+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simadre UNT ct520d up in smoke.... Diagrams?

Post Thanks / Like

Simadre UNT ct520d up in smoke.... Diagrams?

Hey guys, I admit to being a lurker here for a while - I hesitated to join as I am already a member at too many forums That said this seems to be the best place to get intelligent answers so I am hoping someone can help me out.

I have a Simadre UNT ct520d that I worked really hard to convince my wife to let me buy. It looked like a great little unit for the price and I was on a major budget so I went for it.

As the title says it went up in smoke (no warranty anymore as far as I know). To be precise the top board which I believe is part A40613 smoked a whole bunch of stuff in the middle of the board (the picture is off the same board I found online, mine is all black and nasty looking so I figured it might not be helpful to show just that though I can if anyone wants )

I was going to try to fix this but I cannot tell what was on the board before it smoked.... The unit still powers up and all that but no arc.

I did find the board from someone on ebay and I bought it hoping to fix this unit but the guy never shipped the board and the transaction ended up being canceled.

Is there any chance someone out there has the circuit diagram for this or a spare board for sale etc? Any help would be great as I am currently dead in the water and very bummed out.

Thanks!
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 03-29-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: More pertinent information

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simadre UNT ct520d up in smoke.... Diagrams?

Hi There,

Check the High Frequency board on the unit. If you are not getting the High Frequency to the small board. Its most likely both boards will need to be replaced.
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have the CT520DX from Simadre, the top card look some different please tell me if I can help you. attached the top card picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Eastwood MIG 175

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longevity-inc.com View Post
    Hi There,

Check the High Frequency board on the unit. If you are not getting the High Frequency to the small board. Its most likely both boards will need to be replaced.
    I can do that; I haven't found a diagram for the unit yet however so I am not 100% sure where I should start looking. I have a scope so I will try to locate where the hf section of the circuit should be. I would assume from looking at that it is on the small board soldered on the larger board to the left with what looks like a flyback transformer?

Quote Originally Posted by fjch100 View Post
    Hi I have the CT520DX from Simadre, the top card look some different please tell me if I can help you. attached the top card picture
    Thank you for that, that is quite a bit different, here are some closeups of mine - you can see the burned sections top and bottom.

If you want to see the fullsize just view the image then remove the " - Copy" part from the path. You can see one smt componenet in the middle that you can't even tell what it is anymore and the trace curled up some.

Thanks for the help guys! It is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Simadre UNT ct520d up in smoke.... Diagrams?

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    Hey guys, I admit to being a lurker here for a while - I hesitated to join as I am already a member at too many forums That said this seems to be the best place to get intelligent answers so I am hoping someone can help me out.

I have a Simadre UNT ct520d that I worked really hard to convince my wife to let me buy. It looked like a great little unit for the price and I was on a major budget so I went for it.

As the title says it went up in smoke (no warranty anymore as far as I know). To be precise the top board which I believe is part A40613 smoked a whole bunch of stuff in the middle of the board (the picture is off the same board I found online, mine is all black and nasty looking so I figured it might not be helpful to show just that though I can if anyone wants )

I was going to try to fix this but I cannot tell what was on the board before it smoked.... The unit still powers up and all that but no arc.

I did find the board from someone on ebay and I bought it hoping to fix this unit but the guy never shipped the board and the transaction ended up being canceled.

Is there any chance someone out there has the circuit diagram for this or a spare board for sale etc? Any help would be great as I am currently dead in the water and very bummed out.

Thanks!
    Saw your post on this Forum.. I was looking at purchasing one of these units,or a CUT50D.. I contacted the company at http://www.simadrestore.com , they sent me the User manual, but not the Service manual. Still waiting on a reply from them..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist