+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lehigh Valley Abrasives review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lehigh Valley Abrasives review

I had just put a order in a couple of weeks ago, shipped to me in 3 days.. Didn't realize that they are located a hour west of me.
    Pete

ESAB SVI300
    ESAB MIG 4 HD
    MILLER PASSPORT 180
    MILLER DYNASTY 300DX
    MILLER COOLMATE 4
    MILLER 30A
    MILLER SPECTRUM 2050
    C&K WF-3
    PrimeWeld Tig 225X

Post Thanks / Like

Realize u returned a 3 year old thread?
    But might as well add that my experience has been less than awesome with them.

I too have waited several days on abrasives from them that were out of stock. Ive ordered about 3-4 times from them total and each time about half of my order was out of stock/backordered. But i guess i did recieve the rest of my stuff about a couple weeks later.

One thing that pissed me off is that i ordered about 200 dollars worth of stuff and a small part of that order was supposed to be two regular 4.5" grinding disks.

Anyway i never got them from them. I called about 2-4 weeks after not seeing them in the mail (thought they were just backordered right?). Well they had "to check with the shipping dept about it" and NEVER sent me the disks. 5-10 dollars max worth of grinding disks and they blew me off and i never got them. Guess they thought i was lieing about 2 $3 dollar grinding disks.

Dynasty 200DX (2014)
    Millermatic 211 (2015)
    Optrel 864 (2014)
    Smith Medium duty MBA 30510 (Xmas 2014)
    Tennsmith 16ga 4ft finger brake (2015)
    Trailblazer 325 EFI and excel
    Thermal dynamics Cutmaster 82
    Miller maxtron 450

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by outdoort View Post
    One thing that pissed me off is that i ordered about 200 dollars worth of stuff and a small part of that order was supposed to be two regular 4.5" grinding disks.

Anyway i never got them from them. I called about 2-4 weeks after not seeing them in the mail (thought they were just backordered right?). Well they had "to check with the shipping dept about it" and NEVER sent me the disks. 5-10 dollars max worth of grinding disks and they blew me off and i never got them. Guess they thought i was lieing about 2 $3 dollar grinding disks.
    If they refused to make good on the order, I would have just called my credit card carrier and told them the vendor didn't fully fulfill the order. Let them sort it out.

A lot of times the CC company will just refund your money, and I guess nick the vendor's rep...

I've had good experience with LVA but their shipping is slow.

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order a few weeks ago and had the order the following week. Shipping was very fast. In the past, it has taken longer and some items were shipped separate.

Overall, I have been very happy with the product.

One note, it seems like 5" flap discs went up in price by a dollar or more since the previous order. They are closer to retail price now, but still less. The CGW flap discs worked great but were 6-10 bucks each. I thought Lehigh Valley was $2.89 last time, but the discs may not last quite as long. Yes, there are likely better products, but the price was so low that I could use a few LV discs for the price of other brands and I could stock up on all the abrasives I needed at one time.
    Miller 330abp
    Miller 211 inverter, M150 spool gun
    Miller 135
    Miller 375 Extreme plasma
    CNC plasma table (build in progress)
    Femi 120abs portable band saw
    Many other tools
    Too little garage space
    Not enough money

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing here " same ol same ol". I use the telephone , REALLY !
    I can call and tell the salescritter:
    "Hey man(or gal)" make sure it's in hand and ready to roll"
    OH. You dont have those in ? Skip them.
    I get what they have ready to go NOW and move on with the rest of the list to other suppliers.
    I spend a couple grand a year at Lehigh.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never had a problem with them. Always great prices and service.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

Zach

Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    For more opinions. Garage Journal has 273,101 members [ posted on their site ] Weldingweb Members 59,611
    Out of those probably 200,000 were banned by The Head Bed Wetter and the rest by Kaptain Porche(look at me !!!).70,000 more got jobs.The others spend a lot of time with a bottle of Windex.

OH. Lehigh ? Never have any issues. I just got 250 hook and loops. Took 7 days from order to my PO box here.
    I buy quite a bit there and quite a bit from Roark Supply too ( METAL) is the discount code at Roark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Out of those probably 200,000 were banned by The Head Bed Wetter and the rest by Kaptain Porche(look at me !!!).70,000 more got jobs.The others spend a lot of time with a bottle of Windex.

OH. Lehigh ? Never have any issues. I just got 250 hook and loops. Took 7 days from order to my PO box here.
    I buy quite a bit there and quite a bit from Roark Supply too ( METAL) is the discount code at Roark.
    I believe I have never heard a more spot on description of a couple of true tools

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist