Thread: ESAB Origo Tech helmet head gear broken

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB Origo Tech helmet head gear broken

I have an ESAB Origo Tech helmet I have only used once. For whatever reason, the second time I put it on, the helmet headgear strap broke.

I contacted ESAB tech/customer support and they referred me to the LWS where I obtained it. The LWS said they would have to get approval from the ESAB rep for their area to get it replaced. Big runaround. That was a week ago and the LWS still cannot get the ESAB rep to return their call. No fault on the LWS, they are great folks doing all they can to help; just having problems with the ESAB rep/customer support.

If the ESAB admin is reading these postings, contact me via PM and I'll give you the details.

Name:  ESAB Origo Tech helmet headband strap break 02.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  47.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB Origo Tech helmet head gear broken

Shortfuse, your LWS should give you another and deal with them at a later date,at least Id expect mine to,,good luck
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Caddy160I
    Esab 161 STL
    ESAB powercut 650
    Esab 220i tig
    Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Lincoln IdealArc 250
    INE SKYLINE 1500
    Klutch 140i

MEASURE TWICE IS FOR MORONS

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the warranty card says? Can't say I've ever read one for a helmet.

Sounds like the LWS gets the same response time from ESAB that consumers get - what a bunch of crap.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I wonder what the warranty card says? Can't say I've ever read one for a helmet.

Sounds like the LWS gets the same response time from ESAB that consumers get - what a bunch of crap.
    According to the LWS, the warranty (2 yrs in the case of the Origo Tech) is for the A/D module only. They are trying to get the rep to get them a replacement headgear as a courtesy customer service. We'll see......

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as it turns out, ESAB does not sell directly to the public. After the LWS, Scott-Gross in Springfield, MO never could (supposedly) get any response from their ESAB rep regarding replacing the broken headgear, I took it upon myself to call ESAB directly. Their customer support said they don't sell or replace directly to the public; that I would have to go through my LWS. Lotta good that did. I called the LWS back and they said they would get authorization from ESAB....well after a week, no word.

Gave up on both ESAB and Scott-Gross and ordered one from eb*y. Got it in three days, including a weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    Well, as it turns out, ESAB does not sell directly to the public. After the LWS, Scott-Gross in Springfield, MO never could (supposedly) get any response from their ESAB rep regarding replacing the broken headgear, I took it upon myself to call ESAB directly. Their customer support said they don't sell or replace directly to the public; that I would have to go through my LWS. Lotta good that did. I called the LWS back and they said they would get authorization from ESAB....well after a week, no word.

Gave up on both ESAB and Scott-Gross and ordered one from eb*y. Got it in three days, including a weekend.
    That's disappointing. I had great response from Jackson/Kimberley Clark when my 370 headgear broke on my Truesight. They mailed me replacement with 1 phone call and included a free pair of safety glasses. I had registered the warranty card online when I bought it.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

southpaw,

In addition, I was disappointed with the lack of any response from anyone from ESAB on the ESAB Sponsored Forum, where my issue was posted. I guess they only formed an ESAB Sponsored Forum for advertising and not addressing any issues from customers....'jus sayin'.

My small problem may have been insignificant to the LWS in question and ESAB for that matter, but when companies drop the ball, that loses them future customers! It's hard to wear a helmet without headgear and that makes the helmet just as useless as if the A/D cartridge went dead. I drove over 60 miles to do business with that LWS, but you can bet your sweet *ss I won't do it again!!! And.... I feel that ESAB just passed the buck as well.