Thread: 200sm repairs

Post Thanks / Like

200sm repairs

used it for years and then I left it on and it stoped ticking

bought a high voltage capaciter from arc and went through 25 power spots on circuit board with good results
    but it still doesnt tick/weld

Id love to have it working again

anyone know what to do next?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 200sm repairs

Did you call Arcon. That or find a repair shop that has been around a long time and is familiar with them.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

No guess thats next, I asked the local "miller" shop , they said sure bring it in and they have no experience with them so I had to put a dollar value on repairs.

$500 to look at it didnt seem like a good plan.

Post Thanks / Like

taking it to a shop that is not familiar with them is a bad idea.... they wont have schematics or parts and will just tell you that the company is out of business and they cant fix it... $ 75 bucks please
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Call arcon. Same issue with my 300st. They worked with me on a Sunday to diagnose some bad caps and fuses on the main pcb. Do you have any voltage at the output leads, ocv should be ~75 on those. You may have a fan transformer or aux transformer machine depending on age as well. Basically, with mine, it was not getting power through the caps and fuses to power the main board. 30 bucks worth of parts and some soldering, and bam. Also, first make sure all your plugs are seated firmly on the board. Mine also had a plug that the sleeve had pushed put on, ptd loop probe for the input caps, little plug with tiny wires, it won't fire also if that loop is not above 400 ohms I think. Keep us posted!
    Powcon 300st (my favorite)
    Miller Goldstar 600ss
    Lincoln Idealarc 400/400
    Miller 12vs
    2 LN25's
    Miller Deltaweld 302
    Miller Bobcat 250 G EFI
    Miller Bobcat 225d Plus (Dropped a valve, up soon)
    Everlast 255ext (ordering soon!)

Post Thanks / Like

If other sources don't pan out Bodine Electric in Decatur Il. can service it. I called them and they have the manulas for all Powcon machines. 217/423/2593. I have two different 300 Powcons and so far no issues. I had my Miller Trailblazer worked on last year and they were very reasonable on cost.

Dan D.
    Manipulator Of Metal

Post Thanks / Like

post where you are located. You might be close to some one who can help.
    Don't forget to check the output filter caps. Bad input caps will trip the line switch/breaker.
    The first time you turn it on, then if you turn it on again right away machine will power up and stay on.
    Arcon is just about the only source for parts left. And they only have some of them.

Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could find someone in CA to work on them, i have 5 of them that are out at various welder repair spots that haven't been looked at yet, some have been there for months.

Used to drive down to san diego on thursday and drop them off friday morning they would service them and ship them back, saved some money on shipping but thanks to ole lincoln electric coming in and buying arc products that service is no more.
    Vantage 500's LN-25's, VI-400's, cobramatics, Miller migs, synch 350 LX, Powcon inverters, XMT's, 250 Ton Acurrpress 12' brake, 1/4" 10' Atlantic shear,Koikie plasma table W/ esab plasmas. marvel & hyd-mech saws, pirrana & metal muncher punches.