+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Got A Gripe?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got A Gripe?

People who wear halloween uniforms on a daily basis and blindly follow orders without caring about the end result of doing so.
    Name:  nazi's.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  BBQmeathead.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  40.8 KB
    Last edited by Burpee; 08-14-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Hi, there was a sign at the factory door of the last place I worked at before retirement......."Strictly no access to work area by general public".

What gets done on the job is what it costs to do the job......customer pays for the job irrespective......and he is not qualified to cost the job.

If the customer won't accept the job cost up front..........piss him off or he'll argue about the cost when the job is finished.
    Ian.
    Ian's posts that make no sense....
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

unloading a steel truck solo because our clients are locked down and my partner decides to call in sick only to find the order isn't mine after i get it inside and on the rack.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Post Thanks / Like

Customers who claim a custom part is needed ASAP and is "HOT HOT HOT"....then I don't receive a PO until a week later which would only give me 1 day to make the parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Not being to get a job because everyone in the medical field requires experience, but how can I get experience if no one will hire me?!
    *insert welding gibberish here*
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Eh. I'd volunteer in a low income clinic, maybe. But I need experience in mental health/psychiatric field...needless to say they didn't count me being a member on this forum as experience. Ho-hum.
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

I think her hanging out here counts as helping the mentally challenged.

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe ..The Criminally Confused
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Trailblazer 302 AirPak
    Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a gripe. Master combination padlocks. They are garbage, they won't open or close properly. People by them because they assume that master makes good locks, well, they used to. I don't buy them because they are crap. But it seems like every job site I go to has one of these lock shaped turds on the gate. If you need a combination lock, I can recommend the Ace store brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Yup, got a customer just like that.
    Said they'd get PO's to me for two jobs, rang a week later to ask if the jobs were done....."No PO, no start job"......had the PO's 5 minutes later.
    I think we have the same customer!

I have another customer that I build offroad parts for.

He kept changing his mind on what he wanted and 4 written estimates later he finally says he wants to order them. Great!

No PO, nothing....3 weeks goes by and he emails asking where his parts are. I say, "No PO + No deposit = no parts!"

He says, "I didn't know about the deposit".....

Except that it was clearly written on the TERMS section of the (4) estimates I provided him...

Some people just shouldn't try to be in business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ta View Post
    Not being to get a job because everyone in the medical field requires experience, but how can I get experience if no one will hire me?!
    friend of mine just got her RN and went through that in Cali. sent out prob 50+ apps but all wanted experience. yet they scream about nursing shortage. ended up moving to Texas where she was offered a job
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

They should!!

Eh. I'd volunteer in a low income clinic, maybe. But I need experience in mental health/psychiatric field...needless to say they didn't count me being a member on this forum as experience. Ho-hum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    friend of mine just got her RN and went through that in Cali. sent out prob 50+ apps but all wanted experience. yet they scream about nursing shortage. ended up moving to Texas where she was offered a job
    Ughh. I feel her pain. I wanted to get something relatively close to home, after today I don't think its happening. If I have to drive far, I'd be losing a big chunk of change. Big thing that sucks about living in the country.
    The only other option is in home healthcare, and I'm DEFINITELY NOT ready for that. Nothing scarier than that to a newbie.
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    They should!!
    Haha, I might've been over qualified then!
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Yup.....tough gig, it's what my wife does.
    Bless her heart!
    For me, just coming into the field, I don't think any new nurse should do it. I'm not arrogant to think I'm prepared. I still get that icky feeling thinking about someone having a stroke or heart attack, while working in a facility; I'm afraid I'd freeze up. Where I'm located at, they're known to just throw ya out on your own.
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Bless her heart!
    For me, just coming into the field, I don't think any new nurse should do it. I'm not arrogant to think I'm prepared. I still get that icky feeling thinking about someone having a stroke or heart attack, while working in a facility; I'm afraid I'd freeze up. Where I'm located at, they're known to just throw ya out on your own.
    I thought about doing it. Spent 8 years as a paramedic. But that's ended when I went Deaf.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about doing it. Spent 8 years as a paramedic. But that's ended when I went Deaf.
    ;-( sorry. Have you gotten any hearing aids? My old instructor was just about deaf; she had to buy one of those fancy, electric stethoscopes. Pretty much had to scream to get her attention; she was the best instructor ever. She let me practice my nasogastric tubing skills on her; I passed on first try. Scary! Learned the hard way to keep the tubing elevated...haha...

I have minor hearing problems (ear aches almost bi-monthly), so i I paid a pretty penny for my stethoscope as well. I have the Littman Master Cardiology (black edition, :-p). It's fabulous! I can hear your heart beat in almost any part of your trunk area. You definitely get what you pay for. People were always asking to borrow it during clinical's.

Sorry for the story, thought it was interesting.
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Heh I still have that same stethoscope laying around somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh I still have that same stethoscope laying around somewhere.
    Throw it on EBay, I'm sure you can get some money for it still.
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Ian's posts that make no sense....
    That's a gripe about customers who accept your price after you quoted them and do the job and then try to argue the price down when they see how quick and easy you did it.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a rejection letter from a company that interviewed you for a position; knowing that the interviewer was 35 minutes late, and was talking to another lady who was bragging about how much she liked the girl she just interviewed; I feel a little insulted.

But, a company's staff that treats people like that, probably isn't a good company to work for to begin with.

Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a rejection letter from a company that interviewed you for a position; knowing that the interviewer was 35 minutes late, and was talking to another lady who was bragging about how much she liked the girl she just interviewed; I feel a little insulted.

But, a company's staff that treats people like that, probably isn't a good company to work for to begin with.

Sounds a lot like where I work. When you apply for a higher pay/skilled position, you fill out a job application just like when you first started there. Then interview, then you find out if you got the job. But if you didn't, there are no second talks with the supervisors, etc. They hand you a canned letter "thanks for the interest, we found someone more qualified" But they tell you to always put your "best foot forward" and I find that hard to do when they dont even give you the time of day to explain what you might improve (if there even was anything to improve)

And the grammar irritates me too, especially when you ask if they could use spell check when its really bad so we can understand them, and they get mad like its your fault. I get it, we all arent spelling bee champs, but some of the crap Ive read on forums is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

People that drive slow in the fast lane make me want to keep my snowplow on my truck for 12 months a year!
    Damn slugs!
    Buy American, or don't whine when you end up on the bread line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    People who drive 55 in the left lane, or people who ride in the left lane when there is no one around them for miles, or people who ride in the left lane doing the same speed as the car next to them, holding up traffic. Lead, follow or get the freak out of the way.
    Try living in a state where liberal Democrats have staged a coup. In the name of environmentalism they oppose all progress, seek to pass laws preventing everything from home construction, to road construction, and especially construction associated with any business. Our left lane is our right lane, and as traffic grows, road conditions deteriorate.

Our state legislature is 80 plus % made up of transplants from other states. Not a problem being from another state as an individual, but legislators in most cases are independently wealthy. We still use the term "magic mailbox", (with technology it is an outdated term), The problem is their income comes in the form of a check from another state. They are absolutely secure. They are free to make lofty, idealistic decisions often opposing the wishes, and needs of the people they supposedly represent.
    Last edited by Willie B; 09-07-2014 at 08:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist