Hi guys, I hope this is the correct section to be posting this in.

Well I am moving back to this area and need some direction/ advice. I have been in the custom side of welding metal fabrication ie. building custom rock crawlers, off road race rigs, restoring WWII warbirds, etc. for about 9-10 years. I have been practicing my 6g ua21 and ua41 pipe welds to try and get into the union out here in Colorado. But with the birth of my little girl and the desire for her to grow up near family my wife and I have decided to move back to our home town of Camarillo. I was just out there this weekend dropping off resumes and talking with different welding shops that cater to the off shore welding rigs and was surprised how much work potential there is out there for a qualified pipe fitter/welder. Some asked if I had my own welding rig. So I am wondering if there are any guys on this forum that work in this area that wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction. Or at least talking with me about what works and maybe what doesn't. I have a miller bobcat 250, I know it's not ideal, and plenty of tools and know how to set up my own rig. Would really like to hear from someone who is out there doing it.

Thanks
Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk