+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I became caretaker of Caterpillar D315 Lincoln 300x2 Twin Arc welding machine today

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I became caretaker of Caterpillar D315 Lincoln 300x2 Twin Arc welding machine tod

Been 9 months Stickman. Still waiting, I'll fire it up when you get here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I became caretaker of Caterpillar D315 Lincoln 300x2 Twin Arc welding machine tod

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchguy View Post
    Been 9 months Stickman. Still waiting, I'll fire it up when you get here.
    Oh man Mike, I just happen to pop in here! I tell you, from last August Until this July I was working ridiculous hours. Now, because our material is stuck in china, I'm laid off. First time in almost seven years. Anyway, man I would love to stop out and see your toys. I even have a bunch of 1/4" rod worthy of that big guy, if you would like me to bring them! LOL I will try to shoot you a text. I'm not sure if you do texting, so if you don't respond I will give you a call. I don't like interupting so I like to text first in case you're busy.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Loading engine with straight load on it. No welding rod burnt. Average for the 2 generators was 255amps. No governor action. It barked good and made some coke from wet slobber laying around e-manifold.

4. Likes 12V71, scsmith42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had an old D8800 on a jaw crusher. When we crushed gravel it didn't do much work and slobber out the stack and when we'd move it to shot rock it would blow out chunks of carbon for days.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

6. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey wrenchguy. I’ve got the possibility of getting myself a 1955 cat twin arc welder with the d315. It’s down the road from my house. It’s a complete unit and it’s on a trailer. Was told it ran. Problem is that someone switched out the twin 300 generators for a single sae600. So it is not longer an all original machine. Would it still be worth getting. And whats the availability on getting a twin 300 so I could make it all original again??? Thanks.
    Last edited by hooks553@hotmail.com; 11-15-2021 at 06:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist