+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Snow bucket

Some pictures of new snow bucket. Found three sheets of 1/4 plate and had some time. Name:  IMG_20150221_180540.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  46.4 KBName:  IMG_20150221_173120.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  41.4 KBName:  IMG_20150221_173142.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  44.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow bucket

Nice looking bucket,could sure use that around my parts this winter

Post Thanks / Like

I need one !!!!!!!

Name:  blizzard.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  3.2 KBName:  blizzard.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  3.2 KB

Sorry I just couldn't resist ... Every thing is closing already for tomorrow ... we are expecting 3-5" !!!!! SE Oklahoma "shut down" Went to the store today ... no milk, bread ... the state may declare an emergency!!!!
    Located In SE Oklahoma
    Lincoln Mig 135
    Hobart Ironman 230 Mig
    5x10 CNC Table with DTHC & FT
    Hypertherm PM65 on the table
    Miller Bobcat
    www.caneyagequipment.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a replacement for this plow? This was our latest storm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

BrianC that is incredible. Todd496, what kind of machine is it going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Brian ... WTF do they do when the next snow comes? Looks like there is no more place for that plow to plow it too!!!
    Located In SE Oklahoma
    Lincoln Mig 135
    Hobart Ironman 230 Mig
    5x10 CNC Table with DTHC & FT
    Hypertherm PM65 on the table
    Miller Bobcat
    www.caneyagequipment.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueriver View Post
    Brian ... WTF do they do when the next snow comes? Looks like there is no more place for that plow to plow it too!!!
    They were out yesterday and today with blowers widening the road trying to get two lanes opened up. These are the side roads, so not so much traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 873 bobcat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    wtf, do you live on Hoth?
    Welding/Fab Pics: www.UtahWeld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Todd,

I can't tell if you built the sides on your bucket to be self-relieving or not, but if you didn't and it's still just tacked together you might be ahead to cut your tacks and make it that way.

In case some people don't know what self-relieving is, it's where a bucket (or feeder, hopper, etc) is made with a taper in the design so that material naturally wants to flow out of it. Some materials don't need a self-relieving design to flow well, but some do. Snow is one that does. Otherwise it'll stick in the bucket even worse. I fight this with my factory JD bucket all the time. Sooner or later I'll either modify it or make a new 8' wide one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    Holy crap Brian. I'm just across the strait and we got 20cm less but thankfully our streets don't look like that thank god.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it self reliving. I wish I would have. I built a bucket last year for a saw mill to load saw dust and wood. I made it square and the saw dust came out great although the wood would jam up. I thought the snow wouldn't. I guess I can cut the side loose and start over. How much would you cut out? Oh and you did a nice build on your international.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd496 View Post
    I didn't make it self reliving. I wish I would have. I built a bucket last year for a saw mill to load saw dust and wood. I made it square and the saw dust came out great although the wood would jam up. I thought the snow wouldn't. I guess I can cut the side loose and start over. How much would you cut out? Oh and you did a nice build on your international.
    Thanks for the compliment. I wish it was done!

Don't feel bad....I have only seen one self-relieving factory-built bucket for small machines, and that was a specialty bucket costing a LOT more. It's one of those tricks that you'd think would be more common. But I guess production cost would be more, cubic footage would be slightly reduced, and both of those are big selling points for the average skid-steer buyer.

If your bucket is already solid-welded, I'd leave it be and it'll perform like every other mass-produced bucket out there. But it does look like you left enough extra material on the side plates that you could re-use them even at a slight angle. You don't need a huge taper; something like an inch or two front to rear would be all in the world you'd need.

Post Thanks / Like

Cut the window in and braces. Unfortunately I have to get back to my real job.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

I built an 80" snow/light material bucket for my S300, a while back. I had a buddy bend a top, but I also like your use of a pipe, not a problem. He also bent the back of the floor up, so I welded the back piece, with the bend on top, to the floor. Then, inside where the floor meets the back, I welded maybe a 4" piece at a 45*. I didn't use any stiffeners, and have not had a problem. Did you get an attachment plate yet? If not, go here. Awesome quality, and I can't see how you would beat their price. http://www.skidsteerexpress.com/sse/...nt-plates.html

I also put a bolt on cutting edge on mine. Believe it or not, at the time, a CAT edge was the least expensive. I highly recommend one. We were working at UPS CACH facility in Willow Springs, hellinois. The concrete there has metal shavings in it, and it plays he!! on any metal edges. My operator seemed to think he had to scrape the ground at a 45* angle. Well, he completely wore out the first side of my new cutting edge, in a 12 or so hour cleanup (one snowfall).
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

leave the bucket alone make some new sides that are in about 3 inches at the back and weld them in the weight should not be a problem and if it is cut out the old sides after the new ones are in.

Swanny

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your edge? I priced a 6x5/8 and 8' wide $113.00 I payed $95.00 fir adapter plate (ebay).

Post Thanks / Like

blueriver*said:02-23-2015*12:49 AM

I need one !!!!!!!

Sorry I just couldn't resist ... Every thing is closing already for tomorrow ... we are expecting 3-5" !!!!! SE Oklahoma "shut down" Went to the store today ... no milk, bread ... the state may declare an emergency!!!!

Where you live at blueriver? I'm from idabel. They let school out in SE oklahoma when the forcast gives the slightest chance of snow.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that was back in 2004. I really can't remember, but it was more that $113.00. Your price for your attachment plate seems great. Is it a full plate? If not, like the one on my bucket, I would consider reenforcing the back of the bucket before welding it on. I used a piece behind each side, but I angled the four corners, so you don't have any square corner stress areas. If that's confusing, I can try to get some pics of how I did mine. It's just on a shelf, buried by scrap bins and snow.
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

It Is a full plate and I thought the edge was a fair price . If you can take some pictures I would like to see how you mounted your hitch. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I am having a hard time finding them in my iPhoto when I copy them. The pics are in this thread http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...cts&highlight=
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

I also mounted the attachment plate a little low, so that the guys don't drag and wear out the rear bottom.
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine set at 19". That is from the top flange to bottom edge of the bucket.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist