+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Got A Gripe?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got A Gripe?

Finally finishing the rehab on my dad's trailer. Wiring the lights today and it keeps raining off and on...
    Just have to finish that and go get the lumber. Would have been done at 10 am but still haven't finished the wiring... UGH!!!
    Gravel

The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhunt View Post
    Try some Ballantine Ale, that will set you straight!! Bob
    I will try Ballantine. Its even American :smile: Im probly going to gripe about the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Insaneride, you have to get past the smell of Ballantine first before you can acquire a taste for it!! But with patience it will come. Best Bob

Post Thanks / Like

BEER.......I hate beer, all I ever do is keep peeing frequently for hours after a couple of beers.....hee hee, at least I'm not constipated.

I was only ever really what you might interpret as being blue in the face white knuckle constipated once in my life.....couldn't pass the dam thing even with a hot bath and lots of hot tea.....it was as tight as a ten ton clay ball.......lucky no stitches were needed at the culmination of a huge effort in the anal section of my anatomy, but I'll never eat off the shelf packaged quick cook supermarket foods ever again, which I think was the cause of the bottleneck.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

MRE's have that effect on me. I've heard that a nice shot of mineral oil up the rear works well and you'd pass your clay ball like a well made potato cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until you pass a kidney stone then tell me all about it
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Trailblazer 302 AirPak
    Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

LOL....I think if you get a shot of "oil" up your rear end you'll pass anything on the road.

Judging by the size of the dump, when it eventually passed, I imagined that from that moment henceforth nothing short of a grapefruit would cause me a problem, oil or no oil.

Oh yeah, another gripe....I hate standing in separate queues at the till when the next queue goes faster than mine.....now the supermarkets in OZ are starting to get the customers to scan the items in a separate unmanned till area and packing their own bags....grrrrrrr.....I don't pack bags or act as a trolley return boy.

I hate traffic lights too.......if you want to win a bet, put your money on the red coming up 9 times out of 10 just before you get to it....never fails.

I hate luke warm tea too.....thank the tech gods for inventing the microwave.

I also hate getting a haircut and having the short ends itch the living sh!ts for weeks after.....washing the clothes doesn't get the short hairs out.....now on haircut service I wear special haircut clothes like an old tee shirt and a pullover.....Hee Hee.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to the scrap yard yesterday looking for a piece of plAte and seeing multiple M1220 Mine Sweeper vehicles being cut up Into one foot squares,Cat engines with only thirty minutes and aluminum bullet proof gas tanks for sale.I
    Believe 33 billion cut up for scrap each costing about a million to build.Made me sick we paid for these!

Post Thanks / Like

If I would have thought this thread was this entertaining I would have made popcorn at the start!! We need a popcorn emoticon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcostello View Post
    If I would have thought this thread was this entertaining I would have made popcorn at the start!! We need a popcorn emoticon
    Does this work?

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406435137129.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  32.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Grrrrr.......I hate popcorn......once I ate half a packet watching TV and found the bottom half full of wispy cobwebs from all the weevils that nested in there.....nice girly though.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

People posting images four screens wide (not here so much) rather than taking the time to scale them down.

People posting blurred (as in totally unrecognizable) images from their phones. Cameras too.

The list goes on, , , ,

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.....and lastly....is there something going on with the forum or is it just me and my computer.......every time I open a page on any topic I get a pop up that slides out on the right side that says ...HOT DEALS, and on the left side another pop up..... RELATED TOPICS.......This is pissing me off big time as I have to delete them EVERY F#####KING time I turn a page etc.

It only happens on this forum.........is the advertising becoming so intrusive it now dictates the page viewing format or have I inadvertently pressed another obscure "tick me" box to enable these pop ups to happen?

If this is going to be the normal viewing "experience"....I'm outta here....
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely despise the fact that the world has become comfortable with ignorance WTF!!!!!!!!! Maybe it's just me but I actually get excited (like a dog waiting on a bone) when I talk to someone who knows anything more than what they see on tv.. Or face book " I don't give a damn who said what about so and so because they heard someone say something sometime at that one place"... Where I come from we just ask the guy what we want to know.. DONE.. Even if it means we might get an *** whooping.
    If you think the world has got dumber the past couple years let's hear it..

Oh man..... This could go for days if I didn't hate typing!
    Real welders know how to penetrate!

(Equipment)
    Whatever can be used to beat my opponent into submission!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Hi.....and lastly....is there something going on with the forum or is it just me and my computer.......every time I open a page on any topic I get a pop up that slides out on the right side that says ...HOT DEALS, and on the left side another pop up..... RELATED TOPICS.......This is pissing me off big time as I have to delete them EVERY F#####KING time I turn a page etc.

It only happens on this forum.........is the advertising becoming so intrusive it now dictates the page viewing format or have I inadvertently pressed another obscure "tick me" box to enable these pop ups to happen?

If this is going to be the normal viewing "experience"....I'm outta here....
    Ian.
    I'll have to rephrase my comments...........the pop ups are now occurring over all forums I subscribe to, not just this one........seems to be a "feature" some idiot dreamed up to get the watchers to buy more junk they can't give away.

I've been onto my settings in the control panel to see if I've accidentally allowed some pop ups to get through, but the pop up blocker is at the max......it's bloody annoying!

Worse still it's very strong on EBAY, can't browse a page without having some video advert pop up that ällows" me to delete it in 10 seconds or so......grrrrrr...... that is so irritating.

I think this is the "new school" thinking that originated with MacDonalds when they started that up selling crap with "do you want fries with your coffee, burger, Coke whatever".
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    I'll have to rephrase my comments...........the pop ups are now occurring over all forums I subscribe to, not just this one........seems to be a "feature" some idiot dreamed up to get the watchers to buy more junk they can't give away.

I've been onto my settings in the control panel to see if I've accidentally allowed some pop ups to get through, but the pop up blocker is at the max......it's bloody annoying!

Worse still it's very strong on EBAY, can't browse a page without having some video advert pop up that ällows" me to delete it in 10 seconds or so......grrrrrr...... that is so irritating.

I think this is the "new school" thinking that originated with MacDonalds when they started that up selling crap with "do you want fries with your coffee, burger, Coke whatever".
    Ian.
    I was having the same problem with google chrome. I installed "Adblocker Plus" seemed to fix it.
    If you cant fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem.

"Boy, everyone starts with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck is empty."-Grandad circa 1990ish

Post Thanks / Like

1.5 hours of disassembly
    5 minutes of prep
    2 minutes of welding
    1.5 hours re-assembly, cleaning, and painting....

Then people say, "but it looks like you didn't do anything...."
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

People who drive 55 in the left lane, or people who ride in the left lane when there is no one around them for miles, or people who ride in the left lane doing the same speed as the car next to them, holding up traffic. Lead, follow or get the freak out of the way.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

all Democrats, and 99% of all politicians.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    1.5 hours of disassembly
    5 minutes of prep
    2 minutes of welding
    1.5 hours re-assembly, cleaning, and painting....

Then people say, "but it looks like you didn't do anything...."
    Man, have I heard that one before.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, there was a sign at the factory door of the last place I worked at before retirement......."Strictly no access to work area by general public".

What gets done on the job is what it costs to do the job......customer pays for the job irrespective......and he is not qualified to cost the job.

If the customer won't accept the job cost up front..........piss him off or he'll argue about the cost when the job is finished.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  10616005_344366425720325_7517876196212683893_n.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  39.9 KB

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Monday morning quarter back.... Honestly, there must be a free class on "try to act like you know everything" and really not know sh@*. It's easy to see the answer when it's written in front of you! Not so easy if your the guy who has to write it down!.... Im surrounded by morons.....
    Real welders know how to penetrate!

(Equipment)
    Whatever can be used to beat my opponent into submission!

Post Thanks / Like

While having no first hand or direct experience I'm told "Preparation H" is not as effective, nor the same product it used to be....

After being married to the same wonderful girl for 37 years, my mother in law still says I don't deserve her daughter.

I've got enough money to openly purchase most anything wanted without justification, but I'm too damned cheap to do it.

Do I have a gripe? Best not get me started.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist