Thread: niagra college welding technician course

Post Thanks / Like

niagra college welding technician course

has anyone done this course or looked into it ? ive been researching it and it seems good, any opinions and experience anyone wants to share would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: niagra college welding technician course

I havent taken the course but my best friend took it. I did my school at a "pipe" school in the same area. AFAIK the Niagara College welding program is good and is split between theory and practical (although ive been told its more theory than practical, which is what i missed out on in school). Are there any more specific questions you were looking to have answered?

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinhowe View Post
    I havent taken the course but my best friend took it. I did my school at a "pipe" school in the same area. AFAIK the Niagara College welding program is good and is split between theory and practical (although ive been told its more theory than practical, which is what i missed out on in school). Are there any more specific questions you were looking to have answered?

Marty
    what was the practical/theoretical ratio in reality? trust an ex student over anything else

just generally wondering about the real quality of the course, how are the teachers, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Google is your friend.

http://www.niagaracollege.ca/kpi/200...indicators.pdf

Looks like they claim an 85% employment rate, but it doesn't say emp[loyed in field of study. Half of the claimed employed could be working at Tim Hortons.

Get a list of 08 and 09 grads from the program and contact them. If the school is legit they will give you the information. If the school won't give the info out they are generally crookid!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Google is your friend.

Looks like they claim an 85% employment rate, but it doesn't say emp[loyed in field of study. Half of the claimed employed could be working at Tim Hortons.

Get a list of 08 and 09 grads from the program and contact them. If the school is legit they will give you the information. If the school won't give the info out they are generally crookid!
    thats for welding techniques though (88% btw) , im taking welding engineering technician, different course's so probably different stats, technician course teaches much more and gives more certs too, so i assume it has i higher employment rate, dunno, just wondering if anyone in this forum went there and what their vibe was

Post Thanks / Like

GOTO niagara college, I got screwed with the school I "Picked" god damn second career people.

Niagara is by far better then any other school around, The school I went was garbage.
    25 years of age.
    Been welding since Feb 23rd 2009.
    LU1007 Millwright (A1)

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if a welding engineering technician degree is transferable internationally (excluding canadian certs) thanks for any info

Post Thanks / Like

Have you go to the college now? I am interested in that welding course but don't know the teaching quality and the real recruitment rate after graduation. Any information would be appreciate

Post Thanks / Like

Programs can go up or down with staff changes, so visit and speak to actual, _CURRENT_ STUDENTS without the INSTRUCTOR watching so you can find out the real deal.

Welding is EXPENSIVE to teach and class time is trivially cheap compared to using metal and consumables in the lab. Find ways to get max lab time including volunteering for extra cleanup and anything else you can to show eagerness to do well.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that Niagara College is a very expensive school for most everything. Local guys eh hi guys.
    Last edited by dumb as a stump; 07-24-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: brain fart
    Miller thunderbolt 250
    Decastar 135E
    Recovering tool-o-holic
    ESAB OA
    I have been interested or involved in Electrical, Fire Alarm, Auto, Marine, Welding, Electronics ETC to name a just a few. So YES you can own too many tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    I read a lot of information about Pennsylvania University on a resource https://studymoose.com/university/un...f-pennsylvania with free samples. There's a lot of interesting information about exams, the admission campaign, and the particulars of studying.

Marty
    In fact, there is a lot of information about this on the Internet, but I advise you to find a student or alumnus of the institution you are interested in on the university forum, so that he can talk about it in detail.

Post Thanks / Like

At my age was thinking about taking some of the courses at the local technology center. I just have wait a bit first
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14 Saw

Post Thanks / Like

At my age was thinking about taking some of the courses at the local technology center. I just have wait a bit first
    You figure it will make you richer and more handsome?

14. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In California in 1990's they reinstated at city college welding courses. I think cost was only $20.00.
    They stop courses around 1972 and just rod burner classes in 1950's to 1970's.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Another ten year old thread is resurrected.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    You figure it will make you richer and more handsome?

Yessir anything but looking in the mirror is an improvement! Well actually I’m on meds so the guy in the mirror is a lot younger than me..
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14 Saw

Post Thanks / Like

I think that niagra college welding technician course is a great program. I am also in the welding field for two years now and I think this program will help me get into the job that I want to do. It will give me the skills that I need to get started with my career and build on it later on. You should also boost your resume by visiting https://www.careersbooster.com/ source as it is the key impression to get a job. If you want to learn more about the school, contact them and ask for more information.
    Last edited by Markinson55; 3 Hours Ago at 08:41 AM. Reason: personal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markinson55 View Post
    I think that niagra college welding technician course is a great program. I am also in the welding field for two years now and I think this program will help me get into the job that I want to do. It will give me the skills that I need to get started with my career and build on it later on. You should also boost your resume by visiting https://www.careersbooster.com/ source as it is the key impression to get a job. If you want to learn more about the school, contact them and ask for more information.

and talk to the students!!!
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

Post Thanks / Like

All colleges claim an 85% employment rate and never say how many is working for retail.

I think I look at how many gets a certification and type of certification.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Google is your friend.