Quote Originally Posted by circus_arts View Post
I'm designing a handstand table for a hand balancing performer. He wants the table to be light weigh and portable. I'm trying to choose the best aluminum alloy for this table. My needs for the alloy weldability, strength, and good for threads.

I've been looking into different aluminum alloys and have been suggested to use 5052, but after my own research I've been leaning towards 6082. I'm new to aluminum and my first question is what do you think is the best alloy for a table that is going to have to hold a person performing acrobatics on it. Also I want the legs to be detachable for transport. So what alloy aluminum would be best out of the 5052 or 6082 to hold threads? Or is there a better alloy or better way to attach the legs (see picture).

Thanks for any help.
Sounds like you've asked almost every question that the designer would be answering.

Since you are new to aluminum, how would you design it in steel? Size, type, thickness, attachment, etc.

Then your question would be "what aluminum matches the performance of the steel table I've drawn?"