Thread: Everlast welder csa fraud ???

Post Thanks / Like

Everlast welder csa fraud ???

Look what I have come across on tractorbynet.com

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/w...cmp-today.html

So apparently, Everlast has been using FAKE CSA approval numbers to get their machines into Canada. Who knows how long they have been doing it, but looks to be serious. Reading the thread, I basically have come to a conclusion that their equipment is not tested or safe to the CSA certifications and they have been lying to all of their customers. I believe this is dating back to their first importation of their machines and I am sure you can as a customer check your CSA approval number on the unit sold by calling the RCMP. I believe your CSA number is fake and your unit is not SAFE!

Here is what the poster stated.

"I sure wish I had a working scanner so as to provide a nice clean copy of this letter.

The last thread I was involved in here was locked by the administrator, in part because I referred to Everlast welders as throw away items, I never imagined I would be receiving a letter from the RCMP advising me to dispose of my Everlast welder "according to local waste management protocols, policies, and by-laws."

This notice is the result of an investigation conducted by the RCMP, "The investigation determined there were counterfeit CSA certification marks affixed to the above noted models of Everlast welders."

It also states that Everlast is willing to provide a credit of 10%-50% toward the purchase of a new welder.

I find it interesting that Everlast, having defrauded customers, is now in the admirable position of providing a 10%-50% refund toward another purchase when it was Everlast, not the customer, who broke the law in the first place.

I don't doubt their will be a class action suit to follow.

btw, anyone wanting further details of the situation can contact the RCMP in Milton Ontario, at 1-800-461-9398"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everlast welder csa fraud ???

I'll leave this for now. This has been covered before here. It won't take much to lock this thread like the other ones on this topic.

Don't even think about turning this into a fight or it's gone before you can blink. I know Zap and Steve are not going to put up with any foolishness on this subject.

Name:  police2.gif
Views: 1018
Size:  3.1 KB

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Posted by the same guy on TBN who was locked down here. Follow the rest of the interesting thread.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

The guy strikes me as a little slow. It ain't rocket surgery to get a scanner working yee haw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Posted by the same guy on TBN who was locked down here. Follow the rest of the interesting thread.
    So you are saying you have all valid CSA numbers or did you guys make them up to get machines into Canada? If valid, can you provide the valid CSA certification number for all to verify?

Post Thanks / Like

Gecko, take a look at post 12 by Lugweld in this thread and see if the info there answers your question.

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...run-this-forum

Lets not get things started on this subject. If you want to discuss this with Lugweld, take it to the Everlast section. No point in starting an issue with him here. Take that as a friendly warning...

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

I am a little confused here. If the certification tags are invalid, are these not certified safe to use by law? Are these units illegal to resell?

How would a buyer validate the certificate, and should the buyer bear that burden?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely would want to know if it's safe to use. No need to get injured or killed. CSA stuff is secondary to safety.
    Arcon Workhorse 300MS
    Powcon 400SMT
    Powcon SM400 x 2
    Powcon SM300
    1968 SA200 Redface
    1978 SA250 Diesel
    Miller Super 32P Feeder
    Pre 1927 American 14" High Duty Lathe
    K&T Milwaukee 2H Horizontal Mill

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

You know this makes me wonder what percentage of products have bogus CE, UL, USDA etc labels on them. I know it's common to see fake DOT and SNELL stickers on motorcycle helmets. You can actually buy the stickers to put on your helmet. Cuz being cool and dead biker is better than uncool and alive. No helmet law in CO. It's all the HD rider's that are idiots cruising with no helmet. No matter how hard headed they are, pavement is harder..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Not a small number. There is a reason that UL started requiring holographic labels ONLY on products imported from China, back in the '90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Everlast is downplaying the issue. They say its only a few models, but its actually quite a large number of specific models if you seen the RCMP letter.

The RCMP (think Canadian FBI) says that the stickers were counterfeit (their words). Items sold in Canada need to have CSA (or other recognized like UL C) certs.

Everlast tried to say that the factory confused the label of CE with CSA and stuck CSA in the place of CE. This is pretty hard to accept. Maybe a one off, but not multiple machines over several years. Where was the QC? As the importer / retailer, its everlasts responsibility to insure their devices meet spec for the specific market.

In usual fashion everlast has tried to spin and control the message. Posts have been moved around and/or deleted from their forum and other sites where the topic has come up.

Frankly I cant believe that they are getting away with a simple 10-50% credit toward another everlast.. Im surprised that they are not facing criminal charges and being forced to buy these machines back at 100% of what was paid. The RCMP is asking that the machines are destroyed. Now that this information has come to light, these machines shouldnt be sold or used and now are basically worthless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scooby074 View Post
    Everlast is downplaying the issue. They say its only a few models, but its actually quite a large number of specific models if you seen the RCMP letter.

The RCMP (think Canadian FBI) says that the stickers were counterfeit (their words). Items sold in Canada need to have CSA (or other recognized like UL C) certs.

Everlast tried to say that the factory confused the label of CE with CSA and stuck CSA in the place of CE. This is pretty hard to accept. Maybe a one off, but not multiple machines over several years. Where was the QC? As the importer / retailer, its everlasts responsibility to insure their devices meet spec for the specific market.

In usual fashion everlast has tried to spin and control the message. Posts have been moved around and/or deleted from their forum and other sites where the topic has come up.

Frankly I cant believe that they are getting away with a simple 10-50% credit toward another everlast.. Im surprised that they are not facing criminal charges and being forced to buy these machines back at 100% of what was paid. The RCMP is asking that the machines are destroyed. Now that this information has come to light, these machines shouldnt be sold or used and now are basically worthless.
    I am surprised they are not fined or punished in some way. They were clearly importing machines with fake safety standard certificates. WOW. No wonder people shell the extra few hundred on USA products. The worst part is Lugweld still makes you feel like you are an idiot for asking the question of what happened. Not only did they screw all their customers, but now they are telling you it is not their fault for several years of production. Why not just call me an idiot and smile? Just admit you got caught doing something NOT LEGAL. Why put the blame on others, remove the threads, delete posts.

Last time I posted asking about AHP Welds being an Everlast brand or owned by the same woman who owns Everlast.... My post was removed. That ticked me off.... This company hides too many things to earn my money!

PS: My last post in their section was deleted! Not because I did anything bad, but because I asked them if they were AHP welds. They were hiding something and that was that. So i posted in another section where they did not automatically delete my post.
    Last edited by GeckoTyson; 06-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

GeckoTyson
    aka Rjmack
    aka RJM
    aka Bob
    Give it a break you are posting under different names in the same forums and different forums trying to stir the cauldron. Using the same low quality photo of your letter does not help you and your diatribe is tiring to say the least.
    Take it to court and stop spreading your story with major embellishments to the facts and the falsehoods you create by twisting words to your liking.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that useless reply. Whatever.... If they have something to add they should. Im Gecko Tyson son, not some Bob or other names which you seem to know all names going against everlast????. Maybe you are the one posting under fake names? Ill leave this thread. I vented my frustration and on to better things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoTyson View Post
    Thanks for that useless reply. Whatever.... If they have something to add they should. Im Gecko Tyson son, not some Bob or other names momwhich you seem to know all names going against everlast????. Maybe you are the one posting under fake names? Ill leave this thread. I vented my frustration and on to better things.

See how good Doug is?

Yep I have had enough.

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that actually lasted longer than I expected...

I'd like to at least thank those that tried to keep it civil. Shame some can never keep it that way in these kinds of threads and always have to take personal shots at people rather than simply letting the facts speak for themselves.

Ronald Reagan