Thread: Hey All from PDX

Post Thanks / Like

Hey All from PDX

I grew up in WY, took welding all through high school. Dad was an iron worker, welding on the missile silos and then trailer repair shops in Portland, and had me cutting and welding when I was in my single digits. Long story short, I "fell" into a career in concrete (easy to get into, hard to get out of) so I'm not a professional welder.
    But I never lost my love for the practice, which led me to this site; googling info for a Powcon that led me to NomadMad's threads, who helped me alot when I finally found a 300ST for a good price.
    I've already learned a bunch just lurking here and look forward to learning more.

Thanks, Tom.

Ps, I wouldn't mind being paid to weld, but I really want to own a bar when I grow up

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey All from PDX

Hi Ya dubl_t and Welcome to the Welding Web Family. So it sounds like your a hobby welder right now as well as a concrete man & maybe a future bartender
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey All from PDX

Thanks Specter.
    Yep, one of these days, this concrete stuff is getting old.
    Lincoln SA 200
    Esab Caddy 160
    Thermal Arc 201TS
    Miller Dialarc HF

I don't like making plans for the day because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom....