Thread: Victor HRF-2325 Regulator/flow meter

Post Thanks / Like

Victor HRF-2325 Regulator/flow meter

I have one of these regulators and it recently started to leak from the pop off safety valve. As soon as I open the valve on the tank it will pop off and won't stop until I close the valve and the pressure bleeds off. I suspect that the diaphragm has ruptured and full tank pressure is hitting the pop off safety valve which has a 60 stamped into the top of it.

I have loosened the jam nut and backed off the regulator adjustment screw. I still have the pop off safety valve problem.

This unit has never been opened and there are no pipe wrench marks on any of the pieces. How hard is it to open the body to check the diaphragm? How do you set the regulator adjustment screw after you've installed a replacement diaphragm?

I understand that this could be a dangerous undertaking and I'll probably just pick up a new regulator but I would like to find out what is making this one pop the safety valve.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victor HRF-2325 Regulator/flow meter

I don't reset the screws since I don't disturb them, I just unscrew the cap from the body and swap seats (usual failure part) which takes a few minutes and is dead simple.

It's not dangerous as it's not an oxygen or flammable gas regulator. I wrapped a pair of Channellocks in tape and use that to unscrew the cap, then used a 6-point socket to remove the seat. The diaphragm never sees cylinder pressure, only the seat does. The cap does not. You aren't working on a grenade.

Here's a post with closeup pics:

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...225#post502225

I usually get kits off Ebay. Do some price checking to get the best deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victor HRF-2325 Regulator/flow meter

Wow, thanks Farmall I found a kit and now plan on rebuilding mine. You said that you don't reset the screws because you don't mess with them. In the thread you mention hooking up a pressure gauge to the argon hose to set the pressure if you mess with it. Well, I messed with mine and Found that it gets set to 25psi.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Doug_; 01-16-2014 at 07:37 PM.