+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linde C-300 Welder

Post Thanks / Like

Linde C-300 Welder

Guys-

The ad is below. I'm wondering about this welder, can't find much information on it. guy is askin $1000, looks to be in very good condition. Is it possible to use this as a power supply also and hook up a mig wire feeder to it? Sounds like these welders are bullet proof, but big. What's your overall opinion of something this old?

Thanks in advance
    Tyler

Linde C-300 AC/DC Tig or Stick 20” with cover

New 20” ground lead
    10 gallon water tank
    Mounted on steel cart
    All lead and hoses

Scratch start

Good machine, works well.

30”wide x37” tall

Cart is 13” wider than machine and the michine sits in the slot in the cart, with 13” wide spare for mounting bottle. Cart adds 8” to machine height. This is on good heavy duty casters.

220 power

Made by Union Carbide

This machine usually sells for between $1500 and $2,000. The torch and ground lead wire has been used once. They are brand new and cost over $300. I paid $1,500 for the machine alone. All of this was used just one time. Selling to make space.
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Linde C-300 Welder

Having owned a UCC-305, I'd have to agree with your assedsment of bulletproof and especially BIG.

That machine weights literally, half a ton, and will make a good tig/stick machine. The linde I used to have had a very smooth arc, but I had to sell it because it was taking up WAAY too much space in the shop I work at. In order to put a mig feeder on it you would have to get a feeder that can take constant current input (most mig feeders are meant for a welding power source that is constant voltage).

The water tank would imply he has some sort of cooler for a tig torch, which is a bonus. I think that he's asking a bit much for it, when I sold my linde complete with torch, water cooler, pedal and some misc accessories I only got $700 for it. I'd offer him $600 and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll do a little research on getting a MIG setup for it because realistically for my home welding I dont need tig/stick I just need mig. tig/stick is just something I WANT because eventually I'd like to do some side work welding stuff on peoples fishing boats (lots of potential market for that and I know all the guys down at the boat ramp since I fish w/ em all).
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a mig, buy a mig. You're not going to be happy mig welding with a constant current tig/stick power supply for your around the house projects. You need a constant voltage power supply and feeder, or an all in one mig/feeder.
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic
    Suitcase12RC/Q300
    Suitcase8RC/Q400
    Passport/Q300

Smith op

Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldn't I be happy with it?
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 250

Post Thanks / Like

A welder is an answer to a question. The question is what ya want to weld or LEARN to weld.

I'd rather have an industrial grade stick/TIG machine than a light MIG. Get proficient with stick and TIG and you may not care very much about having a MIG.

If you need a MIG for sheet metal, get a small portable MIG so you can carry it to the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know of a manual I might be able to download for the Line type C-300 AC/DC? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know of a manual I might be able to download for the Linde type C-300 AC/DC? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The problem using a voltage sensing wire feeder on a constant current Tig/stick welder is that you have to run higher volts in order for it to work properly. Most users use voltage sensing feeders with flux-core wire on thicker steel. If you want a multi-purpose Mig welder (short circuiting transfer) for welding sheet metal up to 1/4" or thicker you need a constant voltage power source. No doubt it's a good machine but you really wouldn't be happy with it for hard wire Mig welding.

Post Thanks / Like

weights about 875 pounds and needs 98 amps of 230 volt single phase power to run it. If you can't find a manual send me your email by private message and request the c300 manual. It is a stick TIG welder.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy something you can weld with and that you understand don’t try piecing it together you will spend more time working on it then you will learning to weld !

Post Thanks / Like

As a welder it is a fine machine but do you have a forklift and 100A service for it. m While some of these guys are genius and expert the advice they give is poor. If you dont exactly know what you are doing stop,,,,!!!!! Get a 210 class mig as a first machine. 95% chance its the right machine 4 u and if a guy has every other one they ever invent when the dust settles will find himself doing 95% of his work with it if not,,, (and some then) in a custom weld shop.
    Advice from post above me spot on,,, get it, start welding.

Post Thanks / Like

All of this was used just one time. Selling to make space.
    Millermatic 135
    This could be you in a year too. In a small hobby garage would trade it to make room for a 135 too.
    2 different things here and this is a regular theme,,, is this a good machine,,,, yes it is,,,, is a good or right machine for you,,,, probably not.
    Better answers with,, describing the type of thing you want or need to do and the conditions and maybe even location. I see you did list that,,, got one of the best small machine experts not all too far from you.
    Last edited by Sberry; 07-01-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

the OP is from 2010

the bump in this thread came from GL Runyan- he is just looking for a manual
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Klutch 120v Plasma cutter
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    the OP is from 2010

the bump in this thread came from GL Runyan- he is just looking for a manual
    it's a long holiday weekend for Canadians AND Americans , Ed

we're bored. lol
    :

16. Likes Broccoli1 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist