Thread: Customer service report with miller

Post Thanks / Like

Customer service report with miller

I recently purchased an older Bluestar 2e engine drive welder.
    The machine is very clean and has low hours on it.
    It has had intermittent cranking issues.
    Yesterday it would not crank at all for me so I called miller and talked to a tech service guy about it.
    With the covers removed he had me test a few circuits with my test light. In the end it was determined that the battery was not properly grounded as it was hooked to a bolt on the generator housing by the previous owner. I rerouted the battery ground to a cover bolt (which grounds to the chassis) and all is good. She cranks over every time now.
    I'm very pleased with the service I received from Miller tech service and I wanted to report my findings here in regards to it.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Customer service report with miller

GREAT cust serv!!!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 211 a couple months ago and forgot about the rebate they had going. I had the receipt but couldn't find the rebate form online. They faxed me the form after I called customer service then emailed me telling me I was good to go and in two weeks I had a rebate check. Customer service was excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just told to bring in my entire machine for a total replacement to "avoid frustration" regarding a minor issue with the MIG gun only.... most likely just the trigger "sticking" on a brand new machine but could be the micro sensor in the gun. Returning the machine I bought is totally unnecessary in my opinion given there's nothing wrong with the actual machine but the offer to exchange my new 211 for another new 211 was sincere. I'd call that going above and beyond being as how there's an authorized/certified repair center within 10 miles of my home.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

Customer service report with miller

They definitely support their products. Even older, non current products like my mid 80"s bluestar machine. This is the first miller product I have owned personally and so far I'm impressed.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

Correction in post #4 above.... micro switch not sensor. Oopsie. Sorry about that.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I was just told to bring in my entire machine for a total replacement to "avoid frustration" regarding a minor issue with the MIG gun only.... most likely just the trigger "sticking" on a brand new machine but could be the micro sensor in the gun. Returning the machine I bought is totally unnecessary in my opinion given there's nothing wrong with the actual machine but the offer to exchange my new 211 for another new 211 was sincere. I'd call that going above and beyond being as how there's an authorized/certified repair center within 10 miles of my home.
    I've had good support from Miller on literature for my older "Hobart" machines too over the years. Later this afternoon I'm traveling to pick up another Hobart gas drive welder so will be in touch with them again for literature.

L-Tec, (now ESAB) did the same with my new "Migmaster 225" by replacing the complete machine rather fiddle with the three month old one I had.

Never did use them for tech support for any of the Miller branded products I'd had through the years however.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Post Thanks / Like

I've been calling Miller Technical Sales and Support/Service while trying to decide on an upgrade path on a MIG welder ... They have been very helpful in discussing the various machines (current and discontinued), which items to stay away from... Even very helpful on which models can be upgraded with circuit board replacement... Hard to even look at other machines...
    Glen
    Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Want to sell!! - Hobart Handler 150