+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 180hd

Post Thanks / Like

180hd

Hi
    So I have had this since Jan 12 and just did a couple little beads with it!! I had to run a new 220V line for it first. I had that done a week ago and still just got around to testing it -- loosing my excitment of youth as I apporch 50 I guess. I just don't find I need to rush as much as I use to.
    Anywho, very happy with this little unit. This is an upgrade from my 110V Mig Pak 10. I was happy with that one so I decided to go with what I liked, tested and true as they say, plus my brother had a 180 and he was happy with that and he did an aluminum boat with it. There is going to be some learning curve to this hotter unit as you will see from my burn through pic. I was really surprised on how much more quieter this unit is -- the fan on the MP10 was loud, I am thinking this is half if that. Good build quality, heavier for sure!

One thing I was surprise with was the wire feed -- it was jamming going into the gun cable -- I had to pull the gun insert and prefeed the wire then insert the gun insert again. Never had a single problem like that with the MP10 -- certainly not a big issue but I found it interesting none the less. I am a home user / hobby welder and this should do more then the jobs I need. I upgraded as I am looking to build a dump trailer and I wanted to makesure I had something up for the the job. I probably could have gotten away with doing it with the MP10 if I did it in steel, but thinking of doing it in aluminum so it was a good excuse to the wife (bread winner) to get a new welder for some larger project.
    Name:  IMAG0853.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  36.6 KB
    Name:  IMAG0854.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  IMAG0855.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  IMAG0857.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  36.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers, Patrick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist