Thread: Hello from South Dakota!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from South Dakota!!

Hey guys! I've been lurking around here reading and learning as much as I can, and finally registered about a week or so ago. I've used to drive truck/ mobile home transport and currently work at Home Depot in Sioux Falls, SD. I will be going to school for welding in the fall at a local technical school.

I love to build things, and am looking to get into a career to support my new family. I have burned a max total of 2 stick electrodes in my life, so I am looking to work on that, and I would also like to try my hand(s) at TIG when I get a chance.

I am also looking to buy the first welder I can call my own. I currently have my sights set on a used Lincoln square wave 300. If you guys have any suggestions or things to watch out for, I would highly appreciate the advice. (I have already read all the "I'm new and need a welder!" threads I could find.)

I'd like to eventually get into some kind of custom fabrication, and maybe once I get some real hood time and am confident in my abilities, do custom bumpers, machinery repairs, trailer work, and so forth.

so, that's where I'm looking to go right now. thank you all ahead of time! from everything I've already read you guys are all awesome! it really makes a huge difference when people like you are willing to help a newb like me, who otherwise wouldn't stand a chance.

Mucho Appreciation!!
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from South Dakota!!

Welcome and good luck to you
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan welcome to the forum.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome here and good luck to you.
    SA-250 TMD
    Squarewave 200
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    1951 G.E. welder