Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peddling the Longevity line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peddling the Longevity line

WHY DO THEY INSULT PEOPLE by including that idiotic "face shield" and "brush/chipping device"?

sad, really.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude I love that brush! Seriously.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Esab ET220i
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    Tormach 770, Tormach xstech
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I buried mine in the back yard.
    Didn't even want the trash guys to see it.
    Thought about putting it in the trash, had a vision of the neighborhood dogs knocking over the trash can, with the face shield and brush ending up on the sidewalk in front of my house, for all the world to see.
    He!! No.
    Buried 'em in the back yard.
    Last edited by geezerbill; 03-30-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Hobart Beta-Mig 251
    1972 Miller AEAD-200LE
    Miller 250 Twin
    Northern Ind. Hybrid 200
    Longevity Stick 140
    Longevity Migweld 200S
    Thermal Arc Pak 3XR

Post Thanks / Like

For a post like this, I would ignore all posters who have not DIRECTLY used the equipment they are commenting on. I love my MigWeld 140. I use it almost exclusively for solid wire welding on projects 1/8" or less in thickness, which is ~50% of my projects. And if I ever had an equipment problem, even if minor, that was when Simon took care of me. But I've had minor or major problems with all of the welders I've owned (Lincoln, Everlast, Hobart, Longevity) and they all took care of me. So personally, it does not matter to me if I have a problem with a durable-good manufactured product---what matters to me is what the maker does in response to a problem---that's what matters!! And Lincoln, Everlast, Hobart, Longevity have all been there for me at one time or another. My .02. (BTW, I like my MigWeld140 so much, I'm looking into upgrading to the more powerful MigWeld 200S, because I just recently now have access to a 220V outlet at home where I rent from and also a generator that I recently purchased that has an OEM 240V welding outlet.)
    Last edited by Agape Guy; 04-30-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast SM200N Spool Gun (aluminum mig welding)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Harbor Freight Titanium 125 Easy Flux
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Way too many power tools

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agape Guy View Post
    For a post like this, I would ignore all posters who have not DIRECTLY used the equipment they are commenting on. I love my MigWeld 140. I use it almost exclusively for solid wire welding on projects 1/8" or less in thickness, which is ~50% of my projects. And if I ever had an equipment problem, even if minor, that was when Simon took care of me. But I've had minor or major problems with all of the welders I've owned (Lincoln, Everlast, Hobart, Longevity) and they all took care of me. So personally, it does not matter to me if I have a problem with a durable-good manufactured product---what matters to me is what the maker does in response to a problem---that's what matters!! And Lincoln, Everlast, Hobart, Longevity have all been there for me at one time or another. My .02. (BTW, I like my MigWeld140 so much, I'm looking into upgrading to the more powerful MigWeld 200S, because I just recently now have access to a 220V outlet at home where I rent from and also a generator that I recently purchased that has an OEM 240V welding outlet.)

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are here if you ever need anything.
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462