Thread: Eastwood versa cut 40 is it junk?? no pilot arc

Post Thanks / Like

Eastwood versa cut 40 is it junk?? no pilot arc

i bought a versa cut 40 and ive never had a problem with eastwoods products until now. the thing worked great i cut out some floor boards in my jeep with it i get no pilot arc now, or is this machine HF start? i dont really know the difference.. anyway it works and cuts but you have to ground the tip out to initiate the cut. when you pull the trigger for the "pilot arc" i get air and like sputtering as if its trying to arc but nothing. what a piece of....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eastwood versa cut 40 is it junk?? no pilot arc

Check and see if your nozzle is retracting, I guess is the right word, it should move in and out freely. Do you have a water filter at the machine? Fresh tip and nozzle?
    Thermal Arc 210 - Tweco 211I - Cutmaster 52

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eastwood versa cut 40 is it junk?? no pilot arc

Quote Originally Posted by mxpapa View Post
    Check and see if your nozzle is retracting, I guess is the right word, it should move in and out freely. Do you have a water filter at the machine? Fresh tip and nozzle?
    that springy contact inside the external nozzle? i put a new electrode and tip in and nothing, now it doesnt even cut. i have a large water filter on my compressor and a small in line one before the machine.