Thread: Selling Ideas for hardfacing / Wear protection electrodes

Post Thanks / Like

Selling Ideas for hardfacing / Wear protection electrodes

Hi Guys!

I am based out of Delhi,India.
    We own a business about distributing and selling Hardfacing welding products and allied products.
    I need your suggestions on how can i increase sales / open new customer accounts.
    Ideas on some new hardfacing appllications .

Please give me your valuable inputs.

regards
    Sanjay

Following, i give a brief idea about the industry close to office:--
    Delhi - A metropolitan capital of India , is sorrounded by mostly non metal working Industries , Construction, Power,Telecommunications and Real Estate is the pillars of Delhi's economy..... distantly there are sugar mills,paper mills , couple of thermal power stations..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling Ideas for hardfacing / Wear protection electrodes

Since there were no links in your post I'm stretching wayyyyy out there and giving you the benifit of the doubt, this isn't spam.

I would suggest making an appointment with the head of maintenance at those mills you mentioned as well as the the power plants and construction companies. Sit down and tell them about your products, don't just make the polished sales pitch - those guys bore me - then leave enough samples to make sure everybody gets to use some, not just two or three rods.
    Arc-air left us a couple 5 lb boxes for example vs some guy left us maybe 3 purple looking TiN inserts don't remember.
    follow up in a week or 3 without being annoying.

Also sales material that I think works - Hats, calenders that stick (preferably the more attractive ones) blotters, safety glasses

Pens, screwdrivers, coffee cups - not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling Ideas for hardfacing / Wear protection electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Hi Guys!

I am based out of Delhi,India.
    We own a business about distributing and selling Hardfacing welding products and allied products.
    I need your suggestions on how can i increase sales / open new customer accounts.
    Ideas on some new hardfacing appllications .

Please give me your valuable inputs.

regards
    Sanjay

Following, i give a brief idea about the industry close to office:--
    Delhi - A metropolitan capital of India , is sorrounded by mostly non metal working Industries , Construction, Power,Telecommunications and Real Estate is the pillars of Delhi's economy..... distantly there are sugar mills,paper mills , couple of thermal power stations..
    Find me a couple of thousand pounds of hardfacing build up wire that can be ran overhead, good for metal on metal sliding and impact wear, and you will be my HERO!
    6 Miller Big Blue 600 Air Paks
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    4 Climax BW-3000Z bore welders
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers