+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help for Ironheart_Ram

Post Thanks / Like

Help for Ironheart_Ram

As you all know, it's been a while since I've posted what with taking care of my 92 year old father, the ranch and everything that goes along with Fireline but something came up; something I just can't turn away from. I think everyone here knows Mario Mallari or Iron_Ram, a really talented welder and great guy. Well he and his family live right in the middle of where the last two epic typhoons hit in the Philippines and they totally wiped him out. Everything he used to create the art that supported his family is gone. So, together with Jim Colt, I put together a video to see if we can drum up some assistance for him. It's on YouTube
    and if I could go one step further, since this is really the only forum I frequent, if you could post the situation and Youtube URL on the other forums you all frequent, I know Mario would appreciate it.

Bryan or blawless as he's known here has already offered to donate a welder, some tools and money for him and for that Mario will forever be grateful. Jim and I are pitching in too. He's rebuilding now but he needs so much. Everything was lost in the once-in-a-lifetime typhoon. So anything you can do, I know he'd appreciate it.

His paypal is trailblazerxx22@yahoo.com

#1 Mallari's Drive
    IBP Road
    Batasan Hills
    Quezon City, Philippines

Thanks again and please, if you feel so inclined, post this to the forums you frequent. Every dollar helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help for Iron Ram

Thanks guys for bringing this to our attention!
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Johnathan
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Trailblazer 302 AirPak
    Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

You will get better results up here.

Made a stickey...

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlames View Post
    As you all know, it's been a while since I've posted what with taking care of my 92 year old father, the ranch and everything that goes along with Fireline but something came up; something I just can't turn away from. I think everyone here knows Mario Mallari or Iron_Ram, a really talented welder and great guy. Well he and his family live right in the middle of where the last two epic typhoons hit in the Philippines and they totally wiped him out. Everything he used to create the art that supported his family is gone. So, together with Jim Colt, I put together a video to see if we can drum up some assistance for him. It's on YouTube
    and if I could go one step further, since this is really the only forum I frequent, if you could post the situation and Youtube URL on the other forums you all frequent, I know Mario would appreciate it.

Bryan or blawless as he's known here has already offered to donate a welder, some tools and money for him and for that Mario will forever be grateful. Jim and I are pitching in too. He's rebuilding now but he needs so much. Everything was lost in the once-in-a-lifetime typhoon. So anything you can do, I know he'd appreciate it.

His paypal is trailblazerxx22@yahoo.com

#1 Mallari's Drive
    IBP Road
    Batasan Hills
    Quezon City, Philippines

Thanks again and please, if you feel so inclined, post this to the forums you frequent. Every dollar helps.
    Hi Jlames,

Good to see you posting again brother. In your post, and in the video, you mentioned he has posted pictures of his work to this forum and is known as either Mario Mallari or Iron_Ram. I did a search in our forum, but both user names had no matches. Does he have another name that he posts under here on Weldingweb?

Also, it might be nice to see a YouTube video of Mario explaining any other specific needs he and his family/ neighbors might have. Its been 25+ years since I visited the Philippines, but from what I remember, good down to earth folks! If we send equipment to him, does he have a place to put it yet? Does he need help rebuilding first, and if so, what kind of materials does he need to build a new shop? If one or more of us was able to travel there (taking equipment with us) and stay to help him re-build, would he be able to accommodate us?

Sincerely,

Gar
    Lincoln Electric, Power MIG 256
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Miller Dynasty 280DX
    Smith O/A torch

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, jlames for letting us know about Mario (ironheart_ram). I hate to see this happen to a person that works so hard to make a living for his family, as well as being a great metal artiest. Donation sent.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help for Ironheart_Ram

Done ! Been there. Done that. Sucks.
    Pics 10 hours apart. Andrew 1992 Cutler Bay(S, Miami) Fl.
    Name:  Nightbefore2.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  118.4 KBName:  Mrningafter1.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  110.3 KB
    Last edited by Burpee; 08-07-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

Post Thanks / Like

Leave it to me. Yep. It's Ironheart_ram. Most of the repairs he's done are with hand tools. Until last week, power and internet service was out and then sporadic at best but I understand he has gotten walls and roof in. I'll get with him today on that idea of a personal video explaining what he needs; that's a good idea. Let me, in the mean time, post a couple of his communications with me.

hello Jonathan.

again, I am deeply moved by the concerns knowing that people are very willing to help, please extend my heartfull gratitude to Bryan.

As of today i started working again in the shop. We restored the the roof, I finished small sculpture today . The old Kawasaki welder i guess will now retire. Yesterday i went out looking for a smaller and portable welder. I saw POWERCRAFT inverter welder 160. needed a smaller welder machine for smaller sculpture so i will definitely buy this one when when i get hand of some extras. Just need to make new items to sell... Also a good news came from the email today about a possible exhibit and show in Singapore on October. I am excited to start making pieces for them to show.

Again thank you very much Jonathan.

God bless.

Mario

hi Jonathan..

sorry about the late reply.power here is on and off cause they are restoring the damages on electrical lines also the telephones and internet lines. back now its back to normal...Here in the shop we are very busy doing repairs on damaged roof and some portions of the shop. Again thank you for the help.

thanks again>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/il32b14mnh73mr4/IMG_1292.MOV
    -----------------------
    Hello Jonathan.

ah , yes..sorry am not really used to paypal.what the sender need is the email adress registered to paypal....its ok now.its registered and ready to transact.the email number connected to paypal is trailblazerxx22@yahoo.com

hope it will work

thanks again Jonathan.

Mario

Post Thanks / Like

It would be really nice if, say, one of the sponsor companies donated a welder. Something like an ESAB miniarc 161 stick welder, if they sell that model in the Philippines. Or maybe one of these:

Buddy™ Arc 145 http://products.esab.com/Templates/T041.asp?id=194845

Buddy™ Arc 180 http://products.esab.com/Templates/T041.asp?id=196838

Buddy™ Tig 160 http://products.esab.com/Templates/T041.asp?id=196871
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

Just in case some here might think giving a few bucks wont make that much of a difference, check this out:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  89.2 KB

So if my figuring is right, for every $100 donated, thats like a months wage. So a $1200 donation would be a year's salary. Lets all help this brother out and show him some love.

Gar
    Last edited by Gar; 08-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Lincoln Electric, Power MIG 256
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Miller Dynasty 280DX
    Smith O/A torch

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like

Semper Fi and thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are great with the conversion thing and all. If you've never been abroad, you don't know how far the dollar goes. As Gar said, it goes a long, long way! I sure hope you all are spreading the word on your other boards. I keep hearing of things going viral and sure hope that happens here. He's and vanishing breed; a really, really great guy dedicated to his family and the art like you can't believe! and if anyone deserves it, Ram does.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in - Based on 2008 when my house burned, Even small amounts helps guys.

Best wishes from Minnesota and looking forward to more pics of your work
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys thought about a Go Fund Me account? I will shoot him a donation but the more folks that hear about his unbelievable art work the more money he can raise. Just a thought.....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Jim and I haven't talked about it much but I wouldn't be surprised. But I did get a great thank you note from Marion that side he couldn't believe what people are doing to help him out so once and, thanks. I'll post more of his pics tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mario and Jonathan,

We are here to help as well! We enjoyed a lot of your work and through Kevin Caron, we were able to get you a unit in the past. I am setting aside any machine you need and also some cash! I will replace the unit you previously had, which was a PROMTS 200i and see how we can do more to help out as well. If you need anything else, email me at simon@longevity-inc.com
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, good of you to step up to the plate.
    SP-175 +
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everybody. am sorry i just read the thread, Kevin pm'ed me on facebook and told me about this thread. again i was deeply moved by the concerns of you guys trying to help me
    by the way, the rebuilding is still ongoing.and i want to thank Jonathan for his great effort to help me raise some funds. my wife and I were deeply touched with the responses we've got...some amount were deposited in my paypal account and i think can withdraw it next week (paypal said withdrawal transactions will take 3-5 days) and it will help me buy some materials needed for the reconstruction.
    right now , we rebuild the roof, so i started working and finished new artworks..sold a couple of it today and get additional fund to install the new water tank and the repair on the house is about 50% complete.so we are really making progress here the cash donations sent by our friends here will help me continue the repairs of the house structure and hopefully finished everything before the end of this month..
    Again, thank you so much for all the support and prayers. i dont really know how to thanked you all enough for this.

God Bless you all

Sincerely,

Mario
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ironheart_ram; 08-13-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon,

I think that is very generous and will continue to build the Longevity reputation. I know I will certainly consider one for my next purchase and probably other forum members will also.

Mario - very glad to hear of your progress and rebuilding. More support to come.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com
    www.MyWelds.com - pictures of my work

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to salvaged some of the equipments but i lost some tools that am using for as long as i remember..old tools but "dependable and reliable " ones...

please let me thank here personally some of our friends who responded on Jonathan calls helping me out. My family and i wanted to thank you guys for the kindness and support.

richard wakefield
    Robert Grogan
    Wayne Cook
    Robert Maday
    Tan Linn (USMCPOP)
    Jason Hopper
    dave johnson
    Steve Webber
    George Swire
    duane brinkerhoff
    Simon Katz

and of course to Jonathan Ames for bringing this up here and to Kevin Caron for continous support and concern and again to all our friends here who offered their thoughts and prayers for us...

May the good Lord bless you all.

Mario
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ironheart_ram; 08-13-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mario,

When I was living in Thailand, our small town had a flood. My mother-in-law's house was flooded about waist deep from the small river behind her house. I know what it is like to try and salvage things. Muddy, slimy water and nowhere to go, though she did have a second floor. We carried anything we could upstairs. I was boiling water on a charcoal stove late that night until the water rose up and extinguished the fire. I went to bed and helped scrape out the mud when the water went down the next day or two. But the local scrapyards were full of great stuff for several weeks thereafter.

Oh, and I am "USMCPOP" on several sites, though here I am Oldendum (Old and Dumb).
    Last edited by Oldendum; 08-13-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    SP-175 +
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longevity-inc.com View Post
    I am setting aside any machine you need and also some cash! I will replace the unit you previously had, which was a PROMTS 200i and see how we can do more to help out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wb4rt View Post
    I think that is very generous and will continue to build the Longevity reputation. I know I will certainly consider one for my next purchase and probably other forum members will also.
    X10....
    Simon,
    This sort of generosity and customer service is not soon forgotten. Several companies whose actions have earned them a forever stamp in my blackbook. Things they have done (or in one case refused to participate in...) which sets them above the rest. Longevity added to the list. Well done....
    Hobbyist - At what point is a "hobby" out-of-control?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist