+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me outfit a Miller Dynasty 280DX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me outfit a Miller Dynasty 280DX

Just a receptacle to clean stuff with acetone, Which reminds me you need good Raven nitrile gloves, Ove gloves, TIG Fingers from Weldmonger, clamps, I use copper blocks for many things.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 20 miles from a gas dealer. I rent 300 CF bottles of argon, If you find a dealer willing to provide a second tank at a bit more cost, do it. I only run out on weekends.
    Some use a cart, I don't. Mine sits on a shelf. You can build a cart.
    I'm in love with 4943 Filler, occasionally 5356 might be needed. for aluminum.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AKweldshop View Post
    Your happy that you bought your Dynasty as a package?
    You lost money there.
    My 280 would have been the same price with a package. I've got concerns about function with wireless pedals, and everybody loves the SSC pedals. I didn't want a cart. Some say there are better torches. Don't forget the adapter for the cooler to Dinse.

I used sink water for a while cause my cooler was back ordered. It worked just fine. Zap has no cooler, he has used sink water since Kennedy was president.

Stingers are 1/0 welder cable from lots of vendors on E bay, an electrode holder, good ground clamp. 6010 and 7018 rod in 3/32, and 1/8". Once or twice in your life you might want 5/32.

A good helmet is a must. I'd get a top of the line Miller or Viking. I've heard of 3M making a good one. The price is a shock, eye repair is much worse. Get a face shield , and safety glasses.

Scotch brite is needed.
    Last edited by Willie B; 03-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Miller really sticks it to you with bundle pricing.

Their cart is grossly overpriced for what it is, and there's absolutely zero incentive purchasing the bundle as far as added value versus cost savings goes. For the guy that wants a plug and play, roll it off the pallet and turn it on deal, then that's definitely the way to go.

For the guy that doesn't want to pay Miller a premium price for a cheap cart and accessories, buying the machine by itself and building a rig is the best way to go. Personally, I don't like their cart, price for a new cooler and particular brand of torches and accessories. I built my own set up, and pretty well always have for all my welding machines. I'm also not a fan of all in one MIG machines either, I like the versatility of a multi process inverter or power source with a wire feeder. For a lot of users, my setup would be overkill and totally unnecessary for their needs. All about what the individual wants. I prefer an 18 year old industrial inverter for my MIG & Stick welding needs. That isn't necessarily gonna work for the next guy down the line tho.

Just depends on the user and their needs. There's no right or wrong answer, rather an individuals specific requirements that define the best value for them.

IMHO of course

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist