+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3660

Thread: Trailer fail pics

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trailer fail pics

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Just saw this on the news someone in western Wisconsin Just got caught twice in a week with duck tape covering the rusted out frame on his 14,000 pound trailer got put out of service twice

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    A few years ago I got a call from one of the national trucking companies (middle of the night) and one of their (bright orange) trailers was stuck at a scale and needed a "smidge" of welding to proceed. I got there and the sliding tandem rails looked just like that. No hope of fixing that in the scale yard. Not sure where it went but it was more than I wanted that night.

2. Likes whtbaron, California, _Weldman_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How cheap can you go.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Just saw this on the news someone in western Wisconsin Just got caught twice in a week with duck tape covering the rusted out frame on his 14,000 pound trailer got put out of service twice

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    How cheap can you go.

Dave
    I know... everyone knows you use Gorilla tape and not duct tape for structural repairs...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

5. Likes 12V71, shortfuse, Tmtbob, _Weldman_, mcspeed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trailer fail pics

:

7. Likes whtbaron, mcspeed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bad part…is that that ******* was risking other people’s lives. The trailer, if there was a failure, especially at freeway speed…could easily become a two ton projectile.

9. Likes whtbaron, _Weldman_, 455dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    I know... everyone knows you use Gorilla tape and not duct tape for structural repairs...
    It won't work for frames, but a favorite material for body work in rusted out vehicles is ice & water shield (bituthane).
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

11. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just when you thought you have seen it all..........................Name:  277295615_10227033200238307_3856115201550238587_n.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  54.2 KB

13. Likes _Weldman_, mcspeed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

double post

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to tighten that nut at the front end. Its lockwasher isn't fully compressed.

* Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

16. Likes bfjou812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it haul a 15,000 pound tractor trailer.
    Down hill only
    WEE WEE WEE.

Da

Quote Originally Posted by bfjou812 View Post
    Just when you thought you have seen it all..........................Name:  277295615_10227033200238307_3856115201550238587_n.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

At least he didn't drill the gas tank!

19. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arcflash View Post
    At least he didn't drill the gas tank!
    Or weld to it.
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfjou812 View Post
    Yep.... but look at the factory tow hook welded on right beside it...
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

It could be a tie down hook for shipping on board a ship 🚢

Dave

Yep.... but look at the factory tow hook welded on right beside it...

23. Likes California, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    You might want to tighten that nut at the front end. Its lockwasher isn't fully compressed.

I don't know, that tack weld should hold it.......................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    It could be a tie down hook for shipping on board a ship ��

Dave
    Oh for sure... that's why they are there.... but when they are nose first in a snowbank, that's all you have to pull from . Owner's Manuals do a really poor job of explaining you need to get stuck while going backwards so you can use the factory thread in tow hook at the front.
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

The manual problem just said get tow truck 🚚 .
    My self a avoid that getting stuck. I had to use the army surplus shovel one to many times in rain. It is short folding that fits under seat. Not very good but works in a pinch.

Dave

Oh for sure... that's why they are there.... but when they are nose first in a snowbank, that's all you have to pull from . Owner's Manuals do a really poor job of explaining you need to get stuck while going backwards so you can use the factory thread in tow hook at the front.

Post Thanks / Like

28. Likes whtbaron, NotaVegetarian, robocow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just died
    Millermatic 200®️
    Spoolmatic 1®️
    Craftsman™️ 180 amp AC arc welder
    PrimeWeld CT520D
    3x4 CNC table
    Razorweld 45
    Victor™️ OXY/acetylene torch

Post Thanks / Like

When you lost your license due to a DUI but still want to go fishing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

No boat, but Seth & I got lunch in Rutland, pulled into one of 20 vacant stores on Main Street Rutland to eat it. A man in an electric wheelchair I presume to be towing all his possessions came lumbering up Center Street. He towed a trailer my Jeep would struggle with. I am amazed what Government dollars can do.

I grew up with Mark. He was a derelict by 10 YOA. His mother HATED him, so what, mine hated me.

Early thirties he was on his second wife, he was boss of a group of stoners, he low bid painting jobs for condos. None of his "employees" got paid, none of his creditors got paid, somehow he carried on. He had weed, his "employees" settled for an endless supply of weed. He floated for a number of years.

By his mid thirties, his second wife had divorced him, he was ordered by court to share in support of his children, but didn't.

Then, his fairy Godmother brought him MS! Most of us would be crushed by the diagnosis, Mark was not! He now had an absolute excuse.

He started two "non profit" corporations.

One was Silent Heat. Silent heat was a corporation providing firewood to paying customers & those unable to pay. Since poor people are protected by a great many laws of confidentiality, the corporation's books are also. Money could flow, IRS wasn't allowed to look. He solicited donations, sold wood, & I bet weed, but the money was off limits.

He formed another non profit corporation to promote marijuana. He solicited donations.

By his mid sixties MS has taken its toll. No more energetic Flim Flam Man, he's a ghost in an electric wheelchair. Drive into his yard, you see a fleet of free electric wheelchairs abandoned outside. I know the price tag of one; $28000. It seems he gets a new one each year, parks the old one with the rest of the fleet.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

32. Likes bead-boy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    No boat, but Seth & I got lunch in Rutland, pulled into one of 20 vacant stores on Main Street Rutland to eat it. A man in an electric wheelchair I presume to be towing all his possessions came lumbering up Center Street. He towed a trailer my Jeep would struggle with. I am amazed what Government dollars can do.

I grew up with Mark. He was a derelict by 10 YOA. His mother HATED him, so what, mine hated me.

Early thirties he was on his second wife, he was boss of a group of stoners, he low bid painting jobs for condos. None of his "employees" got paid, none of his creditors got paid, somehow he carried on. He had weed, his "employees" settled for an endless supply of weed. He floated for a number of years.

By his mid thirties, his second wife had divorced him, he was ordered by court to share in support of his children, but didn't.

Then, his fairy Godmother brought him MS! Most of us would be crushed by the diagnosis, Mark was not! He now had an absolute excuse.

He started two "non profit" corporations.

One was Silent Heat. Silent heat was a corporation providing firewood to paying customers & those unable to pay. Since poor people are protected by a great many laws of confidentiality, the corporation's books are also. Money could flow, IRS wasn't allowed to look. He solicited donations, sold wood, & I bet weed, but the money was off limits.

He formed another non profit corporation to promote marijuana. He solicited donations.

By his mid sixties MS has taken its toll. No more energetic Flim Flam Man, he's a ghost in an electric wheelchair. Drive into his yard, you see a fleet of free electric wheelchairs abandoned outside. I know the price tag of one; $28000. It seems he gets a new one each year, parks the old one with the rest of the fleet.

you talk about someone that you have no idea what went on behind closed doors when you were growing up. also you have no idea what god had in mind for him. shame on you. we all are given the opportunity before birth but it how god wanted you to turn out and what luck you had with those opportunities.

if 2 people had all the same traits and both were trying for the same job, do you know which one would would probably be hired? the better looking has the better chance! look it up if you don't believe me.
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Meh.... I'm pretty ugly and I've always had lots of work. Probably why I'm self employed though...
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

35. Likes Roert42, wb4rt, Weldalittle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duramax-rob View Post
    you talk about someone that you have no idea what went on behind closed doors when you were growing up. also you have no idea what god had in mind for him. shame on you. we all are given the opportunity before birth but it how god wanted you to turn out and what luck you had with those opportunities.

if 2 people had all the same traits and both were trying for the same job, do you know which one would would probably be hired? the better looking has the better chance! look it up if you don't believe me.
    Actually, I do have a very good idea what went on behind closed doors. His single mother was a NUT. She had two sons, doted on the older one abused the younger.
    I know he enjoyed reasonably good health until somewhere in his 50s, but planned to fail. He was blessed with above average intelligence, but made MANY bad decisions. He never owned a home, but spent his life figuring a new angle to live rent free in someone else's house. Every house where the owner had died, he'd offer to live in it & renovate instead of rent. That never seemed to happen. I've heard a dozen schemes where he was going to be gifted a home, or take advantage of some government liquidation to get a house free or nearly so. He used donated non profit money to build a shanty on his aunt's land.

37. Likes duramax-rob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be a re occurring theme. Ya, its a shame when the poor or even some deadbeats Are the cause of all the worlds greatest problems,,, if it wasn't for him they could have bought another fancy paint job on a rocket to blow up some more dirt in the Mideast.
    Last edited by Sberry; 05-24-2022 at 09:18 AM.

39. Likes duramax-rob liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist