Thread: Everlast welder csa fraud ???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everlast welder csa fraud ???

Look what I have come across on tractorbynet.com

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/w...cmp-today.html

So apparently, Everlast has been using FAKE CSA approval numbers to get their machines into Canada. Who knows how long they have been doing it, but looks to be serious. Reading the thread, I basically have come to a conclusion that their equipment is not tested or safe to the CSA certifications and they have been lying to all of their customers. I believe this is dating back to their first importation of their machines and I am sure you can as a customer check your CSA approval number on the unit sold by calling the RCMP. I believe your CSA number is fake and your unit is not SAFE!

Here is what the poster stated.

"I sure wish I had a working scanner so as to provide a nice clean copy of this letter.

The last thread I was involved in here was locked by the administrator, in part because I referred to Everlast welders as throw away items, I never imagined I would be receiving a letter from the RCMP advising me to dispose of my Everlast welder "according to local waste management protocols, policies, and by-laws."

This notice is the result of an investigation conducted by the RCMP, "The investigation determined there were counterfeit CSA certification marks affixed to the above noted models of Everlast welders."

It also states that Everlast is willing to provide a credit of 10%-50% toward the purchase of a new welder.

I find it interesting that Everlast, having defrauded customers, is now in the admirable position of providing a 10%-50% refund toward another purchase when it was Everlast, not the customer, who broke the law in the first place.

I don't doubt their will be a class action suit to follow.

btw, anyone wanting further details of the situation can contact the RCMP in Milton Ontario, at 1-800-461-9398"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist