+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Palm beach

Post Thanks / Like

Palm beach

any shop in palm beach county that might sell me ends and scrap for practice guy at the welding supply store told me that i could go to Fowler sheet metal but I couldnt catch them today they closed befor i could make it over there. I also tried A-1 Industrial supply but the woman behind the counter had the bead side manner of circus lion and was about as help full as poke in the eye. Although there price is good on tubing I figure why buy good metal untill im building some thing.

Ill pay by the LB if you like not looking for a free ride just looking for diffrent sizes of flat and tubing to practice on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Palm beach

could a mod delet this or move it to general welding ? i dont think any one is really getting a look at it in this section.

Post Thanks / Like

go to a metal recycling yard

Post Thanks / Like

DOOH. Its not so much that i cant find a metal recycling its that there all a ****ing a bajillion miles away I am hoping to find some place a little closer. like a shop that has drops and left overs and all that wonderfull grab bag of scrap metal goodness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teljkon View Post
    could a mod delet this or move it to general welding ? i dont think any one is really getting a look at it in this section.
    If you had given it an appropriate title, it might have helped a bit. I assumed it was about where to vacation or how to pick up free coconuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Title edits Aside Old Iron do you have any suggestions as to where in palm beach to go to get scrap for practice???

Post Thanks / Like

Title edits Aside Old Iron do you have any suggestions as to where in palm beach to go to get scrap for practice???
    What; you expect me to give away trade secrets? Besides, I'd rather ask what neat reptiles are in your area!

Post Thanks / Like

You'd probably have better luck finding a place for a boob job or face lift in Palm Beach than you would finding a fab shop with drops.
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    XMT 304 w/714 Feeder & Optima Pulser
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250
    Smith, Harris, Victor O/A
    Smith and Thermco Gas Mixers
    Access to a full fab shop with CNC Plasma, Water Jet, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Go south from copens on powerline 1/4 mile down on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    You'd probably have better luck finding a place for a boob job or face lift in Palm Beach than you would finding a fab shop with drops.
    I can throw a rock and hit one of those hell. copens and power line is way far from me there just isnt any thing around these parts oh well back to negotiations with the dragon lady.

Post Thanks / Like

Old iron as far as intresting reptiles Coral snakes take the cake one of the worst venoms in america consideed stronger than the western rattle snake but a much lower bite rate and gourgeous looking creature. Also it has a impersonator snake that looks almost just like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Old iron as far as intresting reptiles Coral snakes take the cake one of the worst venoms in america consideed stronger than the western rattle snake but a much lower bite rate and gourgeous looking creature. Also it has a impersonator snake that looks almost just like it.
    I've never had a Coral although I know a few people who have had. My first venomous was a small Copperhead and the largest a Pacific rattler; the weirdest was a Great Basin R> (Crotalus viridis lutosis) that grunted like a pig!
    I've only caught one Calif. Mountain King, (close, but not the impersonator) but lots of Common Kings, and Ringnecks and Sharptails...
    All of which reminds me I never sent my address to the researcher I heard last month giving a talk about behavior of Mojave Green Rattlers. He also had pictures of a male C.oreganus guarding a nest for two months, even after the female ('mother') left.

Post Thanks / Like

Your a amature herpetologist huh! had a few friends that like that. Ive heard alot of horror stories too the guy that got eaten by his comodo dragons and a guy that woke up with his boa eating him legs first.

Post Thanks / Like

Your a amature herpetologist huh! had a few friends that like that. Ive heard alot of horror stories too the guy that got eaten by his comodo dragons and a guy that woke up with his boa eating him legs first.
    More than just an amateur.
    One of the locals, a friend of a friend, became the first official Herpetologist with the US Fish & Game decades ago.

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding hell you probably know more about whats what to do with the local reptiles than I do

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist