+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 211 CART And

Post Thanks / Like

211 CART And

Finally got to take some pics of the cart for the MILLER 211 middle, the CST 280 top, and a milk crate bottom. Might use that for future plasma . Use all left over assorted steel. Yes, it has the world famous $3.49. harbor freight tires. So far they are holding up fine. I used my $50.00 HF pipe bender for the 3/4 pipe handle. Name:  P1010462.jpg
Views: 4320
Size:  38.2 KBAttachment 570071 Name:  P1010465.jpg
Views: 4302
Size:  32.9 KB Name:  P1010495.jpg
Views: 4323
Size:  42.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 211 CART And

Yo sweet Bob! but that bottom shelf is for a cooler bro, not a milk crate!
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like

WELDERMIKE, SORRY , updated post ! I forgot I had these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bought them for a HOMELESS WELDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Attachment 570141

Post Thanks / Like

Bob no need to sugar coat it! Here's the deal guys, I visited Bob last month. I'm the homeless welder! And if I knew there was beer left I would not have left.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you enjoyed that. My son bought it and I just noticed it in the basement frig. I just HAD to get a pic for you ! I thought you would get a kick out of that. I guess I'm gonna have to talk to that boy !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I hope you enjoyed that. My son bought it and I just noticed it in the basement frig. I just HAD to get a pic for you ! I thought you would get a kick out of that. I guess I'm gonna have to talk to that boy !
    Make sure you tell him your proud of him and he has grown into good taste!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting for the daze of " The warranty is void: These machines were designed to be operated on a relatively level surface."
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

Post Thanks / Like

It needs a Cup Holder...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    I'm waiting for the daze of " The warranty is void: These machines were designed to be operated on a relatively level surface."
    My driveway is steep , when the cart is in driveway, machine is level.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet it's uphill both ways
    The main thing is not to panic or get excited
    Bobcat 250, X-Treme 12VS, MM211
    Meltabo, Milwaukee,Porter Cable,Dewalt,Makita
    Victor O/A, Ingersoll-Rand
    Evolution Rage2, 40 amp Plasma
    Lincoln 225 AC/DC

Post Thanks / Like

Burpee mentioned this, "I'm waiting for the daze of " The warranty is void: These machines were designed to be operated on a relatively level surface." I strongly suspect that if any welding machine manufacturers were losing $$$ because of the routine practice of tilting welders up.... they'd have included exculpatory language long ago. I can't imagine the performance of the welders is compromised otherwise so many people wouldn't design their carts the way BD1 did.... these machines are really expensive and who would want to shorten their lifespans.
    --
    There have got to be really good reasons why so many veteran welders tilt their machines up. Sincere question.... what are the reasons beyond being able to see the controls better?
    --
    BD1> really nice functional welding cart.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I would not believe what Burpee said. Actually, if you go to the Miller site the carts THEY PROVIDE are slanted or tilted for the machine.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/products/accessories/carts/

I prefer a angled shelf for mig machine. Most of my work will be done above the machine. To me , with the machine tilted upward it will have a easier time feeding wire because the cable will have a slight slope upward. With machine laying flat or close to the ground , the cable will have more of a ninety bend upward. If you compare it to a drain line in a house house, water will flow better in a pitched pipe then a level one.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh... I knew there had to be a very good reason why so many incorporated an angled shelf for their welders. And thanks for the drain line comparison.... tilting a welder up now makes perfect sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the cart thread , awesome designs , colors, and accessories. You may find that once it's built you will add something to it, like a cup holder, beer holder, a mirror for doing make up, it will never end. Everyone has ideas and builds them for their needs with material on hand or nice new steel freshly bought.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm subscribed to that cart thread so I can always find it and go back to it for ideas. Funny you should mention "personalizing" carts. I could definitely see adding a 5x mirror because it's a real pain in the rear running back to the house when you get something in your eye and.... as a joke I was thinking of adding a suction cup flower holder sorta like the kind VW bug owners add to their dashboards. Not my photo but here's what I'm talking about,

Name:  pinkdaisyfull-catimage.jpg
Views: 3364
Size:  53.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking cart. Just looks like it might take a lot of beer ballast on the bottom to keep it from tipping over on a slope .. Have to keep the consumption of the ballast down to a minimum on steep slopes ..
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

It will never tip over even with all beer consumed. Bottom frame is all 3'' channel with rear tires being located at the end of channel. The tank helps stability too. If I go on a slope that is that drastic I'll fall over before the cart,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Burpee mentioned this, "I'm waiting for the daze of " The warranty is void: These machines were designed to be operated on a relatively level surface." I strongly suspect that if any welding machine manufacturers were losing $$$ because of the routine practice of tilting welders up.... they'd have included exculpatory language long ago. I can't imagine the performance of the welders is compromised otherwise so many people wouldn't design their carts the way BD1 did.... these machines are really expensive and who would want to shorten their lifespans.
    --
    There have got to be really good reasons why so many veteran welders tilt their machines up. Sincere question.... what are the reasons beyond being able to see the controls better?
    --
    BD1> really nice functional welding cart.
    Nice job on the cart. I agree, the bottom shelf is screaming for a plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Nice job on the cart. I agree, the bottom shelf is screaming for a plasma.
    Thanks, you ALWAYS need to build to have room for more ! Maybe at some time I will buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done going back and forth between the welding cart thread, your cart thread, and a few other cart threads. The more I look at this cart... the more I like it. This is the welding cart I'm copying. Thanks for posting such great photos so anyone who wants can "steal" your design.
    --
    Three questions I have for you.... would you change anything now that you've been using it? Did you prime it before you spray painted it? And.... what brand of spray paint did you use?
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done going back and forth between the welding cart thread, your cart thread, and a few other cart threads. The more I look at this cart... the more I like it. This is the welding cart I'm copying. Thanks for posting such great photos so anyone who wants can "steal" your design.
    --
    Three questions I have for you.... would you change anything now that you've been using it? Did you prime it before you spray painted it? And.... what brand of spray paint did you use?
    I would not change anything. I designed it for the 211 on the middle shelf. Elevated enough to minimize cable and gun kinks or tight bends. Mostly use the 211 for bench work. The top shelf is for the CST 280 . Sometimes I have both machines in use.The top shelf is handy too when empty, you never have enough flat surfaces for tools, parts, grinders, whatever. It is wide enough for two tanks of any size.
    No primer, I hate painting ! The paint is FORD NEW HOLLAND BLUE. It was close enough to MILLERS blue. I probably should have done a better clean up job before painting but didn't. It fills my needs and will hold what ever I put on it . It is rarely used on blacktop or concrete. The HF $4.00 air tires are still holding up.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha. Here's the very beginnings of a welding cart that will hopefully be very similar in appearance and functionality to yours... the dimensions will be off because I didn't know what yours were.
    --

Name:  img_4503.jpg
Views: 2894
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  img_4509.jpg
Views: 2911
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  img_4510.jpg
Views: 2939
Size:  82.5 KB
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

A lot more done today. I wish I would have taken more photos but got too into what I was doing and basically forgot.
    --
    It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is keeping everything square. The more I finish (with a lot of help).... the more I'm really loving this cart.
    --

Name:  img_4540.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  104.1 KB

--
    Eeesh.... I got yelled at half way through this and was thankfully able to correct myself. I moved the cart a little and started doing better.
    --

Name:  img_4551.jpg
Views: 2843
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  img_4553.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  img_4554.jpg
Views: 2838
Size:  86.9 KB

--
    And this is where I'm at as of today. It is looking like yours which.... is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much for starting this thread!!!

Name:  img_4557.jpg
Views: 2856
Size:  105.8 KB
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Well, well....aren't you just moving right along! Looks good!!

A lot more done today. I wish I would have taken more photos but got too into what I was doing and basically forgot.
    --
    It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is keeping everything square. The more I finish (with a lot of help).... the more I'm really loving this cart.
    --

Name:  img_4540.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  104.1 KB

--
    Eeesh.... I got yelled at half way through this and was thankfully able to correct myself. I moved the cart a little and started doing better.
    --

Name:  img_4551.jpg
Views: 2843
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  img_4553.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  img_4554.jpg
Views: 2838
Size:  86.9 KB

--
    And this is where I'm at as of today. It is looking like yours which.... is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much for starting this thread!!!

Name:  img_4557.jpg
Views: 2856
Size:  105.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a patent on cart. You will be hearing from my attorney. However we could settle for cash out of court.

Looks good and it will work fine. Keeping all things square can be difficult. Too much weld and heat will move steel. I prefer using SQUARES , get a couple 2' framing ones, two of the 12'' , and the Swanson speed squares in the 6'' and 12''. You just need to check and recheck before tacking. Your just starting and you should be proud.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist