Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2882

Thread: Scrap metal art or projects

  1. #2826
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Another bell completed for a customer.

    The symbols mean, Faith, Hope, Love
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  2. #2827
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Do you paint the symbols on? Looks like its "thicker, 3D". Having a hard time asking the question. lol

  3. #2828
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Yes, painted on.
    Paint the base coat of black. Let dry for a week or so in the hot attic of the shop. Put painters tape on. Use carbon paper and trace design on. Razor knife and cut the tape.
    Paint several light coats of red so hopefully the black does not wrinkle. Remove the tape when the red is slightly set. Put in the attic for a few more days.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  4. Likes Shootr liked this post
  5. #2829
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Another bell completed for a customer.

    The symbols mean, Faith, Hope, Love
    I have a Chinese - English interpretation dictionary from the 1960's..

    I looked up those symbols, per my dictionary, they mean ;

    "LOUD Chicken CLUCK!! "

    Now, I gotta admit, I am wearing the same glasses I did 10 years ago,,
    and, I have been out in the 95 degree heat digging ditches for several hours,,
    and my dictionary is kinda old,,
    and there is the interpretations of some of the curves,,,

    so,, I maybe,, just might,, be slightly off on the character meanings,,






















    Sorry, I could not resist,,
    I am really lucky though, I never have been able to speak a word of Chinese,, let alone read any,,
    JUST luckily, I was not born there,,
    could you imagine growing up while living there,, and only being able to speak English! PHEW!!
    I REALLY dodged that bullet!!

    The bell looks great,
    I have built several,
    and the only thing I have painted is one wind sail that was cut out of steel roofing in the shape of an apple.

    I did paint the apple shape red, in hopes that it would inspire me to do more painting,,

    NO SUCH LUCK,,

  6. Likes psacustomcreations, robocow liked this post
  7. #2830
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    4,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    I have a Chinese - English interpretation dictionary from the 1960's..

    I looked up those symbols, per my dictionary, they mean ;

    "LOUD Chicken CLUCK!! "

    Now, I gotta admit, I am wearing the same glasses I did 10 years ago,,
    and, I have been out in the 95 degree heat digging ditches for several hours,,
    and my dictionary is kinda old,,
    and there is the interpretations of some of the curves,,,

    so,, I maybe,, just might,, be slightly off on the character meanings,,






















    Sorry, I could not resist,,
    I am really lucky though, I never have been able to speak a word of Chinese,, let alone read any,,
    JUST luckily, I was not born there,,
    could you imagine growing up while living there,, and only being able to speak English! PHEW!!
    I REALLY dodged that bullet!!

    The bell looks great,
    I have built several,
    and the only thing I have painted is one wind sail that was cut out of steel roofing in the shape of an apple.

    I did paint the apple shape red, in hopes that it would inspire me to do more painting,,

    NO SUCH LUCK,,
    I used Google translate and I came up “Everlast”




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  8. Likes LtBadd, SweetMK liked this post
  9. #2831
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    It's the Chuck Norris model punching bag... Not for the weak knuckled.

  10. Likes SweetMK liked this post
  11. #2832
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kenai, Alaska
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Pat, the Eastwood roller buffer/surface conditioning tool is a good buy for the money. I use it on lots of applications including wood. But... even with a full face shield and breather- its dusty. So



    this edge of the OEM steel cover allows for a dust collection system to be installed.




    took some steel tube, flattened it in the vise to get a lower profile so the roller buffer would still work close to flat on most materials.


    Flattening the tube meant it wouldn't miter well so I cut a miter on a curve.


    Left an outside sliver to fill the corner and hope to keep some decent flow? But made the corner joint fit.


    capped the end of the suction manifold with a quarter sized plug/plate.



    mounted the L shaped suction manifold to the edge of the curved sheet metal shroud of the original sander.



    Now i can hook up a shop vac and reduce the amount of dust in the air when I use this tool. I sent the images to Eastwood but not much interest? Nice tool for the money but dusty; no worries you can make a simple dust extraction system for this tool that will help reduce the mess.

    Cheers,
    Kevin Morin
    Kenai, AK

  12. #2833
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Thanks Kevin. That attachment looks great.

    I will most likely be using my Metabo Burnisher tomorrow or Tuesday on a new sculpture and will take a look at it and see if something similar can be made.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  13. #2834
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kenai, Alaska
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Pat, a remark or two about some of your posts above. One shows the bird form (quite a while back) that I liked quite a bit. Another more recent post shows some pieces you've recently sold and one is plant-like even seaweed-like column of leaf forms. They could also be seen as flames? But either way I wanted to suggest another form they imply. IMO.

    Birds.

    The column of leaves/flames could also be slightly suggestive of wing forms. To do this the overall symmetry would shift to one end being more fully rounded than the other- near the body vs away toward the wing tip.

    Also the orientation would be less vertical and more horizontal - at least in general.

    So, this is just an encouragement to think of those forms' relationship to wing forms... then to use the idea from the first (single) bird form to begin exploring what you might do with a 'flock' where they'd overlap in a horizontal 3D group?

    nice work, enjoy looking at your posts. Hope this idea comes across in text?

    Thanks for sharing your work & Happy 4th of July!

    Cheers,
    Kevin Morin
    Kenai, AK

  14. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  15. #2835
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Another sculpture is complete.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  16. #2836
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    And another sculpture is complete.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  17. Likes Reebz, gregket1, LtBadd, VaughnT, BD1, Shootr, SweetMK liked this post
  18. #2837
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    4,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    I like both the last two you posted!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  19. Likes psacustomcreations, BD1 liked this post
  20. #2838
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bandera,TX / MN
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Did you name that one tuning fork? I love the inspiration that goes into your art.

  21. Likes psacustomcreations, Lis2323 liked this post
  22. #2839
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by arcflash View Post
    Did you name that one tuning fork? I love the inspiration that goes into your art.
    Thanks. I do not have a name yet. Which is a bit of a pain since I need to do a write up on it and submit it later today for a public sculpture competition.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  23. #2840
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    West coast of Florida
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Thanks. I do not have a name yet. Which is a bit of a pain since I need to do a write up on it and submit it later today for a public sculpture competition.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    If you were in Sedona Az I'd recommend calling it the eye of enlightenment
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

  24. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  25. #2841
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    If you were in Sedona Az I'd recommend calling it the eye of enlightenment
    Thanks. I went with "Union" for the the one with two half circles, and "Harmony" for the aluminum with the blue sphere.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  26. Likes Lis2323, Shootr liked this post
  27. #2842
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    That last sculpter reminds me of an ice cold Comet blasting its way through space.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

  28. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  29. #2843
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    And another sculpture is complete.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Ah, that's the " Bugs Bunny "


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. Likes psacustomcreations, whtbaron liked this post
  31. #2844
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Thanks. I went with "Union" for the the one with two half circles, and "Harmony" for the aluminum with the blue sphere.
    Good luck on the selection process!
    Yeswelder MIG-205DS
    (3) Angle Grinders at the Ready
    Just a hobbyist trying to improve

  32. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  33. #2845
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    And another sculpture is complete.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    The sculpture of the dog looks so life-like you could get a contract doing art for the Louvre,, or even Madame Tussauds,,,






    Great looking art,,

  34. Likes psacustomcreations, Lis2323 liked this post
  35. #2846
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    And another sculpture is complete.


    Looks Vulcan to me, which means it's super cool.

  36. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  37. #2847
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    An art gallery I belong to (The Bay School Community Art Center) in Mathews, VA is having a show dedicated to the elements. I will be entering a piece inspired by fire.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  38. Likes N2 Welding, Lis2323, Shootr, LtBadd, VaughnT liked this post
  39. #2848
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Morin View Post
    Pat, a remark or two about some of your posts above. One shows the bird form (quite a while back) that I liked quite a bit. Another more recent post shows some pieces you've recently sold and one is plant-like even seaweed-like column of leaf forms. They could also be seen as flames? But either way I wanted to suggest another form they imply. IMO.

    Birds.

    The column of leaves/flames could also be slightly suggestive of wing forms. To do this the overall symmetry would shift to one end being more fully rounded than the other- near the body vs away toward the wing tip.

    Also the orientation would be less vertical and more horizontal - at least in general.

    So, this is just an encouragement to think of those forms' relationship to wing forms... then to use the idea from the first (single) bird form to begin exploring what you might do with a 'flock' where they'd overlap in a horizontal 3D group?

    nice work, enjoy looking at your posts. Hope this idea comes across in text?

    Thanks for sharing your work & Happy 4th of July!

    Cheers,
    Kevin Morin
    Kenai, AK
    Kevin,
    When I think of what you are describing, it sounds like some of the MC Escher prints where items evolve or change shape. I think your suggestion is doable, but I would have to think through the transition and how to cut the designs out on the plasma table.

    I had already started on this latest flame inspired piece before I saw your idea. Maybe next time.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  40. #2849
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    PSAcustomcreations is the gong/bell perfectionist of Weldingweb. His work is what inspired me to experiment with bells, gongs, and windchimes.
    I bought a croquet set at a garage sale. Well the balls are perfect for the clapper inside a breathable oxygen tank which is close to 4" inside. These balls are 3 and 5/8" in diameter. I cut them in half and they are excellent ! Doesn't take much wind to create a soft tone. These were plastic balls made in USA which was interesting. I thought they were wood until drilling them out.
    The croquet mallets are great on the steel cylinder bells / gongs.
    It's interesting the variety of tones they have depending on diameter and lengths. A league baseball on a handle provides a soft tone while a chunk of steel sends out a loud fire truck bell sound.
    I enjoy experimenting with aluminum and steel cylinders.
    Thanks again Pat !!

  41. #2850
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Thanks Bob.

    I use the special baseball on a stick pretty regularly since it has a nice sound. I wrap the baseball with various pieces of cloth to make them look better and compliment the bell.

    I have not tried the croquet mallets or balls yet since I haven't thought of them or found them.

    I met another artist by the name of Ed Kidera not long ago and then stopped by his house. He is seriously talented and does some phenomenal steam punk sculptures.

    Check out his website: https://kiderafineart.com/ed/

    I picked up a large supply of cylinders from him when I was at his house. Unfortunately, he is suffering from severe cancer and may not make it to the end of the year. If you want to help him and his family out, check out his art and maybe buy something from them.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  42. Likes Shootr liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,632,372,821.52752 seconds with 13 queries