapping it down. The front of the ATV was butted up against the railing of the front of the trailer with this hitch I am talking about attached to the back of the ATV and pinned somehow to the trailer.

Has anyone here built anything like that or have any designs for one. I figure it has to have some sort of give to it in order to pin the two together if they were not in perfect alignment with one another.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attaching ATV or UTV to Trailer

that is a lock so no one can take the atv of the trailer

Post Thanks / Like

9-11-2001......We Will Never Forget

Retired desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one I built to haul a large garden tractor in the back of my truck. The mower deck on the tractor was 52", so it would not fit between the wheel wells. I was tired of the ratchet strap routine, and it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy screaming down I-95 at 75 with it hanging on by a couple straps. It was easy to build. I just put the tractor in the truck where I wanted it, and built the arm to fit. It's made from 2x2x3/16" box tube. Sure took the worry out of transporting the tractor. (Sorry for the crappy image file, the photo was taken before I had a digital camera, so it's a scan of a photo.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC (Sold)
    Miller Dialarc 250HF
    Miller MM251
    Miller MM200 (Sold)
    Miller MM130
    Miller Spot Welder
    Victor O/A rig
    Miller Spoolmatic 1 (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, the pictures are close to what I saw but need to have a way of being able to accomodate if the ATV or UTV is not in the exact position each time allowing for a little side to side movement of 2-3 inches one way or another.