+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reading A Book "The Man Who Counted"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reading A Book "The Man Who Counted"

Years ago things were a little simpler and more accurate in my opinion. Back when they taught us to make a hydrogen bomb out of anything in school. All that orbiting particle of electricity stuff, and valance stuff, was not necessary, it was added later. It is the structure of different elements that causes them to filter rather straight moving ambient radiation that is passing right through all matter, into the communication we get from say a block of iron, compared to a block of lead.

Elements are kind of like a kaleidoscope to ambient radiation. Ambient radiation is how we detect that some element even exists. Without ambient radiation, matter cannot even exist and visa versa, ambient radiation cannot exist without matter. All that neutron, stuff was not necessary to build everything we have. The only difference between iron and hydrogen is the number of spheres (h1 hydrogen atoms) they gave the name proton too. Hydrogen atoms, protons as they call them, are just small spheres made of particles of electricity. Trapped in a spherical shape by these two formulas. Pi D^2 and Pi D^3 /6. Years ago atom meant the smallest denomination you could break something down too. An atom of electricity as it was once called, was the particle of electricity. We tend not to use the word atom like that anymore. However that is its historic record.

Hydrogen exists as H2 or two atoms of hydrogen bonded together. It is called a Siamese bond or was. When you break that bond, you get some wild heat and power generated. It used to be called atomic hydrogen welding. Now if as I am saying helium in its He1 state is just two hydrogen atoms, pushed together closer to one another then an H2 Siamese bond, and then each He1 atom forming a Siamese bond to create He2, then upon destruction under certain conditions we can get hydrogen and a great bomb. The Siamese bond as we see everyday is a slightly weaker bond, then can be made with other elements. Oxygen rips the hydrogen from the H2 bond and forms water. That is because the Siamese bond is at a chemical level bond, not an elemental level bond. It is still a very powerful bond though. If you have ever dropped sodium into water you know that sodium would rather bond with oxygen then with itself.

I was saying that each atom of a larger element like carbon or iron, is just a multiple of single H1 hydrogen atoms. Each atom of carbon has six hydrogen atoms, in a larger sphere that makes up one carbon atom. Years ago from good scientists the first thing you learned was that you are standing on a giant sphere of electricity, earth. The hydrogen atom and elements, are kind of like a tree, a wooden table, and a house. They are all made of wood, but totally different, because of their structure, not what they are made of.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    If you check the solution I proposed, you'll notice I never used the radius of either circle as a number - only the variable representing it.

I then worked those variables out of the solution.

The only reason this is possible is if the two radii are "tied" to each other in a predictable manner - the cord length remaining constant and touching the inner circle dictates the outer circle (and vise-versa).

As the circles get larger, the space between them gets smaller, the area would stay the same.

Attachment 924691
    I have known this fellow for years on my Cadd forum. He is a wild guy. Dave check out his angle on this.

William -- Let me see if I have this correct:

You have a circle of R1 and a non-diametral chord within that circle. That chord has a length of 2B. There is an inner circle, concentric with the first that is tangent to the chord. Therefore, this is a circle of radius R2 = {R1² - B²)^1/2. Right?

The area of the outer hole is A1 = pi * R1². The area of the inner hole is A2 = pi * (R1² - B²). So, assuming that 2B is a constant, A2 is not a constant.

It dawned on me later that the Area of the outer annulus is: A1 - A2 = pi * (R1² - (R1² - B²)) = pi * B² -- which is constant!
    You two should hang out Dave, you both give me a headache, Ha-ha just kidding. I still do not see this as proof though. Because we can only check it using real inputs.

Denrep thanks for posting this, it is causing all kinds of fun everywhere. If only the painter had hooked the inside of the hole in the merry go round deck, with his tape measure, and swung an arc with the tape measure over the outer edge of the merry go round, until he found the smallest distance possible we would know everything about the circle using the formula aevald posted to solve the circular segment.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

What do you expect from a Merry go Round painter? Or a welder for that matter.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist