Thread: In need of a switch

Post Thanks / Like

In need of a switch

Hey guys,
    I just purchase an old Forney C-6 welder in great shape.........with one problem. When I took the top off to air it out, I found that the switch had broken and the hot wires were dangling by the switch. I wondered if anyone might have an old C-6 they are scrapping for parts that might have a switch for sale?
    I have very little experience welding and have started my first project. Hope someone can help me out.
    thanks
    ken

ps.....this welder came with no leads or ends, so I wondered if #1 (not 1/0) cable is ok, since that is all that will fit in the electrode holder (stinger) I bought

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In need of a switch

Quote Originally Posted by sonshine44 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just purchase an old Forney C-6 welder in great shape.........with one problem. When I took the top off to air it out, I found that the switch had broken and the hot wires were dangling by the switch. I wondered if anyone might have an old C-6 they are scrapping for parts that might have a switch for sale?
    I have very little experience welding and have started my first project. Hope someone can help me out.
    thanks
    ken

ps.....this welder came with no leads or ends, so I wondered if #1 (not 1/0) cable is ok, since that is all that will fit in the electrode holder (stinger) I bought
    Post a pic of the switch. I may have something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Post a pic of the switch. I may have something.
    Thanks, I will try to get a pic of it soon..........bit of a problem now since I have JB Weld and some screws with wire on the backside, it looks like a junior high art project........but I think you will get the general idea of what it looks like.
    thanks
    ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonshine44 View Post
    Thanks, I will try to get a pic of it soon..........bit of a problem now since I have JB Weld and some screws with wire on the backside, it looks like a junior high art project........but I think you will get the general idea of what it looks like.
    thanks
    ken
    You can text them to me if you want. I'll PM you my number. I have some extra switches out of older welders. They're not the real heavy duty ones, but I think 40 amp switches. I have a brand new Lincoln 60 amp switch I bought for a project I didn't end up using too.

Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

here are 3 pics of the switchName:  Welder Switch 1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  23.5 KBName:  Welder Switch 2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  29.8 KBName:  Welder Switch 3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  31.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, I have the old style phone, so I will either need to put them on this site, or email you the pics
    thanks and I hope one of yours will work.
    I am uneasy using this switch for a 60 amp breaker
    take care,
    ken

Post Thanks / Like

It's a 40 amp switch. I might have one. I'll take a look

Post Thanks / Like

All mine are 20 amp besides that new one I have which is a little bigger. I have some parts you may be able to use ill post those up so you can see them

Post Thanks / Like

SUPER
    thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the first three pix are those parts I have left of a switch I stole the toggle out of.

The last two are of that brand new Lincoln switch I bought from Stumpfs.

I'll give you the parts if you think you can use them, you may be able to rivet the base back on to the upper part with your toggle in it.

I'll take $55 shipped for the new switch. That's less than what I paid for it and it's brand new.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Ken.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that looks very close to the one I have. I will let you know about buying the new one from you hopefully tomorrow. I want to give my switch a try now that I have it patched up. If I blow a breaker, I will be quick to buy the one you have. Thanks again for taking time to look through your switches and taking some pics. talk to you tomorrow
    ken