Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3124

Thread: Scrap metal art or projects

  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    The best scenario for me would be for it not to sell. I keep the check from the city then keep all the money from a future sale.



    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    That's what I thought.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  2. Likes BD1 liked this post
  3. #3002
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Those are called blind flanges. I installed many but my largest was only for 24" pipe.
    Here's some info
    https://www.piping-designer.com/inde...raised-face-in


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Bob!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  4. #3003
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Working on making making a 4’x6’ welding table out of scrap today.

    I place a magnetic wand near the cutter to contain the swarf…..








    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  5. #3004
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    hueytown, ala
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    I'm lusting on your Hougen

  6. Likes Lis2323, whtbaron liked this post
  7. #3005
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Working on making making a 4’x6’ welding table out of scrap today.

    I place a magnetic wand near the cutter to contain the swarf…..








    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice setup. Too bad you don't have a tool to get that rust off. Magnet would probably stick better.
    Sorry, I had to type this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  9. #3006
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Nice setup. Too bad you don't have a tool to get that rust off. Magnet would probably stick better.
    Sorry, I had to type this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you are saying there might be a device which turns or rotates and removes rust and scale?

    Who ever heard of such witchcraft?

    You people with your new fangled ideas.

    Edit: Do they have them in metric for our Northern brethren?

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  10. Likes BD1 liked this post
  11. #3007
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Nice setup. Too bad you don't have a tool to get that rust off. Magnet would probably stick better.
    Sorry, I had to type this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    So you are saying there might be a device which turns or rotates and removes rust and scale?

    Who ever heard of such witchcraft?

    You people with your new fangled ideas.

    Edit: Do they have them in metric for our Northern brethren?

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Smart a$$es! I wake up to THIS???



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  12. Likes BD1, psacustomcreations, whtbaron, DLHCC liked this post
  13. #3008
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Smart a$$es! I wake up to THIS???



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, I'm glad you woke up.

    Do you have Pat and I on your will ??

    Will travel....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. Likes Lis2323, psacustomcreations liked this post
  15. #3009
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Hey, I'm glad you woke up.

    Do you have Pat and I on your will ??

    Will travel....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah the both of you can "take a hike"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  16. Likes BD1, psacustomcreations liked this post
  17. #3010
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Yeah the both of you can "take a hike"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be a long hike.

    I do have a current Passport.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
  19. #3011
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Snyder TX
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by cwby View Post
    We have a 95ish Mack cabover, single axle tractor coming in for our next auction. I'll post a pic when it comes into the yard.
    Link to photos. Looks like it would be good to have in tight quarters.
    https://texas.hibid.com/lot/10441564...q=&ref=catalog

  20. Likes whtbaron, 12V71 liked this post
  21. #3012
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Scrap metal art or projects

    I went back to my friend’s to pick up a couple of pieces of 3/4” plate for projects. At 30.6 pounds per square foot I have a little over 700 pounds here…..






    I still need to grab this blind flange….




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lis2323; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:48 PM.
    :

  22. #3013
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    If those plates cuts were squared up or cleaned up, they would make nice tables by themselves.

    I have a 48x96 piece of 3/4 for my welding table.


    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  23. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  24. #3014
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    I'm not an artistic visionary like you fellas.

    I need to have a pile of odds and ends to trip over for a couple of years before I get an inspiration.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  25. Likes whtbaron, Meltedmetal, BD1, VaughnT, Roert42 liked this post
  26. #3015
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    5,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by cwby View Post
    Link to photos. Looks like it would be good to have in tight quarters.
    https://texas.hibid.com/lot/10441564...q=&ref=catalog
    I'd like to have something like that for moving trailers in and out of the shop. With an auto transmission, don't need a clutch for yard duty. I think the truck I have now may have just been sold for a bunch more than I paid for it. (In negotiation)Attachment 1732723
    Last edited by 12V71; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:13 PM.

  27. #3016
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    I'd like to have something like that for moving trailers in and out of the shop. With an auto transmission, don't need a clutch for yard duty. )
    Don’t forget HYDRAULIC FIFTH WHEEL!

    And maybe fab up a set of steps and hand rail for easy access.

    And a cup holder. Those old Macks wouldn’t have those.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  28. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  29. #3017
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    5,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Don’t forget HYDRAULIC FIFTH WHEEL!

    And maybe fab up a set of steps and hand rail for easy access.

    And a cup holder. Those old Macks wouldn’t have those.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Kinda been watching for a regular yard goat, but making the occasional 20 mile round trip that probably wouldn't be real practical.

  30. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
  31. #3018
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Kinda been watching for a regular yard goat, but making the occasional 20 mile round trip that probably wouldn't be real practical.
    I’d rather have a job spotting trailers than a regular driving job.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  32. Likes 12V71, VaughnT liked this post
  33. #3019
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    'ta town, KS
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    I dropped my CDL a long time ago... not worth the hassle and penalty for speeding.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

    Mac

  34. Likes 12V71, VaughnT liked this post
  35. #3020
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    No traffic jams. No DOT. No chaining up. No road rage.

    Always a coffee room or bathroom nearby. ..



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  36. Likes 12V71, VaughnT liked this post
  37. #3021
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    5,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Crew View Post
    I dropped my CDL a long time ago... not worth the hassle and penalty for speeding.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yep, I turned 58 yesterday and mine expires in 2 years. At 60 our state gives you even more hoops to jump through to keep it. Age and weight are their favorite things to jump on, my weight is in their range for good. I know a customer driver in his 30's and he is forced to go through sleep tests because he's 20 lbs overweight... Really? how invasive can you get?

  38. #3022
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    'ta town, KS
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    I have what some would call a lead foot... and do not want the most extreme punishment for a minor infraction. Or if I might have imbibed a bit certainly not worth it.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

    Mac

  39. #3023
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Yep, I turned 58 yesterday and mine expires in 2 years. ?
    Happy Birthday!!! My wife would have turned 58 on October 19.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  40. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  41. #3024
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Snyder TX
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    I'd like to have something like that for moving trailers in and out of the shop. With an auto transmission, don't need a clutch for yard duty. I think the truck I have now may have just been sold for a bunch more than I paid for it. (In negotiation)Attachment 1732723
    It is for sale, but the guy the drove it in from Oklahoma recommends hauling it if you have to take very far down the road without some weight on the 5th wheel.

  42. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  43. #3025
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Scrap metal art or projects

    Quote Originally Posted by cwby View Post
    It is for sale, but the guy the drove it in from Oklahoma recommends hauling it if you have to take very far down the road without some weight on the 5th wheel.
    Geez. My teeth hurt just THINKING about that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  44. Likes 12V71 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,638,243,045.94028 seconds with 14 queries