+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miller dynasty or miller diversion plus extras!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller dynasty or miller diversion plus extras!?!

Funny you should mention subframe connectors. If you check out the daddywagon I recently posted about on this forum I will need subframe connectors for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nelzweldz View Post
    It is done. Between my last post and this one I placed my order online. A dynasty 200dx with a wireless foot pedal should arrive at my house sometime soon. I bought the water cooled wireless package. Looking forward to my first tig welds.
    Wow!

You are gonna like it. Just some advise on the Tig side. The default parameters are a very close jack of all trades settings. All you have to do to pulse is push the button once then the "A" button under the knob to return to main screen. Same with balance and freq.settings.

Once you hit on a nice recipe, write them in a little spiral notebook for later, as you cannot store in a separate memory. Once set your machine will remember last DC and AC settings.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Wow!

You are gonna like it. Just some advise on the Tig side. The default parameters are a very close jack of all trades settings. All you have to do to pulse is push the button once then the "A" button under the knob to return to main screen. Same with balance and freq.settings.

Once you hit on a nice recipe, write them in a little spiral notebook for later, as you cannot store in a separate memory. Once set your machine will remember last DC and AC settings.
    Very cool! Already advice on use of welder. I really do appreciate it! I am going to need all of the help I can get. I have access to steel, stainless, and aluminum scrap at work. I work in fleet maintenance and we throw out all kinds of stuff. Just last week I was admiring the welds on an all stainless garett egr cooler that I had just replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a car guy, and am pretty happy with the Diversion 165 my wife got me as a gift. I guess it depends on your starting point. I had zero TIG experience, and my only welding experience at all was with my trusty 110v Craftsman MIG welder -- which is kind of like a spackle gun for molten metal by comparison (at least when I use it).... At any rate, with plenty of practice and youtube's, I can now actually make stuff with the Diversion in aluminum. That was always my goal, so I'm pretty happy with it. I figure this machine is still a better welder than I am, so I'll keep practicing with it in the meantime. That's not to say I don't already wish I had a pulser and duty cycle adjustments, but the power has been more than enough for fabricating aluminum car parts... Looking forward to the day when I feel like the Diversion is holding me back, and will likely move up at some point, but until then it really has served its purpose well; it helped me learn to TIG aluminum relatively quickly, and I can now make stuff. See examples below:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom86951 View Post
    I'm a car guy, and am pretty happy with the Diversion 165 my wife got me as a gift. I guess it depends on your starting point. I had zero TIG experience, and my only welding experience at all was with my trusty 110v Craftsman MIG welder -- which is kind of like a spackle gun for molten metal by comparison (at least when I use it).... At any rate, with plenty of practice and youtube's, I can now actually make stuff with the Diversion in aluminum. That was always my goal, so I'm pretty happy with it. I figure this machine is still a better welder than I am, so I'll keep practicing with it in the meantime. That's not to say I don't already wish I had a pulser and duty cycle adjustments, but the power has been more than enough for fabricating aluminum car parts... Looking forward to the day when I feel like the Diversion is holding me back, and will likely move up at some point, but until then it really has served its purpose well; it helped me learn to TIG aluminum relatively quickly, and I can now make stuff. See examples below:
    That is really seriously impressive! Even if it hints that I might have been fine with the diversion, I am really excited about the capabilities of the dynasty. Clearly you have got some skill. I hope I can learn to tig weld aluminum too.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Happy Diversion owner here. I have the Diversion 180. I don't weld with it every day, but it's been up to the task when I have.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear the diversion would have been a good choice. This all just means I chose a machine well beyond my capabilities which will hopefully last for many years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear the diversion would have been a good choice. This all just means I chose a machine well beyond my capabilities which will hopefully last for many years to come.
    Be sure to heed Shovelon's advice on factory settings.
    And learn how to do a factory settings reset
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

It is done. Between my last post and this one I placed my order online. A dynasty 200dx with a wireless foot pedal should arrive at my house sometime soon. I bought the water cooled wireless package. Looking forward to my first tig welds.
    Great decision! I had the Diversion. Bought it when I was in school so I could practice at home. Got the edge on the other students. Sold it to a buddy and bought the 200DX. Never regretted it! I can give you some good advice about the Dynasty. Study the manual-watch the videos on Youtube. Try out the different settings, and document what you do.

The Dynasty is amazing! Try different setting and look at your welds. But, only change one variable at a time. Then you can understand how each change will affect the weld. If you take your time and figure out the Dynasty, you can make it do things no other welder can do!

Post Thanks / Like

L
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Stang View Post
    Great decision! I had the Diversion. Bought it when I was in school so I could practice at home. Got the edge on the other students. Sold it to a buddy and bought the 200DX. Never regretted it! I can give you some good advice about the Dynasty. Study the manual-watch the videos on Youtube. Try out the different settings, and document what you do.

The Dynasty is amazing! Try different setting and look at your welds. But, only change one variable at a time. Then you can understand how each change will affect the weld. If you take your time and figure out the Dynasty, you can make it do things no other welder can do!
    Thanks Stang! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

The welder arrived today. I priced the argon cylinder at a local supply. $170 for the first 80 cu.ft. $52 currently for every subsequent refill. I plan to copy the twist lock interchangeable plug that I saw on YouTube. I also purchased 2 copies of the tig calculator card and 2 of the metal thickness gauge key chains. I will be collecting scrap to practice on. Thrilled so far and excited to get started. it came fully assembled on the cart, and bolted to a wooden skid.

Post Thanks / Like

It is done. Between my last post and this one I placed my order online. A dynasty 200dx.
    Like the others have said, great choice.
    I got the same machine after researching welders on this site. Appreciate all you guys who are willing to share your experience and advice. Spent more than I originally intended but am really glad I did. That is a nice machine for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

TA DAAA!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic choice right there!! keep us updated on your progress
    Millermatic 211
    Miller Syncrowave 350lx with cooler and tigrunner
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 81
    1955 National Cylinder Gas O/A setup with original patina

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! You're gonna love it!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist