Thread: National torch tip info

Post Thanks / Like

National torch tip info

I just bought a partial torch kit from a pawn shop for 40.00. It is an older Victor torch and regulators but came with quite a few National brand tips for it. 3 extra cutting tips and 5 heating/brazing/welding tips. It also appears there is an adapter to attach the non cutting tips to the torch since it is not a 2 piece torch. I was wandering if anyone was familiar with that brand and what they maybe used for? Some have quite large holes in them, much much larger than the size tip we use at school to braze copper with.(I'm a current HVAC student) The cutting tips are marked AA1,AA2 and AA6 and the non cutting tips are marked P2,P6,P5,and 9.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: National torch tip info

I don't know about that model but I have a SMITH cutting head and it came with a ROSEBUD [ heating tip ] that fits in the cutting head which is the same dimensions as the cutting tip. It's not like a real rosebud but works. Set your torch up and light up each tip to see what you have.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will set my torch up when I get some oxygen and acetylene. Now another question is, my torch only has a knob for the gas side and a knob at the top i'm guessing that controls the oxygen. Is that normal?

Post Thanks / Like

I used National torches extensively in the early 80's, and still have one. That was oxy/propane and oxy/hydrogen for scientific glassblowing.
    Miller XMT304 CC/CV
    Bernard TIG cooler
    SSC foot pedal

"It's a poor craftsman who blames his tewls toles TOOLS" (!^$#% keyboard)